Guess AFC EAST final standings | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess AFC EAST final standings

What's wrong? Did I hurt your sensitive feelings?

Beck is a rookie playing in one of the hardest division. I know you think he's gonna be something "someday" but right now he's not even better than a Lemon.

I can also play what if's. What if Lynch turns out to be the next LT. What if Losman to Evans get's probowl nos. What if , what if.

Dude deal with "WHAT IS" .I know you'd rather look away from the harsh reality of the state your team is in right now. It's called DENIAL . Right now you have no qb. You have no OL. Your coach is unproven.

Considering you mean as much to me as a caterpillar's scrotum no you didnt hurt my feelings b/c you dont have the capability to do so.

See the trend here? Mo Lewis, NyJunc, etc.. all say the Jets have made all the moves they need to to be a great team. Now the Bills fans chime in and it appears that all the moves they've made have given them a chance to be a great team.

But since this is our site and you are all rivals, not one nice thing can be said about anyone on this team. It's beyond played out and I don't even know why you get responses. It's a never ending disagreement

Maybe you'll learn football that way.

where did I say 2-14? All I stated was that it's homeristic for ANYONE to think the fins are better than both the jets and the bills.

You'll have to pardon me for not "learning" football in the ways of the masters have.

It's not irrelevant, the Pats approached this ofseason the way Wash has under Snyder. The Pats don't have a history of brining in high priced guys and questionable charcter guys so their history is irrelevant.

Yes they do. From Irving Fryar to Keith Sims to Brian Cox to Corey Dillon. The thing is once they arrive in Foxboro, they all turn into model citizens.

Yes they do. From Irving Fryar to Keith Sims to Brian Cox to Corey Dillon. The thing is once they arrive in Foxboro, they all turn into model citizens.

I was talking about in this decad where they have been a Championship organization and Bryan Cox was NOT a questionable character player- he was brought in to be a leader an he was just that.

Irving Fryar wasn't a high priced FA, he was drafted, and I don't think he turned into a model citizen overnight, AND that was 20+ years ago. The only link between the Pats now and them is the name.
Corey Dillon wasn't half the problem he was made out to be. He just wasn't happy in Cincy. He wanted to win, and went to a winning franchise. I don't see the malcontent problem child the media wanted to make him out to be.
Same thing with Bryan Cox. He was never a problem off the field, he just played with severe angst towards anyone not wearing the same jersey.
Keith Sims? Do you mean the ex-Dolphin?

So, Corey Dillon was somewhat high priced, the other were not.
And I can't find a real problem child there, not to mention some have no relevance to the current team/staff.

Irving Fryar wasn't a high priced FA, he was drafted, and I don't think he turned into a model citizen overnight, AND that was 20+ years ago. The only link between the Pats now and them is the name.
Corey Dillon wasn't half the problem he was made out to be. He just wasn't happy in Cincy. He wanted to win, and went to a winning franchise. I don't see the malcontent problem child the media wanted to make him out to be.
Same thing with Bryan Cox. He was never a problem off the field, he just played with severe angst towards anyone not wearing the same jersey.
Keith Sims? Do you mean the ex-Dolphin?

So, Corey Dillon was somewhat high priced, the other were not.
And I can't find a real problem child there, not to mention some have no relevance to the current team/staff.

I meant Ken Sims.

"Corey Dillon wasn't half the problem he was made out to be". I bet if you could dig out archives from this site, you'll find there were a lot of posts attacking the Patriots for bringing in a guy of "ill character".

The only high priced guy the Pats have brought in this year is Adalius Thomas. The rest are getting chump change compared to what they are probably really worth.

$10 mil guaranteed for Wes Welker AND a 2nd and 7th rd pick is chump change????

It's not irrelevant, the Pats approached this ofseason the way Wash has under Snyder. The Pats don't have a history of brining in high priced guys and questionable charcter guys so their history is irrelevant.

WTF? You really want to argue that the FO of a completely different team bringing in completely different players to a completely different locker room to be coached by a completely different coaching staff is more relevant than how Pioli and Belicheck have been running the Patriots?

Right.....

Corey Dillon was considered just as much as a team cancer as Randy Moss. That worked out okay. The big difference is that the Pats are prepared to dump Moss if he becomes a problem. He is not there to be the team's savior. They aren't investing a huge amount to get him. If he becomes a distraction or doesn't perform, he's gone.

as you can tell i'm clearly a Jets Fan. although im objective and unbiased aswell

Patriots...13-3...Just too good, Tom Brady Finally got the Offensive Help He has needed for years, Moroney Will Break out this year as the featured back. wide outs are very good and deep this season and defense is great, i'd saythey could go undeafeted but every team has a few weeks they just don't show up

Jets...10-6... Many people say we were a fluke last year, and i won't completley disagree the shedule was tissue soft. but we won the games we were supoosed to and a few we werent and played good teams very tough. were a young team on the rise and in a year or too could seriously make some noise in the playoffs and threaten the pats for AFC East championship.

Dolphins...8-8...though they are going to be better, QB is still a big concern and wide outs aren't particularly outstanding. the running game will do fine but the secondary will give up huge gains if the front 7 dosent apply pressure.

Bills...5-11... not a terrible team by any means and could be one of the surprises in the NFL this season but the loss of willis ( Jet Killer ) mcgahee was a big hit. the defense is mediocre but the offense is still solid the line could use some work the wide outs are solid and if J.P losman advances in a few years him and marshawn lynch could be the 1-2 punch that manning and james were a few years ago.

as you can tell i'm clearly a Jets Fan. although im objective and unbiased aswell

Patriots...13-3...Just too good, Tom Brady Finally got the Offensive Help He has needed for years, Moroney Will Break out this year as the featured back. wide outs are very good and deep this season and defense is great, i'd saythey could go undeafeted but every team has a few weeks they just don't show up

Jets...10-6... Many people say we were a fluke last year, and i won't completley disagree the shedule was tissue soft. but we won the games we were supoosed to and a few we werent and played good teams very tough. were a young team on the rise and in a year or too could seriously make some noise in the playoffs and threaten the pats for AFC East championship.

Dolphins...8-8...though they are going to be better, QB is still a big concern and wide outs aren't particularly outstanding. the running game will do fine but the secondary will give up huge gains if the front 7 dosent apply pressure.

Bills...5-11... not a terrible team by any means and could be one of the surprises in the NFL this season but the loss of willis ( Jet Killer ) mcgahee was a big hit. the defense is mediocre but the offense is still solid the line could use some work the wide outs are solid and if J.P losman advances in a few years him and marshawn lynch could be the 1-2 punch that manning and james were a few years ago.

Just a couple of notes:

-All of the AFC east scheds are almost identical at least in terms of opponents so to say the Jets sched was soft you have to realize they all were.

-Mcgahee killed us and is gone but Travis henry used to kill us and we were excited when he was gone, so let's see what lynch does against us before we celebrate.

New England 15-1(with that one loss coming to us)
Buffalo 9-7
Miami 8-8
NYJ 6-10

The more logical thing to do would be switch Buffalo and New York, but my gut feeling is telling me the Jets will have an off year, and the Bills will be a sleeper team.

Just a couple of notes:

-All of the AFC east scheds are almost identical at least in terms of opponents so to say the Jets sched was soft you have to realize they all were.

-Mcgahee killed us and is gone but Travis henry used to kill us and we were excited when he was gone, so let's see what lynch does against us before we celebrate.

Yes, the east had a relatively soft schedule, at least when compared to the 2007 schedule.

When I look at how last years schedule fell out, I'd say the Jets were very lucky. First, to play Tenn with Volek & co at qb, then to end the season with that schedule (Houston, GB, Min, & Oak)? I know they didn't make the schedule, but I think they needed to take full advantage of it to make the playoffs.

This season? Good luck. They're staring at 1-3 to start, maybe 2-2, and likely 4-5 by the bye week. They'll need a strong finish to get to the playoffs, just like last year. Can they do it? Sure. It's real tough doing that two years in a row though.

Hmmm.. I like ranges better.

NE 12-4 to 14-2.
MIA 7-9 to 10-6.
NYJ 8-8 to 10-6.
BUF cellar to 7-9. Only because they are in a rebuild mode.

I think MIA can sneak by the green folk up in NY for #2 in the division and a possible WC spot.

MIA might not make the playoffs even if they do well. Things just don't fall in place for them. See 2003 when they went 10-6, but didn't make the playoffs while Baltimore/Green Bay went 10-6, won their divisions and Dallas and Seattle went 10-6 and got WC spots in the NFC.

Put our division in the NFC and we could get at least 2 playoff teams from the AFC East.

I'll update when a quarter of the season is done.

Just a couple of notes:

Well, let's hope that Marshawn follows suit and "kills" the Jets more than Willis did ... who did better than Travis ... :D

Back
Top Bottom