Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

I like Tua and pulling for him. However any comparisons to HOF QBs are premature.

I am pulling for Tua and know that the first few games of this year are a major part of his learning curve, new OC and players. That being said I expect him to ball the last 9 games. Those are the games I am judging him by. No injury excuse, talented offensive weapons, and 8 games to learn new ocs plays and calls. I expect that Flo and Tua will rise above what I think they will do and lead us to a late playoff run . Grier and Flo took a lot of raw talent in the draft last year, in a year where it was hard to coach anybody due to covid, all of our rookies, who did contribute are getting their first real off-season. along with what should be a majority talented draft class. 4 picks in top 50, plus a depth of picks in later rounds

The thing I'm looking forward to most for the 2021 season, aside from Dolphins football, is all the crow some of the posters on this board, as well as media folks like Colin Cowherd, are going to have eat when Tua tears it up.
That's sad. Really.

Just root for the TEAM and hope for the best.

Seriously.

I always thought that Tua looked more like Montana than Young (other than the left-handed thing). They were both in the same offense so you saw them running the same plays. You could probably put up side by side videos of Tua and Montana just like they did for Tua and Young. I feel Tua's athletic profile was closer to Montana's. Neither guy was going to overwhelm you with strength or speed, but they both had quick feet and their were more timing passers. Montana's and Tua's footwork was more precise and they had that both had that smooth and easy throwing motion. They were very fast processors and had similar demeanors in the huddle. They both were nimble in the pocket, but it was more calculated. I think that if Montana had been left-handed then he would have been the guy everybody compared Tua to.
Lets just say hes a Steve Montana and were all good!!

That's sad. Really.

Just root for the TEAM and hope for the best.

Seriously.
You said some of the same stuff regarding Grier when you when you were on that kick. That’s just being a fan in general. I don’t think it’s sad when you said or implied it or when fans do it with tua. The hypocrisy in this forum is amazing.

I am pulling for Tua and know that the first few games of this year are a major part of his learning curve, new OC and players. That being said I expect him to ball the last 9 games. Those are the games I am judging him by. No injury excuse, talented offensive weapons, and 8 games to learn new ocs plays and calls. I expect that Flo and Tua will rise above what I think they will do and lead us to a late playoff run . Grier and Flo took a lot of raw talent in the draft last year, in a year where it was hard to coach anybody due to covid, all of our rookies, who did contribute are getting their first real off-season. along with what should be a majority talented draft class. 4 picks in top 50, plus a depth of picks in later rounds
I have no idea nor prediction regarding our 2021 record.
To me, it seems it will depend on the development of a few key players. The OL of Kindley, Hunt, and Jackson (we know what we have in Flowers, Sura, Davis). Will Igby improve to play meaningful minutes? In the draft, we need a starting WR, RB, and front 7 help (starters not depth).
That will be a playoff team I believe.

Back
Top Bottom