Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

Anymore Tua Hating ? The he showed glimpses of greatness in Tampa was shut down easily. If anything just because Justin Herbert had a great season last season doesn't mean he will repeat it. I love him as a player, and if he was in this years drafted he would have been a top 3 pick. He has to repeat the same success the following season.

I love your post.

But not an NFL QB, bubba? You went off the reservation there.

I thought much the same as you until I looked up the season highlights. Yo, kids gots skills. I know highlights are Just highlights but I bet it will make you feel much, much better.

And Tua should’ve never seen the field last year. I think this regime, which has proven to be a whole heck of a lot more good than bad, fumbled the situation.

Between 2 posters that didn’t make Tua avatars 4 years ago, how good could you have possibly expected him to be fresh off of a severe injury? Isn’t it the reason he fell to us to begin with?

I didn’t see that he doesn’t belong. I didn’t see that magic, X factor either. I saw a scared rookie. That’s all. That can be easily fixed.
I meant he didn’t play like he belonged. But I expect that to change this year.

I get that you are not sold on Tua, but a proper assessment should be done this upcoming year as he was brought in last season after rehab and not much time to properly train or workout. It was widely regarded that last year he would ride the bench while Fitz would take the helm, to everyone's surprise he was brought in earlier than expected. I think this offseason's training should answer better how athletic he is and what he really is capable of.
Before he was drafted he worked out and trained with Trent Delfer and we were told he would be ready to start right away, we heard from many posters here also beating that drum also. The thought process at that time was that he would come in at the bye week, there was very few that wanted him to sit out the season. The Dolphins themselves mentioned this when they started him against the Rams. I don’t know where you came up with that he was supposed to sit all season.

You mean the concept of “team”. As he has played for more than 25% of the team’s in the NFL. The main concept I know of is that 8 team’s have moved on from him. But who knows maybe lucky number team 9 will get him into the playoffs. I’m hoping he does it he’s a great guy and I’d like him to end his career on a high.

The Dolphins didn't move on from him, they wanted him back for ~$5,000,000 a year. As a FA, he took a $10,000,00 a year offer.

Any more "presumptions"?

NIce Try, Steve Young left Tampa with 11 touchdowns and 21 interceptions in two seasons. He was God awful, and as well as the rest of the team. Steve Young didn't have a successful season until his 8th season in the league where he managed to throw over 20 td's. If you are here telling me Steve Young showed flashes of greatness in Tampa then that just tells me you are just Tua Hating lol. You don't have to like Tua bro I get it, but to say that Tua's rookie season sucked compared to anything Steve Young did with Tampa is crazy. No one talked about how great young was with Tampa. If anything don't forget Steve young went 1st overall and was a letdown to Tampa, and also the league thought the same. Tampa ended up taking a 2nd or a 3rd for him, and the 49rs thought they could rehabilitate him. Just the 49rs no one else. It took him 6 years with San Francisco to even perform elite Level. With a team full of pro bowlers, and all pro's. So when anyone in here tries to make this point that "Tua isn't young, isn't this or that", I find it mind boggling.
I was not a SF or Tampa fan, but I was very confident that Young was a great QB even despite the poor stats. So, yes, I talked about how Young was while he was in Tampa. But I've never been someone who evaluates based on stats. Young had elite traits and I felt that he would excel in SF's system.

Before he was drafted he worked out and trained with Trent Delfer and we were told he would be ready to start right away, we heard from many posters here also beating that drum also. The thought process at that time was that he would come in at the bye week, there was very few that wanted him to sit out the season. The Dolphins themselves mentioned this when they started him against the Rams. I don’t know where you came up with that he was supposed to sit all season.
My understanding was prior to the season that he may not play, I think based on his improvements during rehab things were accelerated as you mention. A lot of people were surprised at his quick turnaround but regardless of what has been mentioned it is commonly understood that he was coming in without the proper offseason. That's why I think this next season is good for a proper assessment to be made. If you don't agree with that, it's cool no big deal.

I agree. Did all of this "not athletic" stuff come a year that followed a bad injury with an insane recovery time? The guy spent probably most of the off season learning to run again. Just absurd.
I can tell you first hand having had a bad leg injury just learning to walk properly takes time because after being laid up one of your legs is completely atrophied and easily injured. So its slow, slow, slow.
You werent here for it, but before we drafted him you shouldve seen some of the posts on here.

Like completely over-anayzing a 3 second clip of him walking.

"he will need a wheelchair during the draft!"

My understanding was prior to the season that he may not play, I think based on his improvements during rehab things were accelerated as you mention. A lot of people were surprised at his quick turnaround but regardless of what has been mentioned it is commonly understood that he was coming in without the proper offseason. That's why I think this next season is good for a proper assessment to be made. If you don't agree with that, it's cool no big deal.
Go back and look at the Tua draft threads, there’s lot of conversations about this and the number one thing was Tua is healthy and ready to start right away. Every Tua fan argued this point to fans that had concerns about his health and on top of that they were ready to throw multiple draft picks to move up to grab him, now that the season has ended and his performance was average at best we start to hear all these excuses as to why.
Now I get the off-season training “WITH“ teammates, but by all accounts he was ready to play with NO limitations. I have no problem giving him 3-4 years, but that injury was dismissed a long time ago. There’s hundreds of pages about this argument. The dolphins plan all along was to start him after the bye,
and that statement was from coach Flo himself.

Go back and look at the Tua draft threads, there’s lot of conversations about this and the number one thing was Tua is healthy and ready to start right away. Every Tua fan argued this point to fans that had concerns about his health and on top of that they were ready to throw multiple draft picks to move up to grab him, now that the season has ended and his performance was average at best we start to hear all these excuses as to why.
Now I get the off-season training “WITH“ teammates, but by all accounts he was ready to play with NO limitations. I have no problem giving him 3-4 years, but that injury was dismissed a long time ago. There’s hundreds of pages about this argument. The dolphins plan all along was to start him after the bye,
and that statement was from coach Flo himself.
Why is it so hard to grasp training for your first nfl season is a little bit different, while fully healthy vs rehabbing a major injury? Is that really THAT much of an excuse? I get that he didnt look great at times, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as a phin fan, I would at least try to have a little optimism about the guy

Why is it so hard to grasp training for your first nfl season is a little bit different, while fully healthy vs rehabbing a major injury? Is that really THAT much of an excuse? I get that he didnt look great at times, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as a phin fan, I would at least try to have a little optimism about the guy
I said I get the off season training with teammates, but by all accounts he was ready with no limitations. That was the argument then. I have reservations, but I said I would be willing to give him 3-4 years.

I said I get the off season training with teammates, but by all accounts he was ready with no limitations. That was the argument then. I have reservations, but I said I would be willing to give him 3-4 years.
Again- you arent getting the point. "ready with no limitations" ... does that mean he is at full strength, what he wouldve been if there was never a huge injury?

no it doesnt equal the same thing

Back
Top Bottom