Gruden's QB Camp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden's QB Camp

You're probably right, CK. Hell, you called the Mallett situation to perfection last year, so I can't possibly compete with your inside track. Because that's what it is, a competition to be the most right about everything.

You're the champ. Really.

Wow, that's mature.

Osweiler has a nice career ahead of him selling shamwows or gym memberships. I hate that phony personality type. I don't see a comparison to a young Marino's attitude and sure as **** not in his play as a QB where his greatest and only accomplishment has been being tall.

So is keeping an even keel, and one thing that QB Camp with Gruden really brought out is that Brock Osweiler is a really excitable guy. What went left unsaid, is that cuts both ways. Watch the Boise State bowl game some time and you'll see.

Brock Osweiller reminds me a bit of Mark Sanchez in the way he portrays himself. Sanchez is also excitable, and he is way too emotional and that has damaged him in the past.

i threw the venus in spider 3 y banana!

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

osweiler seemed pretty disingenous and scripted. same knocks as cam newton last year.

anyway... can not wait to see tannehill and cousins in this thing. gruden camp is my favorite part of the draft.

anybody that is ok with us getting cousins to be anything more than a back up is crazy. the guy has hit his peak and its not impressive at all. when he faces top competition his disapears.

The Russell Wilson edition of the QB camp is the most impressive I've seen, and I've seen all of them the last three years. Better than Luck, than Griffin, than Tebow or Mallett or McCoy or Gabbert or Ponder or Locker. It wasn't just his demeanor, which was impressive enough, it was the little things, the little comments. The details that revealed a depth of strategic knowledge and thinking.

Russell Wilson is the kind of prospect who's like a ****ing itch that won't go away. I can't help thinking that he might very well be -- when it's all said and done -- the 2nd best QB in this class after Luck. And I mean that sincerely. People make a huge deal about his size and I get that. But isn't height made an issue of because and only because it relates to performance? As in, the shorter you are, the less likely you are to achieve a certain level of performance?

But I think we all know that's not an absolute thing. It's a general rule. If a guy can achieve despite being shorter than ideal... he's still achieving, the way a short armed heavyweight like Mike Tyson or Rocky Marciano can still become champion of the world if they can, you know, knockout or otherwise beat to a pulp everyone who gets in their way.

He's my fourth QB in this draft, I know that. I'd MUCH rather have him than guys like Cousins or Foles or Osweiler. The things that stand in the way of those guys becoming top pros are, to me, much more daunting than Wilson's height.

I posted over a month ago about Wilson on here and many people flamed like I was crazy. "He is not tall enough"..etc.

I think he will surprise a lot of people. He is a very very talented athlete and QB.

My point is why overdaft a guy like Tannehill..let cleveland do it, and we can grab floyd. Then take a shot at Wilson in a later round and it's not a huge deal if it doesnt work out.

He very likely could surprise people.

It's sports..if there were no surprises then no one would watch.

The Russell Wilson edition of the QB camp is the most impressive I've seen, and I've seen all of them the last three years. Better than Luck, than Griffin, than Tebow or Mallett or McCoy or Gabbert or Ponder or Locker. It wasn't just his demeanor, which was impressive enough, it was the little things, the little comments. The details that revealed a depth of strategic knowledge and thinking.

Russell Wilson is the kind of prospect who's like a ****ing itch that won't go away. I can't help thinking that he might very well be -- when it's all said and done -- the 2nd best QB in this class after Luck. And I mean that sincerely. People make a huge deal about his size and I get that. But isn't height made an issue of because and only because it relates to performance? As in, the shorter you are, the less likely you are to achieve a certain level of performance?

But I think we all know that's not an absolute thing. It's a general rule. If a guy can achieve despite being shorter than ideal... he's still achieving, the way a short armed heavyweight like Mike Tyson or Rocky Marciano can still become champion of the world if they can, you know, knockout or otherwise beat to a pulp everyone who gets in their way.

He's my fourth QB in this draft, I know that. I'd MUCH rather have him than guys like Cousins or Foles or Osweiler. The things that stand in the way of those guys becoming top pros are, to me, much more daunting than Wilson's height.

If he was 6'2, he'd be a top 10 pick. I honestly believe that.

^^^^^

agree.

do we want to overdraft on a QB just to get a name or try for a hidden gem who would be operating in a west coast offense that smaller QBs have had success in?

^^^^^

agree.

do we want to overdraft on a QB just to get a name or try for a hidden gem who would be operating in a west coast offense that smaller QBs have had success in?

we want a QB who can succeed no matter what. The more I think about, the more I feel like the best QBs in terms of fit for us are Tannehill, Weeden, and Wilson. I feel Osweiler is another guy to consider heavily because his physical talent is so tempting that he's worth trying to develop.

Unfortunately, 5'11 is WAY too short for the QB position in the NFL. He might have all the intangibles, but if he can't see over his lineman, it isn't worth a damn. Plus, when he gets folded up like an accordian by James Harrison, his career will be over ala Pat White.

Unfortunately, 5'11 is WAY too short for the QB position in the NFL. He might have all the intangibles, but if he can't see over his lineman, it isn't worth a damn. Plus, when he gets folded up like an according by James Harrison, his career will be over ala Pat White.

as they pointed out on the special though, Wisconsin has a pretty big OL (average height of 6'5) and he had no problem seeing over the line. Wilson also has the advantage of always playing in a pro offense and projects as a pro QB. Pat White never projected as a QB. Hell the only reason I was even receptive of the pick is I thought we were going to develop him like the Steelers did Antwaan Randle El. It turned out that White was mentally weak (at least that was evident to me) and was nervous as hell in the pros because he was no longer faster than everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom