Grier And Ross On Tannehill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier And Ross On Tannehill

You stop with that passive aggressive womens tee talk and maybe we can get somewhere. It seems to be your go to move.

You keep wanting to throw some damn qb eval of yours in my face for reasons I have no damn idea. Miami wasn’t even in the qb market when mahomes came out so why would I evaluate damn QBs then? Everything I have done has always been with Miami in mind.

It would have been a waste of time. They had their qb at that time. Their actions said as mucb and on tape at that point assuming his acl was gonna be a go they had no reason to.

So when you keep trying to throw this stuff in my face cause you think you got something right you barking at the wrong tree. And the guys I did have high draft targets for Miami in that class all balled out as pros.

If you want to get after me for my qb evals in tbe 18 class feel free cause even though I was very confident Miami wasn’t in that market that’s the first one under the Tannehill era that I actually thought Miami might be in tbe qb top pick draft market potentially and I studied them in some depth even. More due to medical than anything else. And guess what? Their actions said it again.

Rosen was a primary Miami pick target for me in that class. Yep he was. Over anything else even cause qb trumps all. But in terms of my qb board going into that draft I had mayfield 4th. Right now that looks like a whiff but I’ve been doing this long enough to know what usually gets drafted #1 overall and it’s not 6 foot and 4.8 from the big 12 but I learned a lesson in 18 in that the prototype and college pro style isn’t where the games at right now. That’s why I had Darnold (intangibles and demeanor) and rosen (scheme fit) and josh Allen (prototype and ceiling) even over mayfield. And guess what so did slimm.

As for this Tremaine Edmunds stuff I could care less what your perceived slight on my end was. You barely even registered with me then. You didn’t seem to understand that prototype size and speed and poa play at lb with hip fluidity and 3 down range and ability is always worth a top 15 pick even if the player ceiling is 2 years away and the instincts in terms of mike ask were a work in progress. That’s on you I don’t care now any more than I cared then. That poa play is rare as it gets with that size and 3 down range and fluidity.

What I don’t like is when you carry yourself as something and don’t play you do despite this poor me crap you pass off and then when you do come out and say something you don’t have tbe imo ability if I’m being honest or nuts to actually back up your analysis with presented to you gif opportunity.

In that regard you are no different than a lot of the loud mouth no action posters on this site.
Blah blah blah..didn’t finish...

I’m just giving my opinion, sorry you can’t deal with it..

Last edited:
Because it is an article about our owner and GM and their thoughts on the past with Ryan. If this goes bananas again it will be moved to the locker.

Tannehill threads which are unrelated to the Dolphins will be immediately moved to the NFL Forum.

Why is Tannehill still a topic/target on the main forum?

So somebody can say he wasn't A-B-C, to be countered by, "But he was A-B-C-D...and ELEMENOPEE!"

Followed by "mature" posters telling people that it's Miami Dolphins news so it can be there...well so is the 27,000 lbs coke seizure in Miami Beach that our former o-line coach was quite possibly the beneficiary of.

The thread is Dolphins related...but Stevie Wonder could see it was going to turn into a pissing contest.

Last edited:
They fell in love with fools gold over and over again.

What bothers me most of all is the insistence on never bringing anybody that could remotely challenge Tannehill. All they did was look the other way and rub tea tree oil over their chests at his 3 highlight throws a game.

Matt Moore was on the team and had played pretty well in 2011 and pretty darn good when needed in 2016, playing big game football when it was needed to win a playoff spot, something Tannehill never did despite a chance nearly every season of his career. It wasn't for lack of a viable option (at least in the short term, but how many teams have two potential QB's of the future on the roster?) , it was that he was always just good enough to not be benched and the team didn't want to get rid of him.

How many times did the script for a season go like this:
1. Early season ups and downs
2. Mass talk about a benching, sometimes from the HC themselves
3. Tannehill has a streak of resurgent football that gets us very relevant in the playoff race, sometimes as a clearcut frontrunner for wild card spot
4. Tannehill and the offense fall flat on their face in key games and we bow out of the playoff race

The team never pulled the plug after #2, and they rested their hopes on #3 when going into the next season. 2016, the one year we made the playoffs, he got injured during #3 and wasn't around to perform #4.

When we overdrafted Tannehill I had this premonition that the Dolphins, like my dad's favorite team and my second favorite the Bears, would be saddled with a QB never quite bad enough to lose his job for years and years (the Dolphins version of Jay Cutler). And boy was I right.

We dont speak the "T-word" in this household any longer. Let's keep it classy.

This is true.

Most of them didn’t go anywhere else at all. MOST of them couldn’t find jobs anywhere else.

Not true...

Pouncey, Incognito, Jerry, Turner, Bushrod found work

Long would have found work if his body didn't break down. Albert found work...just quit.

And definitive statements like that are why neither side can get along.

Blaming him for everything vs. Absolving him from everything. There rarely is a middle ground.

Fact is we have shuffled pieces all over the offense, except him, and never got more than 8 wins. It's time to shuffle him . . . And both Ross and Grier see that.

I'm glad to see your as smart as Ross and Grier.

I liked Tannehill, defended him many times and generally thought he could be a good QB......but it was clearly time to move on. Glad to see Grier and Ross speaking well of him and be classy about the change.

Ryan was good at times.....and bad at times.....(kind of like watching Phil Mikelson play golf, makes the hard shots look easy and made the easy shots look hard) but always appreciated his effort and attitude during his time as a Dolphin.

Also, the idea that he has acceptable offensive lines during his tenure is absurd. The few linemen who went to other teams doesn't come close to justifying the abysmal line play we have seen over these last 6-7 years. That doesn't explain or excuse the lack of quality performance from the QB position, but no question it is a limited factor.

If only Tannehill had the chance to play in a big game to clinch a playoff birth or something like that, then we would really know what he is made of. Too bad he never got that chance, we may have this same argument forever.

It almost sounds like this isn't sarcasm! But yeah, this year when he came back from injury, he could have started his legend. He didnt!

What bothers me most of all is the insistence on never bringing anybody that could remotely challenge Tannehill. All they did was look the other way and rub tea tree oil over their chests at his 3 highlight throws a game.

If you knew ANYTHING about Ryan Tannehill, complacency was NEVER a problem with him. He is a tough-minded, gritty, hard-working QB who is his own harshest critic. No backup will ever set a bar higher than RT will for himself.

If you mean though they shouldve brought in a guy that could be developed to actually replace him, I think this shows how rare it is to find starting quality qbs. Most teams dont have heir apparents waiting in the wings. Though most try.

If you knew ANYTHING about Ryan Tannehill, complacency was NEVER a problem with him. He is a tough-minded, gritty, hard-working QB who is his own harshest critic. No backup will ever set a bar higher than RT will for himself.

If you mean though they shouldve brought in a guy that could be developed to actually replace him, I think this shows how rare it is to find starting quality qbs. Most teams dont have heir apparents waiting in the wings. Though most try.
43ebf671-b605-4e5e-8097-7773de1d4de5-gif.20243

Attachments

• 43EBF671-B605-4E5E-8097-7773DE1D4DE5.gif
    43EBF671-B605-4E5E-8097-7773DE1D4DE5.gif
    570.2 KB · Views: 42
I think we should just start and sticky a super tannehill thread so we can follow him the rest of his career. I know for sure there will be some posters making a thread the day Tannehill starts again and plays well/bad or tannehillish (Mediocre).

I think we should just start and sticky a super tannehill thread so we can follow him the rest of his career. I know for sure there will be some posters making a thread the day Tannehill starts again and plays well/bad or tannehillish (Mediocre).

I think it's a good idea- perhaps in the "rest of NFL" forum or whatever it's called. Maybe doesn't need to be a sticky but i'll be interested to see where his career goes. Heck, if it's anything worth following, we probably won't need a thread because he'll actually be in the news.

Back
Top Bottom