Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier, McD & Fangio are Doing a Great Job!!!

Agreed. Its wild the only position you can argue is TE. Id say we downgraded, but it's a huge question mark with the tweeners we've got.

Otherwise you're exactly right. Thats nuts considering it didnt feel like a huge free agency for us - but that really speaks to the strategy that Grier employed. Much better than the MASSIVE HUGE DEALS for 3 players. Instead get a ton of talent at various positions.
The downside is Grier did bring in some players with a history of injury. But it's an obvious gamble that could pay off. Long would not be a Dolphin if he had been an iron man throughout his career, as he would have cashed in with a big contract. He's someone who could be huge for this team. The two recent signings on the offensive line are also players coming off injury. I get that strategy, though, considering Miami didn't have a lot of cap space to work with. Grier is rolling the dice a little there.

I also love that Miami brought so many players back, including the entire running back room. And then added Achane to that unit.

As to tight end, I think the blocking from that group will be better. Never know with Higgins or Connor how fast they can develop. McDaniel must like Connor because he kept him on the active roster all year. Hill is kind of intriguing as well. I think he's a good PS candidate.

Miami started the off season with $30MM in cap space and needs at RT, TE, RB, LB, and DB.

To dateā€¦
ā€”37 new players added
ā€”20 players resigned
ā€”22 players dropped
ā€”2 contracts extended (Smythe), (Tua, 5th Y/O)
ā€”Added premier DC (Fangio), plus 6 other new coaches

Rumored remaining pursuits: Dalvin Cook (RB), Cam Fleming (OT, UFA)

Rumored contract extensions: Christian Wilkins, Zach Seiler, Conner Williams, Robert Hunt

ā€Boldā€ means likely ā€˜23 starter:
[+] 37 Added (via Trade, Draft, UFA, UDFA):
ā€”Jalen Ramsey (CB)
, David Long (LB), Cam Smith (CB), Devon Achane (RB), Elijah Higgins (TE), Ryan Hayes (OT), Mike White (QB), Braxton Berrios (WR/KR), DeShon Elliott (SS), Eric Saubert (TE), Malik Reed (DE), Dan Feeney (C/G), Matt Bailey (P), Chosen Anderson (WR), Tyler Kroft (TE), Isaiah Wynn (OL), Cedric Ogbuehi (OT), Freddie Swain (WR), Bryce Thompson (CB), 21 UDFAs (3 since released).

[+] 20 Resigned:
ā€”Raheem Mostert (RB),
Andrew Van Ginkel (LB), Jeff Wilson (RB), Myles Gaskin (RB), Salvon Ahmed (RB), Nik Needham (CB), Justin Bethel (CB), River Cracraft (WR), Duke Riley (LB), Kendall Lamm (OT), Geron Christian (OL), John Lovett (FB), Elijah Campbell (DB), Josiah Bronson (DT), Lester Cotton (OL), Tino Ellis (CB), Cameron Goode (LB), Braylon Sanders (WR), Kion Smith (OT), Jaylen Twyman (DT)

[-] 22 Dropped:
ā€”
Mike Gesicki (TE), Trent Sherfield (WR), Byron Jones (CB, IR, post-June 1st), Cethan Carter (TE, IR), Teddy Bridgewater (QB), Melvin Ingram (DE), Eric Fisher (OT, IR), Sam Equavoen (LB), Clayton Fejedelem (S), Greg Little (OT), Brandon Shell (OT), Trey Flowers (DE, IR), Adam Shaheen (TE, IR), Thomas Morstead (P), Elandon Roberts (LB), Eric Rowe (DB), John Jenkins (DL), Justin Zimmer (DT, IR), Hunter Long (TE), Porter Gustin (DL, IR), Brennon Scarlett (DE), Mike Glennon ( QB)

Last edited:
Agreed. Its wild the only position you can argue is TE. Id say we downgraded, but it's a huge question mark with the tweeners we've got.

Otherwise you're exactly right. Thats nuts considering it didnt feel like a huge free agency for us - but that really speaks to the strategy that Grier employed. Much better than the MASSIVE HUGE DEALS for 3 players. Instead get a ton of talent at various positions.

Iā€™d say getting rid of Gesicki is an upgrade.

Miami started the off season with $30MM in cap space and needs at RT, TE, RB, LB, and DB.

To dateā€¦
ā€”36 new players added
ā€”14 players resigned
ā€”14 players dropped
ā€”2 contracts extended (Smythe), (Tua, 5th Y/O)
ā€”Added premier DC (Fangio), plus 6 other new coaches

Rumored remaining pursuits: Dalvin Cook (RB), Cam Fleming (OT, UFA)

Rumored contract extensions: Christian Wilkins, Zach Seiler, Conner Williams, Robert Hunt

ā€Boldā€ means likely ā€˜23 starter:
[+] Added: Jalen Ramsey (CB), David Long (LB), Cam Smith (CB), Devon Achane (RB), Elijah Higgins (TE), Ryan Hayes (OT), Mike White (QB), Braxton Berrios (WR/KR), DeShon Elliott (SS), Eric Saubert (TE), Malik Reed (DE), Dan Feeney (C/G), Matt Bailey (P), Chosen Anderson (WR), Tyler Kroft (TE), Isaiah Winn (OL), Cedric Ogbuehi (OT), Bryce Thompson (CB), 21 UDFAs (3 since released).

[+] Resigned: Raheem Morestead (RB), Andrew Van Ginkel (LB), Jeff Wilson (RB), Myles Gaskin (RB), Salvon Ahmed (RB), Nik Needham (CB), Justin Bethel (CB), River Cracraft (WR), Duke Riley (LB), Kendall Lamm (OT), Geron Christian (OL), Freddie Swain (WR), John Lovett (FB), Elijah Campbell (DB)

[-] Dropped: Mike Gesicki (TE), Byron Jones (CB), Cethan Carter (TE), Teddy Bridgewater (QB), Melvin Ingram (DE), Eric Fisher (OT), Sam Equavoen (LB), Clayton Fejedelem (S), Greg Little (OT), Brandon Shell (OT), Trey Flowers (DE), Adam Shaheen (TE, IR), Thomas Morstead (P), Elandon Roberts (LB)
I think the first two on the bold list will have a huge impact, Ramsey and Long on that Fangio defense.

Imagine if we had a cheap owner who refused to spend. Think of the teams that don't have the luxury we have. An owner willing to pay top dollar for the players his GM or Coach wants.
Just knowing we could be in on any player at anytime is just an amazing feeling.

According to Mike Clay, we have the #1 best CB room in the NFL, the#4 best interior defensive line in the NFL, and the #6 best edge rushers in the NFL.

And we have a potential All Pro at safety, and two rock solid starters at ILB.

Not too shabby.
Just curious what did they rank our offense line?

Our team had little to work with for this off-season in draft picks and cap space. Yet, we add a top off ball LB which Fangio really needed and a top CB in FA along with A 1st round talent CB and a perfect fit McD RB for Mostert with only 4 picks. They continue to add pieces off available talent and are not done yet.

NFL and others rank top off seasons on results. I do so on results with what you had to work with. Our guys have done REALLY well.
Not fixing the oline brings their grade down to a C-.

They missed fixing our biggest weakness. Had they fixed the oline I'd be giving them an A, bc the rest of the team is in great shape.

Not fixing the oline brings their grade down to a C-.

They missed fixing our biggest weakness. Had they fixed the oline I'd be giving them an A, bc the rest of the team is in great shape.

Offseason isn't over yet! If we end up with Fleming and Wynn, I'd say that's a pretty solid pair of gambles to improve our offensive line, if at the very least planning for the inevitable injuries. I think the strong competition at LG and RT is exactly what we needed this off-season, and we're a potential June 1st signing away. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom