Greatest Play In Dolphin History??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Play In Dolphin History???

My top few in recent memory are 1) this one, 2) Dallas FG snow game, and 3) Wake safety in end zone during OT. 1 and 2 are both amazing because there was no hope of winning without a miracle. They were both miracles.

Your 2 was the start of my findom.

Got to be one of the greatest moments, if not the greatest one I've seen.

Just watched the Steelers and Raiders, and the Steelers nearly pulled it off with a lateral pass of their own. Their kicker missed the kick.

Anyone know why we don't see more lateral passes attempted outside of the death when game changing plays can occur?

Got to be one of the greatest moments, if not the greatest one I've seen.

Just watched the Steelers and Raiders, and the Steelers nearly pulled it off with a lateral pass of their own. Their kicker missed the kick.

Anyone know why we don't see more lateral passes attempted outside of the death when game changing plays can occur?

Because they are a terrific recipe for fumbles and the risk/reward simply isn't worth it except in situations where the risk doesn't matter because you'll lose anyway.

Because they are a terrific recipe for fumbles and the risk/reward simply isn't worth it except in situations where the risk doesn't matter because you'll lose anyway.

If it's practised and well executed, there's a potential for it to be game changing play like it was for us and the Steelers. Obviously it's a risky play and one of those things that will only come off once in a while like it did for us and the Steelers, but teams go for it on 4th down, attempt fake punts, and all that. Are those riskier than lateral passes?

We've seen teams go for it on 4th down and not be in a do or die situation. There's a lot of risk to that, but some coaches don't bat an eye at going for it and getting their QB to air the ball out.

Like you say, risk/reward. I'm surprised more don't try it when looking to catch a defense off guard.

I'm gonna go with Cleo Lemon to Greg Camarillo in OT against the Ravens to save Miami from going 0-16, that was the only other time I literally collapsed to the floor in disbelief and relief.

Think of the points the Pat's left on the field today, too. Missed extra point plus Brady taking a dumb sack at end of 1st half (that's at least 4 points that were in their back pocket that they messed up and didn't get).

Then you think of the dumb, perhaps ****y, decision by belichick to have gronk play safety on the final play of the game.

Then you have all the RT haters eating delicious crow after he just balled out, and it's not even disputable.

It just feels like the stars aligned and the fins found a way to pull it out, regardless of adversity, and RT shined while leading us to victory over the cheatriots.

Wow... the miracle in Miami.

I’ve seen em all since 1970....dick Anderson td return vs colts, spike play, hook and ladder....but this takes the cake

Back
Top Bottom