Grading Hickey's Signings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Hickey's Signings

My grades:

Brent Grimes, Louis Delmas, Branden Albert, Earl Mitchell: Incomplete. These guys haven't even seen a minicamp, much less played in a game yet.

So what would you of rather did? Keep overpaying for the big names, or settle for some of the players with tons of potential plus they already proven to be a good player?

Paying for your big names left and right will **** you financially.

Who have we signed fitting your description?

Exactly. He loves not signing a known beast like Starks or Soliai for big money, suggesting we were smart and got a great player for cheaper.

But, when we overpay for a known good player at LT, it was also a brilliant move.

Mitchell is 26 and keeps getting better and made a big jump from 2012 to 2013. He was a force in the middle for texans last season.

Delmas may get injured often and struggle at times but their has been times where he has looked good so why not a one year?

Brent Grimes CB- (A+) Obviously our best player on defense last year and arguably the best player on our team. Didn't even let Grimes hit the market. Love it!!!

Louis Delmas FS- (B) Like the one year deal, lets see what he can do and make him work for the contract.

Branden Albert OT- (A-) The key to this offseason is to fix the line to protect Tannehill, lets not forget this guys. Albert may be average in the run game but only gave up 4 sacks in 555 chances in 2013. Did we overpay? Yes, but we had to because the Cardinals were on our *** for him early on as well.

Earl Mitchell DT- (A) I know he is not officially signed but he will be. Mitchell was cheaper than Soliai and Mitchell put up with double teams to free up Watt. He is also 4 years younger than Soliai and Starks. He also has potential to be a very good pass rusher. (Ran a 4.75!!!) Great signing!

I have a hunch in your eyes, it was going to be wonderful no matter what happened today.

Grimes- A- we needed him back so this was an obvious move.

Albert- D he's going to be 30 and is a mid-tier OT. We over paid once again paying max money to a guy who is not even in the top 10 at his position. He'll be horrible in year 3 and we will be begging to replace him. not good

Delmas- C+ if he can stay healthy I think hes an upgrade over Clemons at a good price. Big IF

Mitchell- A He is an up and coming DT at a very good price. Hes got a high motor and can help fill the void. I like this signing

reminds me of last year when every signing we did was considered great on this board.
Remember ellerbeast, then he became Ellerbust lol

I'll never get why you laugh so damn much about things like this, never!

Exactly. He loves not signing a known beast like Starks or Soliai for big money, suggesting we were smart and got a great player for cheaper.

But, when we overpay for a known good player at LT, it was also a brilliant move.

Best tackle in pass protection last year???? Tannehill was sacked 58 times last year!!!!
Albert had the fewest quarterback hurries and only 4 sacks in 555 snaps.

Grimes has obviously

They all have obviously, but none of them have played in the 2014 season, under these new contracts. Am I hopeful? Sure. But how can I assess the acquisitions without them playing a single down?

Ok I will play

Brent Grimes CB- B - good deal but it had little to do with the gm Brent took a team friendly deal because he badly wanted to stay in Miami. Losing Grimes would have meant an epic front office ****up

Louis Delmas FS- D At best a slight upgrade over the very reliable Clemons and in exhange for this marginal upgrade we have to deal with a big injury risk

Branden Albert OT- (C+) the wrong tackle - and we overpaid him. My 4th choice LT - old, overpaid, injury concern and just nothing special - only reason it got this high of a grade was because at least (if healthy) he is a viable LT

Earl Mitchell DT- (A) I like the player, the price and the fit. Only problem is he should play with Soliai not instead of him.

Paul Soliai - D - a significant loss we should have found a way to keep him.

They all have obviously, but none of them have played in the 2014 season, under these new contracts. Am I hopeful? Sure. But how can I assess the acquisitions without them playing a single down?

Perhaps the OP has one of these...
crystalBall1-1.jpg

Well he asked for less than Starks because he is not as good as starks

Starks is a stud. No doubt about it. I do believe that Mitchell did not fit the Scheme run by the Texans. My opinion is he will perform better in a 4-3 scheme where his penetrating style is an advantage. If so, his performance per dollar may be significantly better than Starks. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom