Greg Cote=Ronnie Hater | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greg Cote=Ronnie Hater

dolfreak said:
I understand it's Cote's job to be controversial....but then again HOW MANY NEGATIVE ARTICLES CAN YOU WRITE IN A 2 WEEK SPAN???? Cote's an A**H0Le

Yea, I see your point there. I remember that Pat Riley called him an idiot a couple of years ago and has stopped granting him interviews. I haven't seen him write a constructive opinion article yet.

DId u guys ever get to read his article on ZO and why he shouldn't come back to the Heat at all????

dolfreak said:
DId u guys ever get to read his article on ZO and why he shouldn't come back to the Heat at all????

No, but if he did write that, then his royal idiot self is confirmed. :D

Well, I think it sucks that he's so negative but at the same time its good to be objective and see some of his points. After all its true that we gave Ronnie so much money and he hasn't even showed us what he can do on the field against other opponents yet. I agree Cole is very negative but sometimes you have to look at the other side of the coin. We will all see come Aug/Sept how good/bad Ronnie will be.

dolfreak said:

I wanted to Post the ZO article but on the Miami Herald website you have to pay 2.95 for any article over a month old !!! RIPOFF!!!!! the Headline of the article is Fossil Fuel Fuels Heat

he's an idiot, wait until I become a sportswriter! I won't write nonsense

Muck said:
Right above the title of both articles, it says.....

"IN MY OPINION"

How was that not understood?

I have only seen ppl saying he thinks Ronnie was the wrong pick, and that ppl thinks he hates the Dolphins.

We understand he doesn't like the pick and he prob does not like the ppl who are running the Dolphins right now.

Muck said:
I don't necessarily disagree. I just want it to be known that he's not conveying it as gospel.

OK now I'm even more confused.

hes right imo...Ronnie is a physical specimin ...but there are alot of those in the NFL. Ronnie did great at the combine but the combine doesnt transfer to the field necessarily...i dont doubt hes a good player, but not worth the pick at #2 and will come nothing close to how good ricky was as a starter in the NFL...
God let me be wrong! GO FINS!

nick19991 said:
he's an idiot, wait until I become a sportswriter! I won't write nonsense

The problem with people in the media is that you can smell the bias a mile away and it never changes. People can see your true colors. Whether you are kissing butt like buffalo media are kissing their vaunted 2nd round pick as a superstart already or some miami media jerk shows his dislike for Saban. It shows your writing an opinion based on your personal bias as a person and not anything relevant to your audience. If people would just give an honest assesment of what they see and not what they wish to see they would be better writers. I mean you have a guy putting down Saban over using war analogies and then others just dont like him period and they let it be known.

Bad writing is all it comes down to. I dont buy the local paper here cus they dont write, they just spout personal political groupy BS.

Sorry to bring this one back up. I wrote Greg Cote after the article was written. I told him to stop high fiving his buddies and trying to pissing on everything the Dolphins do.
I got a response back from him today, his response:

"Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. I was giving my buddy the high five."

I just find it sad that it will be hard to find an unbiased opinion on the Dolphins from now on because Saban's policies don't jibe with the media's agenda of free access free information about everything everyone everywhere every time. In competitive football, where there are not very good standards set by the league on media relations, allowing that kind of access is a disadvantage.

The problem with the media's stance on this is that I have not seen or noticed much lack of intrigue or entertainment! I still see alllll kinds of articles on draft intrigue, I still see interviews with players after these "OTAs" and minicamps, and I'll be danged if Saban isn't making statements or fielding questions more often than Wannstedt was. So what don't you see? You don't see leaks from within the staff where the reporter takes it for truth while it was only a possibility to begin with, you don't see badmouthing going on behind the head coaches back among the players or the staff, you don't see GOSSIP. Have the media really become such gossip queens that they think this will severely damage the football product that is being delivered to dolphin fans?

What I also find to be sad is that the dolphin fans are not agreeing at all with the writers. How long before Dolphins fans get tired of reading these guys' negativity and bias, and the paper decides to find someone who dolphins fans actually LIKE reading? In the end, these guys are putting themselves in a position where they either grow up, or they are forced to hope that Saban fails. Dolphin fans are not taking the bait, I've been hard pressed to find a single fan who feels bad for the media and hates Saban's media policies.

Back
Top Bottom