Greg Cote=Ronnie Hater | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cote=Ronnie Hater

dolfreak said:
Greg Cote is dying to see Ronnie Brown fail as a Miami Dolphin. Ronnie has been a Miami Dolphin for about a week and we've already seen Cote write an article about why Braylon was the better choice, that Ronnie's a "Buick," and that he's nothing compared to Ricky. Cote and the Miami Herald are the biggest Haters i've ever seen!!! I'm not going to read Cote anymore, i lost all respect for him. He doesn't realize we're in Miami and we want to see a positive attitude with the Fins, not this "Braylon" would have had more of an impact and Ronnie Brown is a Buick CRAP!!!!!

Just look at this Negativity:

April 24
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/columnists/greg_cote/11475961.htm
May 1st
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11536719.htm

He's just mad because Ronnie has a nicer *** than him.
:wink:

FiN.in.RI said:
Wow, there are a lot of pissers in the miami sports media circle aren't there.
It's all about the Benjamins. Whatever grabs the most people's attention is what's good for the bottomline, and right now, coming out with negativity against what most fans are considering the savior of this franchise (Saban, and any of his decisons) is the ticket to attention city.

inFINSible said:
It's all about the Benjamins. Whatever grabs the most people's attention is what's good for the bottomline, and right now, coming out with negativity against what most fans are considering the savior of this franchise (Saban, and any of his decisons) is the ticket to attention city.

Yea you're right and it happens everywhere.. unfair judgement by me, really.

Well he is allowed to have his own opinion even if we don't agree with what he says. I think we should all send him a 10 foot Hallmark Card with a big F YOU on the inside....

This is completely inevitable. I warned about it several weeks ago. Anyone who is praising Saban's attititude toward the media is completely off base, and completely ignorant of the types of articles it will lead to. I'm not a Greg Cote fan, primarily because he forces humor that doesn't work and he devotes far too much time to the NFL in comparison to other sports. His columns on college football or college football players are predictably lame because he simply doesn't follow the sport closely, and relies on comments from others.

Cynical columnists and reporters, like Cote, are going to freelance and spin negative like never before when presented with an attitude like Saban's. He's never going to try to befriend a reporter or provide easy access or a quick smile. I'm afraid Nick Saban will find that plays much differently in Miami, Florida than East Lansing or Baton Rouge.

Then these folks are pushing an agenda; admitted?

BTW, letting the gypsies run the palace sure helped Wanny out a lot, didn't it?

Greg Cote is one of the main Sports Writers for the Miami Herald....he's horrible and he hates the Fins even though he's being paid by the newspaper to write about the Fins.

I love it how in the article, when he is talking about dolphins fans he uses words like "us". We all know you don't like the dolphins Cote, so give it up already. Wasn't it him who was high fiving Salguero a couple years ago when we lost? What a prick.

Proof of the pudding ... "even though he's being paid by the newspaper to write about the Fins."

The herald's dictionary doesn't contain the meanings of "responsibility" or "honorable journalistic values".

Hey Miami Herald ! ... Guess what ? ... You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $#%t.

Maybe H. Wayne should buy the Herald ?

LOL

nawwwww

I dont really think these articles were as negative as posters are saying. He said he would have rather had Edwards--a lot of posters said the same before the draft. He's not alone in thinking Edwards was a better player, a ton of scouts and fans thought so too. Im not big on Edwards but a lot of people were.
Taking a guy that was #2 with the on the depth chart on his college team #2 overall is unique, its something I cannot remember seeing before. A lot of people had Brown rated higher than Williams because of combine showings but before that it was at least even or Williams was ahead.
He's right in saying that this pick will define Saban's tenure here. This is the highest pick we will likely have (hopefully) for a long time. If it craps out the chances of Saban turning this franchise around are very slim.
There is a terrible history of running backs here in Miami, no one needs to be reminded of the Sammie Smiths. Basically any 1st round pick at the Rb position has self destructed or been a terrific bust. Not saying Brown will not work out but it does make you a little nervous.
The guy is being extremely skeptical, I dont see it as being all that negative just speculating thats all. The Herald is pretty bad. I cannot stand Lebatard at all. When he wrote those pieces apologizing for and spinning for Ricky I lost respect for him as a journalist. Obviously he was sticking up for a friend, not looking objectively. Ricky quit and he handed this team a raw deal. No one can really argue this but he apparently did.
The writer is boring and a little stupid but I didnt see this stuff as being that negative. Just kind of stupid.

Did you ever get to read the article before Zo officially signed back with the Heat in which Cote wrote that ZO would have no presence and would be a disruption in the locker room......ever since then, he has never written again about ZO....Cote's pathetic

IMO some of you are making something out of nothing. It may be that the online version of the Herald doesn't make it quite so clear, but Cote is a columnist. Most newspapers' sports departments have reporters who report facts and do interviews; but they also have columnists who write opinion pieces. It is Cote's job to do just that. Cote, like other columnists will choose a subject and a view of that subject and hope that what he writes is thought provoking. One more thing; it's not a journalist's job to be a fan of the team(s) he/she writes about. It's our job to be the fan.

I understand it's Cote's job to be controversial....but then again HOW MANY NEGATIVE ARTICLES CAN YOU WRITE IN A 2 WEEK SPAN???? Cote's an A**H0Le

Back
Top Bottom