Greatest Play In Dolphin History??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Play In Dolphin History???

Yes. Yes it is. It eclipsed Wake’s wake off safety against Cincy for me.

That play was something that should have never happened. The Dolphins should have won that game easily and somehow they let the Bengals back in through their own ineptitude. Then they failed to win it with offense despite ample opportunity. That Wake sack wasn't a moment of exultation for me, it was simply surviving Philbin-era ineptitude.

One of the best if not the best Dolphins moments ever...also, this lifted the whole team up , will probably bond them even closer together and they can live off that high for the rest of this season.

One of the best if not the best Dolphins moments ever...also, this lifted the whole team up , will probably bond them even closer together and they can live off that high for the rest of this season.

I wish that worked but I remember when Michael Thomas had an inexplicable pick of Brady to end an emotional game in 2013 and we thought we'd have ample shot to make the playoffs only needing to beat one of two lesser opponents. We were flat the rest of the season.

Great win but next week is another game.

Danny Amendola on Miracle in Miami: “I’ve never seen anything like that in my entire life. It was f—— crazy.”

Bobby McCain said after the game: “Thank God for Kenyan Drake.”

I think I was really mad at DeVante (Parker) at one point because I thought he had a chance to turn and run but he made a good decision,” Gase said. “Those guys executed as well as you could with bodies around. I mean, when we practice that stuff, it’s usually on air and you don’t really know how it’s going to turn out. So those guys did a good job of slowing themselves down and doing the right things as far as pitching when they needed to pitch and then Kenyan (Drake) realized that he had a lane and took it.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dolphi...lphins-play-that-will-live-on-in-history/amp/

Ted Larsen takes a lot of flak around here but he got his butt downfield and made a key block to help that happen.

I definitely noticed that and it's some freaking hustle to be available. That really sprung the whole thing.

I wish that worked but I remember when Michael Thomas had an inexplicable pick of Brady to end an emotional game in 2013 and we thought we'd have ample shot to make the playoffs only needing to beat one of two lesser opponents. We were flat the rest of the season.

Great win but next week is another game.

I know....but I'm still in my "we won by a miracle" boozed filled high and all is right with the world.

Here it is to watch and rewatch, and re rewatch (and so on):

Last edited:
Definitely the most unlikely play in franchise history. I've seen almost all of them, although 1966 is fuzzy which probably makes sense because I was 7 years old.

It was awkward for a few of us because I was invited to watch the game at the house of a guy who sits next to me at Canes games. There were 5 of us there, 4 rooting for the Dolphins but the host had a teaser on New England -1.5 points.

Ouch. You can just imagine how the ending of the game played out, while 4 of us are cheering in disbelief and he's in disbelief in the opposite direction. I really couldn't react the way I wanted to, given that backdrop. For one thing, my tummy was full of his wife's cooking.

Fortunately he's a veteran gambler and handled it as well as could be expected: "Just add it to the list (of bad beats)."

All of us agreed it had to be the worst defensed play in NFL history. One Patriot after another was incredibly passive. Once Van Noy missed the tackle everyone else either backpeddaled or wandered or stumbled.

I'll always insist the most meaningful play in Dolphins history was the deep crossing pattern from Morrall to Warfield in the middle of the 4th quarter in the opening round 1972 playoff game hosting Cleveland. The offense was doing nothing and we were in dire jeopardy of an incredibly embarrassing defeat that would define the franchise to this day. The Orange Bowl crowd was silent and stunned until that play, on a dreary gray overcast day. Then it was a surreal jolt of energy and Kiick scored the winning touchdown a handful of plays later.

Along with the Dick Anderson play, another one from the glory era was Yepremian's field goal to defeat the Chiefs in the legendary double overtime game on Christmas Day. It was so incredible when that game finally ended, and in our favor after the Chiefs had some many opportunities to put it away.

Back
Top Bottom