Greatest (Insignificant) Memory | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest (Insignificant) Memory

BeanGreen said:
I remember that exact moment too! But I'm almost positive it was Greg Lloyd (not Kirkland). My in-laws are from Pittsburgh and we got into an argument right then and there about whether it was a cheap shot or not and turned around to watch the replay and Marino was hanging onto his jersey looking like he wanted to kill him. Good times!! :D

you are correct...it was greg lloyd...it was a big deal because lloyd said during pregame he was going to get marino and show no mercy...he didn't care if he hurt him or not.

icephinfan said:
2004 season when Tony Bua went airborne and knocked out the Rams on the punt return, I remember the sideline of the Dolphins going nuts.:D

I remember that too that made Berman's top ten plays of the year and he gave both of thos guys concusions.

My favorite is the Gadsden running one handed catch that is the pic in my avatar.

raving said:
Zach Thomas' first game ever -knocking a NE wide receiver unconscious - he hit him so hard the guy was out on his feet! Gad I love that!

That play was great. It was on a reverse and for a rookie to not only stay home and cover his responsibility but to get out on the corner and make that hit...I knew we had someone special.

Years ago when Roby was our punter, he dropped the snap from center against the Falcons. He pitched the ball to an alert Jim Jensen who had some back to help him and Jensen threw the ball on the run to one of the gunners who took it to the one yard line. The play was called back because Roby's pitch was forward and there were two forward passes on the play. It sucked because it took the ball from the Falcon's one to our one. Yeah, spot penalty and loss of down...and 98 yard penalty (sorta). If I remember Roby was hurt on the play too.

heres mine....

it must have been 3 or 4 years ago... the last year that deon played in dallas..
anyway i was at the thanksgiving game.. and i remember deon had just come back from the turf toe injury....
anyway 2 things i will never forget.
Dan Marino had a personal assistant who kept him stretching and limber whenever dan was on the sideline... i remember thinking jeez thats what its like to be an old QB... they dont show that stuff on tv.
the other thing was Gadsden ran a stop and go on Deon and made primetime himself look slow... GADSDEN!... i leaned over to my wife and told her there that Deon was done.

edit:... it must have been longer ago... i think the years are starting to slip... :)

Hasta said:
That play was great. It was on a reverse and for a rookie to not only stay home and cover his responsibility but to get out on the corner and make that hit...I knew we had someone special.

Thanks for filling in the details of the play - now I can see the whole thing in my minds eye!

My 3 moments:

Bryan Cox giving the middle finger to the buffalo fans in Buffaol

Keith Byers making a snow angel on the sidelines after scoring a TD on thanksgiving day in Dallas

Nat moore going helicopter after being hit by two jets and still holding on to the ball

here's one. a few years back, cant remember who we played, but we were punting and we did a direct snap to Larry Izzo and he rumbled stumbled and most definetly bumbled for like 50 plus yards. it was pretty sweet, i think he fumbled at the end of the play though.

my 4 moments i wont ever forget

1. Oronde's catch in Westcoast avator
2. Patrick Surtains crazy interception 2 years ago against the raiders
3. In John Avery's rookie season i went to my first game and he as the KR and came so close to returning a Kickoff for a TD but the patriots kicker tackled him. At the time he was my favorite player
4. Cris Carter catching a pass on MNF against the packers. I just remmeber that cuz he is one of the best WRs ever and having him in the fins uniform for that half a year was great.

This may not mean much, but I remember a game the Dolphins at home, can't remember the opponent but it got so loud in the stadium the official had Coach Shula get on the microphone and ask the crowd to quiet down, well this only got the crowd louder. I remember because it was very loud the camera was shaking. Awesome.
If anyone remembers please fill in my blanks.

DeBergTB-1.jpg

Steve Deberg's bloody chin.

icephinfan said:
2004 season when Tony Bua went airborne and knocked out the Rams on the punt return, I remember the sideline of the Dolphins going nuts.:D

How did I forget the Bua hit?

I'm a huge Razorbacks fan and Bua was my favorite player on the Hogs. To see him play for the Phins and to make that hit was great. He played with more heart than anyone I've ever seen, maybe even moreso than Zach.

A monday nighter can't remember the date ... John Offerdahl broke Bernie Kosars leg in the first quarter and caused him to miss the rest of the season.... WHAT A HIT ..... ALSO IN THE SAME GAME MARK DUPER HAULED IN A SWEET 40 OR 50 YARD td THAT WAS IN THE END ZONE ON THE MONEY !!!!!!!! ... MAN I LOVE BEING A DOLFAN ....

Back
Top Bottom