Guess AFC EAST final standings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess AFC EAST final standings

Why is the Jets scheudle getting so much tougher but NE's isn't? We had virtually identical scheds. The only difference was we played Cle and Oak and you played Cincy and Denver. We each played non playof teams hough our games were easier and we each went 1-1. Our sched was actually tougher since we had 2 games against you while you had 2 games against us so our SOS was tougher last year.

The pats have always had an average WR corp, Brady makes any Wrs look good which was why spending so muchon the players you broght in din't make much sense.

I think NE will win the div, think NE could win 13 games but don't tell me the Jets will be worse b/c of a tougher sched and NE willbe better against a tougher sched when both of us improved on paper this offseason.

Jets beat one playoff bound team last season and that was us. You got into the playoffs by the skin of your teeth against an easier schedule with Noodle Arm as your QB. This schedule is tougher than last year's and you still have that same Noodle Arm. You may love Pennington, and he is a good QB despite his lack of deep ball, but you guys will be MUCH better once you get a QB that can throw that deep ball.

Jets beat one playoff bound team last season and that was us. You got into the playoffs by the skin of your teeth against an easier schedule with Noodle Arm as your QB. This schedule is tougher than last year's and you still have that same Noodle Arm. You may love Pennington, and he is a good QB despite his lack of deep ball, but you guys will be MUCH better once you get a QB that can throw that deep ball.

It doesn't matter who we beat, we played a similar sched as NE and finished just 2 games behind you. We didn't get in by the skin of our teeth, we could have lost our last game and still made it so we had a cushion. The same noodle arm QB is one of the best in the league when healthy and he led us to 10 wins w/ a poor D and no running game. The D got better late in the year and should be better in year 2 of the new system and we now have th best RB in the division so those problesm have been solved. Chad can make all the throws, we don't need him to throw it 50 yards downfield but when we do he can. Chad is a top flight QB when healthy and let's hope h stays healthy b/c when he is we win alot more than we lose.

New England 12-4
N.Y. Jets 9-7
Miami 8-8
Buffalo 6-10

Obviously this could change after the draft and the rest of the off season!

I wasn't talking about you, you're cool, I was talking about the hypocrisy of rival homers.

"Finheaven is full of homers"

Now back to my questio are the homers on Billszone/GangGreen/Patriots Planet any less homerish?

Trust me, the Jet's site's have their share of homers, and im sure that the Bill's and Pat's have their share, but in defense of the Pat's fans, they have something to brag about, their team had the best off-season.

It doesn't matter who we beat, we played a similar sched as NE and finished just 2 games behind you. We didn't get in by the skin of our teeth, we could have lost our last game and still made it so we had a cushion.
- That's a blatent lie if I've ever heard one. The Jets had to beat the Dolphins in order to get into the postseason. I even remember the announcers talking about it and the post game celebration by your team because they had gotten the Wild Card with that win.

The same noodle arm QB is one of the best in the league when healthy and he led us to 10 wins w/ a poor D and no running game.
- I wouldn't say your D was poor. Your blitz packages are mean and they certainly helped you out more than Pennington did. But I will admit that even for a noodle arm, Pennington played some good football last season.

The D got better late in the year and should be better in year 2 of the new system and we now have th best RB in the division so those problesm have been solved.
- The best RB in the division? And you base this on what? His ability to go up against defenses in the powerhouse (:rolleyes2) NFC in a two back set? Newsflash: Jones isn't playing against Minnesota (who I will grant you had a stout run defense last year), Green Bay (horrible), and Detroit (even worse). Every team in the AFC East has a stout defense starting with Miami, then us, then even the Bills who, despite their losses, will still have a pretty strong D especially against division rivals.

Chad can make all the throws, we don't need him to throw it 50 yards downfield but when we do he can.
- :sidelol: And that's why when we pounded you in the Wild Card game, down by more than two touchdowns, he could only make passes 10 yards down the field, and those were floaters at best. Nice logic.

Chad is a top flight QB when healthy and let's hope h stays healthy b/c when he is we win alot more than we lose.
- The only thing I can disagree with is the "top flight" part. He's good, but he's not in the top tier in the league. But you guys do win a lot more with him than without him.

Patriots have the best roster in the division, the best QB in the division, and the best head coach in the division. The division shares the same schedule. The Patriots have won the division 4 years in a row now. So who is saying they won't be in first place (barring an injury to Tommy Boy)? Let me guess, you think the Dolphins will take first next year and the second seed in the playoffs?

Hey, glad to see you made the trip to FH. You'll get WAY more football talk here then you do at your home site.

That's a blatent lie if I've ever heard one. The Jets had to beat the Dolphins in order to get into the postseason. I even remember the announcers talking about it and the post game celebration by your team because they had gotten the Wild Card with that win.

You might want to check your facts out, first off we didn't clinch until week 17 against Oak. As it turned out we didn't have to win that game to get in but we clnched that day and it doesnt' amtter what team we clinched against. the facts are we played almost identical schedules just at different times. We played 12 games aginst the same teams and only 2 against diff teams.

I wouldn't say your D was poor. Your blitz packages are mean and they certainly helped you out more than Pennington did. But I will admit that even for a noodle arm, Pennington played some good football last season.

You obviously only watched the Jets when we played you.

The best RB in the division? And you base this on what? His ability to go up against defenses in the powerhouse () NFC in a two back set? Newsflash: Jones isn't playing against Minnesota (who I will grant you had a stout run defense last year), Green Bay (horrible), and Detroit (even worse). Every team in the AFC East has a stout defense starting with Miami, then us, then even the Bills who, despite their losses, will still have a pretty strong D especially against division rivals.

he's been the best back of any current AFC east back the last 2 years and he carried Chi's weak O into the SB. I te AFC title Game against Indy Mauroney rushed 8 times for 13 yards(1.6 YPC), 2 weks late in the SB Jones rushed 15 times for 112 yards(7.5). Jones was not in great division but he was in the same divson w/ the best run defense in football.

By the way, the Jets and Bills run D's stunk last year, every NFC North team had a better run D han the Jets and Blls last year so there ges that theory.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-RUSHING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=7&_1:col_1=5

And that's why when we pounded you in the Wild Card game, down by more than two touchdowns, he could only make passes 10 yards down the field, and those were floaters at best. Nice logic.

You don't watch alot of football, do you? That game was a TD game w/ 5 mins left. That game turned on a fluke backwardspass/fumble. Don't be confused by the final score.

Forget it, Patriots just got Randy Moss. They are going 15-1 at the very least.

The pats won w/o a collection of overpaid superstars, they won w/ high character guys- that's not the case anymore. They might be more talented but now they have high price, questionable character guys. The Pats showed everyone how it was done in this era an now they have strayed. Moss worid me alot more than any of their other moves this offseason but I am not worried about NE any more today than I was at the end of last season- I am still worried about the,m but thathas everything to do w/ #12.

Forget it, Patriots just got Randy Moss. They are going 15-1 at the very least.

Moss, on paper, seems like a huge threat.... but..

- He hasn't done anything in the last two years
- He doesn't play every down
- He is all about himself on a team where that is not accepted
- He is cancer

Bad players can take down good teams (Eagles?).

Also, he hasn't played a down for them and has had nagging injuries.

It is a make or break kind of deal for the Pats, it either seals a SB spot or keeps them out of the playoffs.

Randy Moss is to the Patriots like Duante Culpepper was to the Dolphins. :)

BZ

The pats won w/o a collection of overpaid superstars, they won w/ high character guys- that's not the case anymore. They might be more talented but now they have high price, questionable character guys. The Pats showed everyone how it was done in this era an now they have strayed. Moss worid me alot more than any of their other moves this offseason but I am not worried about NE any more today than I was at the end of last season- I am still worried about the,m but thathas everything to do w/ #12.

Who is high price? None of the guy aquired this off-season will make more than 5 mil next season.

Back
Top Bottom