Greatest (Insignificant) Memory | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest (Insignificant) Memory

anthony! said:
Ok, you know those memories you have that just don't really matter. I am not talking about Marino's 48 TD's, or the comback game against the Bills. But rather the little things that happened that did not affect the team, or anyone, but you just won't forget.

My example is when Partick Surtain publicly commented on the pronounciation of his name (SurTAN, not surTANE). Although it means nothing, I just can't forget it, always laugh about it when I think about it.

Share your "Greatest (Insignificant) Memory"...

On that note, I remember Kareem abdul Jabbar's first year, first game. They had his jersey spelled wrong. It read Kareem ADBUL Jabbar. I never noticed eitehr until they flashed back to it in week 2 or 3 when the Fins were on again.

My otehr memory is Marino (of course) hurting his ankle in the red zone in the mid 90's. He got up, waved off trainers and finished the drive on a more svere than usual limp. Later that week, we hear it was a broken ankle.

I guess the ankle was significant because it kept him out and although Kosar manned the fort for a few weeks, they never got back in the groove. Don't think we got far that year. But the toughness during that moment was my memory.
Oh here's one! Marino was chased and threw the ball, and I believe completed it against the Steelers. A rare Marino throw on the run, and I mean he eluded a couple of tavkles outside of the pocket, not in the phone booth like usual. So anyway, (Levon Kirkland?) drove him shoulder firts into the turf and Marino was mad. While lying there, with Kirkland starting to walk away, Marino Grabs him by the front of the jersey and pulls him down again (not off his feet, just bent him down so they were mask to mask. Apparently he was givinh him %&!* for the hit, but when asked later, Marino said, "I didn't really say anything ... I was too out of breath to talk!" :lol:
Still, one tough dude for a QB to pull Kirkland in and try to give him %&!*.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Donnie Jones laying out Rosco Parrish on a punt return. The great thing about it was he is a punter, the GREATER thing was, IT WAS THE BILLS! :)

yes that is exactly wat i was thinking

This might be so insignificant, I might remember wrong. I remember in 1994 we were playing the LA Raiders and Jeff Hostetler got in an argument with Art Shell. They were screaming at each other because Hostetler had changed the play that Shell had called in during the huddle. I think he was benched the rest of the game. There was a backlash too that Shell had called him a dumb white m*****f*****r, but it was just rumors. That was the same game that Bernie Parmalee ran for 150 yards and we won 20-17 in OT.

When Feeley bruised his tailbone durin a game and got a butt slap from Mckinney i belive.. The look and reaction on his face was priceless

Zach Thomas' first game ever -knocking a NE wide receiver unconscious - he hit him so hard the guy was out on his feet! Gad I love that!

My most memorable moment was a Dolphins/Jets game during the 80`s when the regular players were on strike. The Dolphins were strarting a QB that day by the name of Kyle Mackey.I was at that game at the Meadowlands because season ticket holders sold their tickets dirt cheap. Right after halftime the players were coming back onto the field followed by Don Shula. I leaned over the railing,reached out my hand and Shula walked over to me and shook my hand and said "thanks for coming out and supporting us". Its something i`ll never forget. I was never more proud to wear my dolphins colors than that moment.

I still remember years back tho can't remember the year in a game where Crash Jensen got a lateral pass from Dan and then he trew it in the end zone for a TD....It really didn't mean much cos we won that game easy but it was fun to see him do that since he always played so hard for us.

Ozzy rules!!

Here's one, though not insignificant to me...it sums up my motto in regards to bills fans.

clear.gif

Yes I like big hit in Thomas' first game, Cox's situation in Buffalo, and Feeley's *** smack. All great memories!

aww man i got alot.... probably one is when feidler broke his thumb and ray lucas came in at qb and barely beat the broncos.....btw lucas sucked.....

another time was when tony bua dropped his shoulder on 2 guys for a punt return....to bad he aint wit us anymore..:(

another time in 2003 was when brian griese came at qb cause fiedler got injured again and made the fins lose so many games to not make it to the playoffs....man:mad:

wannys 8-0 record just before he resigned to the fins

GETTING DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!! :koolbang:

How about Wes on kick offs , punt returns , kicking extra points , selling programs , parking cars , playing QB & throwing to himself & coaching one game?

A.C. said:
aww man i got alot.... probably one is when feidler broke his thumb and ray lucas came in at qb and barely beat the broncos.....btw lucas sucked.....

another time was when tony bua dropped his shoulder on 2 guys for a punt return....to bad he aint wit us anymore..:(

another time in 2003 was when brian griese came at qb cause fiedler got injured again and made the fins lose so many games to not make it to the playoffs....man:mad:

wannys 0-8 record just before he resigned to the fins

GETTING DAUNTE CULPEPPER!!!! :koolbang:

89 Miami at Dallas...Jimmy first year there, cowboys went 1-15. Miami was winning the game and running out the clock. Marino Handed off to Troy Stratford and he sweeps left, he broke off like a 35 yard run, the last 15 he was running backwards with 2 cowboys on his back. I have this game on tape....great game.

The Falcons player takin a leak behind the Gatorade table in the Super Bowl vs. The Broncos.

popularwar said:
We lost the Cincy game anyway, Marino's runs were hardly big plays, we would have won the Bills game even if Buckley handed the ball back to Bledsoe, and Ricky's run didn't win the game for us, Madison's last minute interception did.

Some guys are talking about Mare's winning field goal in Denver, that's not insignificant. That kick put us at 5-1 (I believe) and #1 in the AFC.

I was being sarcastic :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom