Grading Hickey's Signings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading Hickey's Signings

My grades:

Brent Grimes, Louis Delmas, Branden Albert, Earl Mitchell: Incomplete. These guys haven't even seen a minicamp, much less played in a game yet.

Brent Grimes has and performed well in Miami's system....he's the only one I can possibly give a grade to

Brent Grimes CB- (A+) Obviously our best player on defense last year and arguably the best player on our team. Didn't even let Grimes hit the market. Love it!!!

Louis Delmas FS- (B) Like the one year deal, lets see what he can do and make him work for the contract.

Branden Albert OT- (A-) The key to this offseason is to fix the line to protect Tannehill, lets not forget this guys. Albert may be average in the run game but only gave up 4 sacks in 555 chances in 2013. Did we overpay? Yes, but we had to because the Cardinals were on our *** for him early on as well.

Earl Mitchell DT- (A) I know he is not officially signed but he will be. Mitchell was cheaper than Soliai and Mitchell put up with double teams to free up Watt. He is also 4 years younger than Soliai and Starks. He also has potential to be a very good pass rusher. (Ran a 4.75!!!) Great signing!

Excellent post, I agree 100% :-)

Albert gets an A for two reasons. 1 we desperately needed a left tackle, and 2. We didn't have to give up any picks for him like we would have had to do last year. I think this was Irelands plan all the while but he learned a valuable lesson... Can't make decisions for the future in the NFL as your future with the team is not a given.

Delmas - A, why? Because he reminds me of that physical safety that seattle has that puts fear in opposing WR. Now we have 2 very physical safeties in the backfield. Add another Cover corner and our Secondary could be scary.

Mitchell - B. Solia was drafted to be the NT in a 3-4 defense, sense we've moved to a 4-3 i think his value has diminished, and I'm not sure how good of a DT he was anyway... we had trouble stopping the run and people blame the LB's but the DT is supposed to demand double teams and keep the olineman off of the LB's so they can roam free. I don't think this happened.. I think Odrick can be just as good if not better than Starks and for less money. Mitchell gives us a more versatile DT thats younger and has the ability to get the the QB at 6'3 300/

Albert - B+
Grimes - A+
Delmas - B
Mitchell - A
Trading Jon Martin deserves a mention. That's an A+++++

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Albert gets an A for two reasons. 1 we desperately needed a left tackle, and 2. We didn't have to give up any picks for him like we would have had to do last year. I think this was Irelands plan all the while but he learned a valuable lesson... Can't make decisions for the future in the NFL as your future with the team is not a given.

Delmas - A, why? Because he reminds me of that physical safety that seattle has that puts fear in opposing WR. Now we have 2 very physical safeties in the backfield. Add another Cover corner and our Secondary could be scary.

Mitchell - B. Solia was drafted to be the NT in a 3-4 defense, sense we've moved to a 4-3 i think his value has diminished, and I'm not sure how good of a DT he was anyway... we had trouble stopping the run and people blame the LB's but the DT is supposed to demand double teams and keep the olineman off of the LB's so they can roam free. I don't think this happened.. I think Odrick can be just as good if not better than Starks and for less money. Mitchell gives us a more versatile DT thats younger and has the ability to get the the QB at 6'3 300/

Also worth mentioning, the Texans opponents averaged 3.1 yards per carry with Mitchell on the field compared to 4.2 with him on the sideline.

I give Delmas a D+ rating.

His knees are NOT in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom