Gurley | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gurley

Nothing matters until both lines are solidified. And we have a big time RB in Moreno as long as he's back to full strength.

Nothing matters until both lines are solidified. And we have a big time RB in Moreno as long as he's back to full strength.

The guy played 6 quarters of football for us in 3 games...I don't trust him and I hope we move on...you can't be big time if you're on IR. He's had one 1000 yard season...that's not big time.

End of the day we aren't good enough for a luxury pick. Both guys are supremely talented, but you see the production we get out of Lamar. We run a very RB friendly scheme and there's plenty of value in RB's in the mid to late rounds, or cheap in FA. With the needs we have and the lack of depth, I'm pretty certain we look elsewhere early on draft day.

Get middle tier linemen in FA, not the dumpster diving we did on the likes of Jason Fox, Colledge and Shelley Smith.

Also, no running back before round 3. Every year you see running backs that come in and excel that were either late-rounders or undrafted.

Preferably a beast MLB, FS or big WR. Wouldn't even be mad with a DT considering our options right now.

I have seen Gurley play for all three years he has been at UGA. He is a special player. Depending on his health that would be great pick up. He is a playmaker and that is what this team needs. I do not see anyone in this draft especially when the dolphins are picking that comes close to the talent and playmaking ability he has. Just a biased GA fan.

End of the day we aren't good enough for a luxury pick. Both guys are supremely talented, but you see the production we get out of Lamar. We run a very RB friendly scheme and there's plenty of value in RB's in the mid to late rounds, or cheap in FA. With the needs we have and the lack of depth, I'm pretty certain we look elsewhere early on draft day.

Agreed!

Lamar Miller is a nice player...who left the game last week with another injury which happens far to often with him. He has left several games this year with injuries...shoulder, ankle, etc. If you have a chance to get an elite player at any position you should take it. The Jeff Ireland thought process is play it safe, take a position of need and fill holes...that's how our roster got to this point.

i like gurley as much as anyone and i also like melvin gordon the same pretty much although i had gurley higher pre injury but i think miami needs to concentrate on our primary needs with our top picks assuming the board has them and that for my money is big size wr with catch radius and mike lb above all else and also those 2 needs arent found in free agency teams dont just let those guys get away you got to draft them to get difference makers there

so if i got target guys for those slots where i have them graded out and i'm on the clock i'm gonna pull the trigger on them...if the values there i'm rolling with the move the needle positions

You thumbed me down, but the truth is that I view knee injuries pretty seriously. I'm really, really concerned about Branden Albert, on a related note. People are assuming he will be back and in Pro Bowl form in 2015, and I already got the red flag out on that one. We might need Ja'Wuan James to hold the fort at left tackle for a couple of weeks to open the season.

I realize that individual injuries are different, but the flip side of that is that I don't have all of the details on Gurley's injury, surgery, or rehab. I'm essentially gambling on a guy who may have had his surgery botched or maybe even struggles to come back from it mentally. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but it would impact whether or not I'd choose to take him in the first round, depending on who else is available.
Good point on Albert. He's had a few injuries as well and hasn't made it through too many season's. Miami would be smart to look for a developmental guy to replace him or draft a LT high who can play LG for a year or two. With all the needs on the team, that may not happen this year though.

Back
Top Bottom