Guess AFC EAST final standings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess AFC EAST final standings

I think the AFC East will be very interesting next year. Of course this is all pre-training camp and pre-injuries, but still very interesting.

New England is the hands down winner of talent and winner in the offseason of bringing in talent. However, this reminds me alot of what my Yankees did after 2001. After a bitter loss to the Colts the Patriots load up with with big named/high priced veterans. It really affects the team chemistry. Very rarely do you see teams just absolutely loaded win championships--New York Yankees, LA Lakers with Shaq, Malone, Kobe, Payton, UNC Tar Heels with Jamison, Carter, Wallace, Stackhouse, etc. It's hard. Those role players are very integral to every team.

The Jets are a mystery team to me. I don't know what they are. You look at them and you say "How do they beat us" but every year they end up sweeping us. However, you put it...ya the schedules were similar and you won 4 games, etc. It still doesn't dismiss the fact that the Jets' schedule was extremely easy. That will be much different this year. Also, the Jets didn't do much this offseason. I thought there draft went relatively well and Revis could be really good right away, but they're still the same team. For me, if there is any team that could fall on hard times in this division that is expected to win it's Jets.

As far as us (the Dolphins), we could possibly have the best defense in the division. It's all a matter of what we get from our QB and OLine. If the OLine can play average like it did in the 2nd half's of the past two years, that will be adequate enough for our RB's to run well and our QB to have protection. Cam Cameron will help the offense. I firmly believe that. If Daunte can get healthy, or we can have a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, we can win 7 games on defensive will and a running game alone.

The Bills had a tough offseason. I think they have the worst team in the league, but let it be known, they'll beat us once, maybe twice and play every other team in the division extremely tough.

If I had to guess right now...

Patriots 12-4
Jets 8-8
Dolphins 8-8
Bills 6-10

Pats are the only team to make the playoffs from our division.

Who is high price? None of the guy aquired this off-season will make more than 5 mil next season.

You gave $20 mil in guaranteed money to Thomas, you gave $10 mil plus TWO draft picks for Welker. You overpaid for some players, you brought in a ton of questionable charter guys including through the draft.

The Jets are a mystery team to me. I don't know what they are. You look at them and you say "How do they beat us" but every year they end up sweeping us. However, you put it...ya the schedules were similar and you won 4 games, etc. It still doesn't dismiss the fact that the Jets' schedule was extremely easy. That will be much different this year. Also, the Jets didn't do much this offseason. I thought there draft went relatively well and Revis could be really good right away, but they're still the same team. For me, if there is any team that could fall on hard times in this division that is expected to win it's Jets.

We played almost identical schdules. You lost 4 more games than we did, if we had your sched at worst we go 9-7 which is still better than 6-10, right?

After this weekend records are....
Pats- 14-2 super bowl champs

Jets- 9-7 wild card

Bills- 8-8 miss playoffs

Fins 8-8 miss playoffs

You gave $20 mil in guaranteed money to Thomas, you gave $10 mil plus TWO draft picks for Welker. You overpaid for some players, you brought in a ton of questionable charter guys including through the draft.

We played almost identical schdules. You lost 4 more games than we did, if we had your sched at worst we go 9-7 which is still better than 6-10, right?

Please name one guy that was overpaid.

Please name one guy that was overpaid.

I'll give you 2: Adalius Thomas w/ $20 mil guaranteed and Wes Welker w/ $10 mil guaranteed AND a 2nd AND 7th rd pick. Add in thre questionable charcter guys(Moss, Stallworth, your 1st rd pick, Morris) and your offseason looks great if this was fantasy football but ask the skins how things turn out when you try to approach the offseason the way NE has. If any team can overcome this it's NE but there's only so much a LR can handle and I think and hope it's too much.

I'll give you 2: Adalius Thomas w/ $20 mil guaranteed and Wes Welker w/ $10 mil guaranteed AND a 2nd AND 7th rd pick. Add in thre questionable charcter guys(Moss, Stallworth, your 1st rd pick, Morris) and your offseason looks great if this was fantasy football but ask the skins how things turn out when you try to approach the offseason the way NE has. If any team can overcome this it's NE but there's only so much a LR can handle and I think and hope it's too much.

I guess the Patriots should fire Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli and hire you. You know, because you've been in charge of the team of the decade right?

Tell me this, who was coaching the skins when they brought in big name F.A.? Who was picking the players they brought in? Who was the skins QB, and what kind of talent did they have to start with???

Pulling out the Skins comparison may make you feel better in the off-season, but reality is coming in Sept. :wink:

I guess the Patriots should fire Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli and hire you. You know, because you've been in charge of the team of the decade right?

Why are we here? if we can't comment on moves made and on our teams then why do we have message boards? I love when people say things like that, it means they have no argument.

Tell me this, who was coaching the skins when they brought in big name F.A.? Who was picking the players they brought in? Who was the skins QB, and what kind of talent did they have to start with???

Pulling out the Skins comparison may make you feel better in the off-season, but reality is coming in Sept. :wink:

They had Marty Schottenheimer 1 year and Gibbs 3 years.

They were a 10 win team in 1999 before they started going after big names so they had playoff talent and yet they have bento the playoffs ONCE since then and that was the only offseason they DIDN'T go out and buy up big name FAs.

Clearly the Pats get the benefit of the doubt. Comparing their offseason to the Skins is irrlevant. They have the same FO as they have had for the past 5 or 6 years. The Pats history of moves is a better indicator of their decision making than what Daniel Snyder did 3 years ago.

Clearly the Pats get the benefit of the doubt. Comparing their offseason to the Skins is irrlevant. They have the same FO as they have had for the past 5 or 6 years. The Pats history of moves is a better indicator of their decision making than what Daniel Snyder did 3 years ago.

It's not irrelevant, the Pats approached this ofseason the way Wash has under Snyder. The Pats don't have a history of brining in high priced guys and questionable charcter guys so their history is irrelevant.

Patriots 13-3
Jets 10-6
Bills 7-9
Dolphins 6-10

Patriots upgraded their team this offseason, you really cant say anything about that.

I also think the jets upgraded. They won 10 games with no running game. They added thomas jones and some players on defense.

Bills didnt really take a step fowards or back. They spent all offseason replacing players they lost.

Dolphins- Regardless if they drafted quinn or not it is probably not going to be a good season for the dolphins. Culpepper is not a good qb anymore. His last two seasons were not good. Green (if the get him) really isnt that good of an option. He was horrid after his concussion last year and turn 37 soon. Losing a home game doesnt help either.

I honestly have no clue what the records will be. Draft hasn't come yet, free agency isn't over, injuries haven't happened.

Too early for it

Imagine that, it's this early and the homerism is already in full force. The fins don't even have a qb yet and they're already better than the jets and bills? :lol: So what happens when the fins grab Green, the homers are gonna predict sb.

to all the bills fans posting in this thread, if you cant honestly say that you are currently the worst team in the AFC east, regardless where you rank the other teams, you're a homer. thats how bad the bills are. say what you want, how u swept us last season, it doesnt matter your sending a complete different team onto the field next season. i mean honestly your best player is your punter

and the fins aren't sending a different team? You even have an unproven HC who doesn't have an OL that closely resembles SD's OL. You don't even have a qb and the ones you have are either busted, A Lemon and a rookie. Let's not forget the fins are trying to grab a qb with a death wish in Green who has had head injuries. Who's gonna block for him , Culpepper?

Give me a break if there's a Homer around here look in the mirror.

Imagine that, it's this early and the homerism is already in full force. The fins don't even have a qb yet and they're already better than the jets and bills? :lol: So what happens when the fins grab Green, the homers are gonna predict sb.

Beck isn't a QB? Who says he can't start and play well? What if Daunte recovers? What if Green turns out alright?

You aren't gunna drag my hopes down with your negative BS. As if we should give a flip what a yoyo like you has to say anyway.

Buffalo. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom