Griese is a Loser | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese is a Loser

Originally posted by Sydor25

He started the year 1-1. Lost to the Texans and beat the Jets.
well let me tell you something champ, he won the next. griese is gonna get his in tennesee! hate to jinx the dolphins but thats the way it looks!

Boggle.

Jay's winning percentage against .500 or worse teams: 80%
Brian's winning percentage against .500 or worse teams: 100%

Jay's winning percentage against winning teams: 0%
Brian's winning percentage against winning teams: 0%

Statistical projections show that the Dolphins would be 6-2 with Griese at the helm. Now, I've easily countered your statistics with even more of my own; statistics are only useful in specific quantitative comparisons, not in analysis. Keep trying, though -- I'm done arguing with teenagers for tonight.

Originally posted by AirVick
Boggle.

Statistical projections show that the Dolphins would be 6-2 with Griese at the helm. Now, I've easily countered your statistics with even more of my own; statistics are only useful in specific quantitative comparisons, not in analysis. Keep trying, though -- I'm done arguing with teenagers for tonight.
i can also see what you're 100% of!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
i can also see what you're 100% of!:rolleyes:

i just noticed what your problem is, you live in the 909. :lol:

Any QB can throw 5-10 yard crossing patterns with times.WOw Griese threw some 50 nah make that 60 yards bomb in stride.Griese hasn't show anything to say he should remain starter.

Originally posted by minus
Any QB can throw 5-10 yard crossing patterns with times.WOw Griese threw some 50 nah make that 60 yards bomb in stride.Griese hasn't show anything to say he should remain starter.
i'm afraid you can't argue with these guys, ya send em to school, buy em books and they eat the friggin pages!:rolleyes:

How about some potency on offense?? How about some actual rhythm?? How about actually connecting downfield?? How about hitting guys in stride/putting the ball out front?? How about "touch" on the ball??

I haven't seen anything that shows that Fiedler should be re-inserted as the starter. Simply being a better runner doesn't cut it, because the QB position, by nature, is predicated on what you can do with your arm and your eyes. Especially in this system. And Griese is superior in that respect.

Originally posted by Muck
How about some potency on offense?? How about some actual rhythm?? How about actually connecting downfield?? How about hitting guys in stride/putting the ball out front?? How about "touch" on the ball??

I haven't seen anything that shows that Fiedler should be re-inserted as the starter. Simply being a better runner doesn't cut it, because the QB position, by nature, is predicated on what you can do with your arm and your eyes. Especially in this system. And Griese is superior in that respect.

Downfield you mean 20 yards passes?What consistency have I seen other than one game against a bad defense.

1-10 on third down is consistency? Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus

Downfield you mean 20 yards passes?What consistency have I seen other than one game against a bad defense.

1-10 on third down is consistency? Please.

Uhhhh...Greise has connected a lot more consistently on our shots downfield (ie McMicheal, Chambers, Lee today; albiet they were "20 yard passes" but thats way more consistency than Fiedler has ever shown on his 20+ yard passes).

1 for 10 on third down is not all on him. Because of our horrendous O-line play, our mindboggling inability to run the ball and stupid penalties, we did not get many managable third downs. In fact, we had only one 3rd down opportunity in which we were less than six yards away, as opposed to 3 that we were more than 15 yards away and 2 more that we were 10 or more yards away.

Either way, I have been a Fiedler supporter for a long time but I haven't seen him put together 2 good games like this in a WHILE. And we have played some really bad defenses over the last 3+ years. The two points in the game that really tipified the difference in the two QBs:

1)The ball to McMicheal. Fiedler has overthrown this type of throw all year. To finally connect on a play like that got me excited.
2) The 4 play scoring drive. Haven't seen a drive like that out of this team in AGES. We need drives like that from time to time instead of constantly having to grind out 10-14 play drives.

Lastly, I'm tired of all this blaming Brian BS. Do you guys seriously think that Fiedler would not have fumbled those balls? In fact he has done it atleast once this year in the Giants game (not a knock on Fiedler or any QB for that matter, as a QB you can only account for what's in front of you, it's the O-Lines responsiblity to protect your blindside; thats why LT is the most important position on the O-Line) and he also fumbled on a much easier hit that was right in front of him in the Jets game. Right now, Brian has played the best out of the two and unless your QB coming off of injury is clearly your better QB (which in this case he has not been), in this situation you play the hot hand.

Originally posted by AirVick
Boggle.

you had pretty good arguments until you posted this garbage. since when did the nfl keep a 4 column win/loss stat. never! a .500 loss counts the same as a sub .500 loss, and vice versa!
nice try at pumping some sunshine but it didn't work!:tongue:

Originally posted by Muck
lol...technically, it was the RDE. :)

Muck, sometimes you are just TOO gracious for MY own good!! ;)
In my haste of having to be elsewhere and already 10 minutes late, I saw the chance for a little "ribbing". I thought, "aaaHAA !! Left tackle, sack from left side, so it was the LDE !!! I realized it a few minutes later after i had shut down and said oh well, let the guys have a little fun with this and I'll "fix" it this am. Lo and behold, not much was said about it.
Anyway, I will differ with you on this on point tho. It wasn't "technically" the RDE, it WAS the RDE!! But in any case, in a hurry or not, this is a classic example of not engaging brain before putting mouth in motion !! Also, I NEVER edit any post to change what I said, even if immediately. When i do it is only to change a typo.

If you could be so gracious one more time, PLEASE accept my humble apology !!!

This just about says it all.......... Griese is gonna get his ! Spoken like a true blue dolphin fan!!!! Look back on any comments by anybody on this board the last 3 yrs. and see if anybody,even the most bias Jay-bashers, and see if anybody ever,ever said boy is fiedler gonna get his this week!!!! It is a HUGE,HUGE waste of time to try to reason with this kind of mentality!! Oh,and I am not trying to jinx anything!! please tell me how old you actually are and how many times you got left back in the 3rd grade!!!!!!! Griese is gonna get his........JACKASS!!!!!!!:chair:

Back
Top Bottom