Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!!

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Our team had little to work with for this off-season in draft picks and cap space. Yet, we add a top off ball LB which Fangio really needed and a top CB in FA along with A 1st round talent CB and a perfect fit McD RB for Mostert with only 4 picks. They continue to add pieces off available talent and are not done yet.

NFL and others rank top off seasons on results. I do so on results with what you had to work with. Our guys have done REALLY well.

Our team had little to work with for this off-season in draft picks and cap space. Yet, we add a top off ball LB which Fangio really needed and a top CB in FA along with A 1st round talent CB and a perfect fit McD RB for Mostert with only 4 picks. They continue to add pieces off available talent and are not done yet.

NFL and others rank top off seasons on results. I do so on results with what you had to work with. Our guys have done REALLY well.
Yep! Wait until they snag Cook!

Adding Fangio in itself is part of the success.

It will be very interesting to see how many "fans" who bitched & moaned about our GM and coaches now come forward to praise them.
Oh none will. They will state that the outcome on the field needs to prove it. Then they will be less and less vocal about it exponentially. Most of them only have two speeds. 1. Chicken little cry closet. 2. Cower and fake amnesia. These are the same people that think they earn a bigger and shinier badge for each year of time served since Marino retired. They like blanket statements like "we suck" "Grier sucks" "Tua sucks" and other creative heaping helpings of hyperbole.

If anyone read this and got offended; good.

It’s nice to see all groups—Executive, Operations, Coaching, Players—working together in harmony. They trust and respect each other, and communicate very well.

Dolphins decisions now are logical, not desperate, and trace towards an over-arching plan.

With the talent we have spread around this roster, we don't even need our offensive line to be good. We just need them to be good enough.

With the talent we have spread around this roster, we don't even need our offensive line to be good. We just need them to be good enough.

sick john cho GIF by HULU

As with the others, I am excited about our team and think we made great strides this off-season. However, I can't agree with you here. I would like to see our OL take the next step (or two) so we get away from barely managing the chaos to imposing our will and dominating the defense. Imagine the damage Tua could do if he had more time to throw and a strong rushing attack game after game.

Last edited:
According to Mike Clay, we have the #1 best CB room in the NFL, the#4 best interior defensive line in the NFL, and the #6 best edge rushers in the NFL.

And we have a potential All Pro at safety, and two rock solid starters at ILB.

Not too shabby.
There's no question in my mind that the talent is there. If Miami can avoid injuries, or more specifically be on the right side of injuries, this team could go a long way.

Looking at the schedule, there are really only two teams (KC and Philadelphia) who I think are better than the Dolphins. A lot are on par, but this Miami team is very talented.

To the OP's point, I think you could argue that every position group is better on paper.
Agreed. Its wild the only position you can argue is TE. Id say we downgraded, but it's a huge question mark with the tweeners we've got.

Otherwise you're exactly right. Thats nuts considering it didnt feel like a huge free agency for us - but that really speaks to the strategy that Grier employed. Much better than the MASSIVE HUGE DEALS for 3 players. Instead get a ton of talent at various positions.

Back
Top Bottom