Greatest Play In Dolphin History??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Play In Dolphin History???

I'll always be partial to this, from our first AFC Championship Game, it took about 8 separate blocks to make this happen...

This ranks as the most exciting to me because it was afc championship game. Listening on the radio cause the game was locally blacked out. But this one is in the lead tonite

Definitely the most unlikely play in franchise history. I've seen almost all of them, although 1966 is fuzzy which probably makes sense because I was 7 years old.

It was awkward for a few of us because I was invited to watch the game at the house of a guy who sits next to me at Canes games. There were 5 of us there, 4 rooting for the Dolphins but the host had a teaser on New England -1.5 points.

Ouch. You can just imagine how the ending of the game played out, while 4 of us are cheering in disbelief and he's in disbelief in the opposite direction. I really couldn't react the way I wanted to, given that backdrop. For one thing, my tummy was full of his wife's cooking.

Fortunately he's a veteran gambler and handled it as well as could be expected: "Just add it to the list (of bad beats)."

All of us agreed it had to be the worst defensed play in NFL history. One Patriot after another was incredibly passive. Once Van Noy missed the tackle everyone else either backpeddaled or wandered or stumbled.

I'll always insist the most meaningful play in Dolphins history was the deep crossing pattern from Morrall to Warfield in the middle of the 4th quarter in the opening round 1972 playoff game hosting Cleveland. The offense was doing nothing and we were in dire jeopardy of an incredibly embarrassing defeat that would define the franchise to this day. The Orange Bowl crowd was silent and stunned until that play, on a dreary gray overcast day. Then it was a surreal jolt of energy and Kiick scored the winning touchdown a handful of plays later.

Along with the Dick Anderson play, another one from the glory era was Yepremian's field goal to defeat the Chiefs in the legendary double overtime game on Christmas Day. It was so incredible when that game finally ended, and in our favor after the Chiefs had some many opportunities to put it away.
You’re an old fart like me, our memories are in synch, Seiple fake punt has a place too

Tied with Fake spike

I think the fake spike was probably just as memorable, but i think this is "greater" due to this sheer unlikelyhood. I was watching the fake spike game and it felt like another Marino comeback. I expected that score, just not the way it happened!

I think the fake spike was probably just as memorable, but i think this is "greater" due to this sheer unlikelyhood. I was watching the fake spike game and it felt like another Marino comeback. I expected that score, just not the way it happened!
todays play will stick with us a long time, weve been thru alot as fans of this team thru the years, were not used to getting these kinds of miracles...if anything were the ones to have it happen against us not for us but it was great to see and i mustve watched the replay on loop over 100 times already

"The play kind of got messed up," quarterback Ryan Tannehill said. "I saw Kenyan there, I said [to Parker] "pitch it! pitch it! He pitches it, Kenyan came back inside. ... Then I saw him and [Rob Gronkowski] about 10 yards away. I said, 'Gronk's on the field? We got this!' So, yeah, it was pretty amazing. I was following behind and I actually just turned around and collapsed just with the emotion of the whole thing."

The best part was when the camera showed the pats sideline a full minute after it was over and Brady hasn't moved and was still standing there with that "there has to be a flag. . we're the freaking patriots, we couldn't have just lost" look. He couldn't accept it was over.
Best part of all of it for me.

The best part was when the camera showed the pats sideline a full minute after it was over and Brady hasn't moved and was still standing there with that "there has to be a flag. . we're the freaking patriots, we couldn't have just lost" look. He couldn't accept it was over.
Best part of all of it for me.

I think I missed that while jumping around like a jackass, explaining play to wife, etc, will need to rewatch...but yeah he's been trained to expect a flag after all these years. Like pavlov's dog.

I think the best image I have is Tannehill just falling back and laying there, basking in amazement. Great sight to see. A big part of why I get so vested into sports is for the individual stories, and seeing a guy like Tannehill, who has dealt with and taken on ton of ****, enjoy that moment was immensely satisfying.

It's close.

But the Gronk faceplant at the end pushes it over the top, to make it the #1 greatest play in Dolphins history.

All I know I give Parker credit for not screwing this play up and giving a perfect lateral to Drake. Amazing play. That spike play is overrated in my opinion. Duper Clayton hook ladder was way better. Sent chills in me when it happened.

All I know I give Parker credit for not screwing this play up and giving a perfect lateral to Drake. Amazing play. That spike play is overrated in my opinion. Duper Clayton hook ladder was way better. Sent chills in me when it happened.

Yeah but DVP still refused to block on the play lol. I don’t think it was Duper and Clayton on that hook and ladder either it was Harris and Nathan

I think this has to be the greatest ending to a Fins game in history. We have had some great ones in our history, but with no time on the clock and this being a walk off TD....along with how it was done clinches it for me. I have been a Fins fan since 1970 and have seen most of the great plays.....this is definitely one of them....and to end a game, this is the one.

Also, I like that the play was named "Boise" after their 2007 Fiesta Bowl win. If you haven't seen the last 5 minutes of that game, go on YouTube and look it up. Best 5 minutes of college football I have ever seen by Boise.

Edit: Link to the Fiesta Bowl plays

Last edited:
I think this has to be the greatest ending to a Fins game in history. We have had some great ones in our history, but with no time on the clock and this being a walk off TD....along with how it was done clinches it for me. I have been a Fins fan since 1970 and have seen most of the great plays.....this is definitely one of them....and to end a game, this is the one.

Also, I like that the play was named "Boise" after their 2007 Fiesta Bowl win. If you haven't seen the last 5 minutes of that game, go on YouTube and look it up. Best 5 minutes of college football I have ever seen by Boise.

Edit: Link to the Fiesta Bowl plays

Nah, I think the greatest ending to a Dolphins game was the Leon Lett blunder on Thanksgiving Day. Just to see the joy of victory give way to the agony of defeat on Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson's face was probably the most memorable for me.

Back
Top Bottom