Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great comparison by Carr....Tua and S.Young

People need to stop saying Tua isnt an athletic qb. He can run out of the pocket very well.
I agree. Did all of this "not athletic" stuff come a year that followed a bad injury with an insane recovery time? The guy spent probably most of the off season learning to run again. Just absurd.
I can tell you first hand having had a bad leg injury just learning to walk properly takes time because after being laid up one of your legs is completely atrophied and easily injured. So its slow, slow, slow.

Last edited:
Long ago I decided I didn't care what the media has to say about our team or players good or bad. People here get too much into it for no real reason. They still have to go out there on the field and play the games and do their job. You don't win or lose games based on what the so called "experts" have to say.

Very true bro...a lot of people I think just want to get their hopes up...get excited about something...and unfortunately it usually only serves as disappointment when the player doesn't live up to those expectations....

Do you even listen to what you post? Dude Carr was comparing Tua to Young in his first seasons - You should face palm yourself
I watched Steve Young early on....I was born and grew up in the Tampa area....while Tampa was a very bad team during Steve Young’s early years, you could still see a very talented player that had a bright future in the league....Tua’s arm looked weak last year and you didn’t get the same impression from watching him.

Maybe it was the hip injury from the year before...I hope so, but I didn’t see Steve Young in Tampa talent individually from Tua.

If that offends your fan hood of Tua that’s your issue...not mine.

I don’t have to defend my views to you, it’s my opinion...my pick last year for QB was rookie of the year...Tua has a lot to prove in 2021 or this team will be QB hunting again.

Last edited:
I’ve been super critical of Tua but I do think that there will be a big jump. I doubt Tua is taking any time off. All of the negative talk is fueling him. I think we need a playmaker at 6 and harris at 18 and this offense will be scary.

I agree. Did all of this "not athletic" stuff come a year that followed a bad injury with an insane recovery time? The guy spent probably most of the off season learning to run again. Just absurd.
I can tell you first hand having had a bad leg injury just learning to walk properly takes time because after being laid up one of your legs is completely atrophied and easily injured. So its slow, slow, slow.
He freaking did it in many plays.

In their first freaking year - watch the video people - and then look stupid
Even so - and you’re right I didn’t read it because the premise annoyed me - it’s still silly IMO. Hundreds of 1st round QBs have been drafted and all get compared to this HOF or that HOFer. In the end, very few wind up being “good” let alone great. The way Tua played last year I wouldn’t be mentioning him in the same breadth as Joe Montana or Steve Young. I don’t care what parsing up on video of this footwork or hip movement or ball placement some video shows me. I saw all of these guys play as rookies. SF wasn’t wondering if they had found their guy after Joe’s rookie campaign. They knew they had and sent previous starter Steve DeBerg packing. We couldn’t even get Ryan Fitzpatrick off of the field for crying out loud. Oh, and the QB position is a lot easier to play in today’s NFL. For one, you can’t get hit. Second, your receivers can’t get interrupted and as a result you should complete near 70% of your passes vs 52% or whatever it was when those guys came out. I’m not a Tua hater. I liked some things I saw last year and he is likely going to make a big leap this year. He was very raw as a rookie. If he doesn’t take a big leap I’m not sure what that says about his future in the NFL because quite frankly he wasn’t an NFL QB last year. He just wasn’t. Let’s hold the Joe Montana comparisons until we’re sure he’s at least better than AJ Feeley and Cleo Lemon.

I watched Steve Young early on....I was born and grew up in the Tampa area....while Tampa was a very bad team during Steve Young’s early years, you could still see a very talented player that had a bright future in the league....Tua’s arm looked weak last year and you didn’t get the same impression from watching him.

Maybe it was the hip injury from the year before...I hope so, but I didn’t see Steve Young in Tampa talent individually from Tua.

I don’t have to defend my views to you, it’s my opinion...my pick last year for QB was rookie of the year...Tua has a lot to prove in 2021 or this team will be QB hunting again.
100%. Said similar in my previous post. And Herbert turned out to be a much, much, much more polished product coming out. We’ll see if Tua can be an NFL QB this year because last year he wasn’t. Tannehill was raw coming out too but was a better rookie. Tua has a huge gap to to close between “not ready for the NFL” and “Steve Young”. And if he busts I’m going to fire Grier myself. Somehow.

NIce Try, Steve Young left Tampa with 11 touchdowns and 21 interceptions in two seasons. He was God awful, and as well as the rest of the team. Steve Young didn't have a successful season until his 8th season in the league where he managed to throw over 20 td's. If you are here telling me Steve Young showed flashes of greatness in Tampa then that just tells me you are just Tua Hating lol. You don't have to like Tua bro I get it, but to say that Tua's rookie season sucked compared to anything Steve Young did with Tampa is crazy. No one talked about how great young was with Tampa. If anything don't forget Steve young went 1st overall and was a letdown to Tampa, and also the league thought the same. Tampa ended up taking a 2nd or a 3rd for him, and the 49rs thought they could rehabilitate him. Just the 49rs no one else. It took him 6 years with San Francisco to even perform elite Level. With a team full of pro bowlers, and all pro's. So when anyone in here tries to make this point that "Tua isn't young, isn't this or that", I find it mind boggling.

I don’t want him to be a Young type of player. Not saying being that good I mean running that much. All that will do is put him on the IR every year. Just try to get as close to Brees as he can get. And pick up a first down once or twice a game with his legs but don’t take the hits that Young did.

You mean he should play like that Fitzpatrick guy "... pick up a first down once or twice a game with his legs …"? - LOL

Young showed nothing in Tampa early on.

If you saw flashes in Tampa but nothing from Tua you're just being biased.

After watching this film and reading some of the posts, I have concluded that many fans here can't see.

This tape should be listed under the "the worst tackling attempts in NFL history".

Look at it again. Those tacklers were at the best weak armed tacklers. That's what you call someone who can't wrap-up the runner, falling off the runner before they get a hold of him. The most stupid attempts, diving into the ground 3 feet behind the runner and trying to look like they are making an effort to tackle him, were common place.

Watch the film again, this happens more then once.

That's not to say that Young did not do a good job getting out of the pocket, he was remarkable at that. It's after he got out of the pocket that the incredible level of poor tackling attempts becomes the focus of the film, intentionally or other wise.

You mean he should play like that Fitzpatrick guy "... pick up a first down once or twice a game with his legs …"? - LOL
No I want him to make the playoffs this year.

No I want him to make the playoffs this year.

I see you are having trouble with the concept of "team". I can help with that. There are over 50 players on an NFL team.

If you have any questions about something as fundamental as that, your just pulling my leg, you know, the shortest one of the three - LOL

He just wasn’t.

I love your post.

But not an NFL QB, bubba? You went off the reservation there.

I thought much the same as you until I looked up the season highlights. Yo, kids gots skills. I know highlights are Just highlights but I bet it will make you feel much, much better.

And Tua should’ve never seen the field last year. I think this regime, which has proven to be a whole heck of a lot more good than bad, fumbled the situation.

Between 2 posters that didn’t make Tua avatars 4 years ago, how good could you have possibly expected him to be fresh off of a severe injury? Isn’t it the reason he fell to us to begin with?

I didn’t see that he doesn’t belong. I didn’t see that magic, X factor either. I saw a scared rookie. That’s all. That can be easily fixed.

I see you are having trouble with the concept of "team". I can help with that. There are over 50 players on an NFL team.

If you have any questions about something as fundamental as that, your just pulling my leg, you know, the shortest one of the three - LOL
You mean the concept of “team”. As he has played for more than 25% of the team’s in the NFL. The main concept I know of is that 8 team’s have moved on from him. But who knows maybe lucky number team 9 will get him into the playoffs. I’m hoping he does it he’s a great guy and I’d like him to end his career on a high.

Back
Top Bottom