Handing out big $$$ to Branch & Kiko instead of committing that money to a guard?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Handing out big $$$ to Branch & Kiko instead of committing that money to a guard??

I would rather they pay top dollar for a dominant OG than overpay for midiocre players like Alonso and Branch. Alonso and Branch are backups on most teams not starters making top money. This team loves drafting and overpaying for players with limited talent or guys who are injury prone. They also seem to pick guys that just aren't very smart, guys who are undisciplined and/or guys who don't love playing. We need a GM/scouting staff that can identify and go after players that have elite or potentially elite talent and desire.

Pouncey can't play OG...and I thought Larsen looked decent out there especially considering it was his first game back in 9 weeks. We need to move from Pouncey and the faster the better...the real question is what does the front office think cause they haven't exactly put any real effort into fixing this O-line. If they think all they need is a tweek and not an overhaul then they're as delusional as I think they are.

yes you are right..I was assuming Pouncy would not be benched though but yes plug in Larsen instead
Who am I kidding? No changes will happen

You guys remember who I wanted instead of Branch? He came for a visit, signed with another team, smaller deal than Branch, PFF's #9 edge defender, and #2 against the run.

You don't even wanna know what Branch is ranked.

Who is it?

yes you are right..I was assuming Pouncy would not be benched though but yes plug in Larsen instead
Who am I kidding? No changes will happen

This is one of the most accurate and depressing posts in a long time. We all know the OL should be overhauled to become Miami's strongest unit yet we all also know the FO doesn't agree with us. Miami has been tweeking their roster for 15 years. What will it take for the franchise to accept it needs rebuild from the inside out?

I'd gladly take a Cody Whitehair over X Howard right now.
I really wanted us to take two OGs in that 2016 draft but I knew as soon as they took Tunsil in the 1st that hope was gone. After that they had to scramble to get the other positions of need...namely corner.

Consider we could have had Artie Burns at CB from the U and Cody Whitehair in the 2nd (who I really wanted) instead of Tunsil (who's looking like a bust at LT) and Howard (who has yet to sniff an interception). Hindsight I guess. We also could have not made the trade with the Eagles and ended up with Eli Apple at CB who a lot on here wanted.

Last edited:
This money should have been saved for Landry, and/or used for a guard or two. Two of the biggest bonehead contracts I've seen in a while.

Kiko is absolutely garbage as a football player -- he sucked when he had trash around him, and he sucks now with better players around him. Branch was mediocre last season and hasn't done **** since getting that contract. Two fringe backup players who are being paid like Pro Bowlers. Disgusting.

We had Kiko for cheap for another year to evaluate him. They should have let Branch walk knowing they were going to spend their top pick on a DE.

Landry isn't worth the money he will be seeking. But hey, it's the Miami way.

I really wanted us to take to OGs in that 2016 draft but I knew as soon as they took Tunsil in the 1st that hope was gone. After that they had to scramble to get the other positions of need...namely corner.

Consider we could have had Artie Burns at CB from the U and Cody Whitehair in the 2nd (who I really wanted) instead of Tunsil (who's looking like a bust at LT) and Howard (who has yet to sniff an interception). Hindsight I guess. We also could have not made the trade with the Eagles and ended up with Eli Apple at CB who a lot on here wanted.

Cody Whitehair is just another blunder in the long line of blunders this franchise makes a trademark of doing. Then you have fans who think as Tannenbaum and then talk playoffs with a 4-4 record.

Everyone apologize to Snoop for seeing this crap as an issue back in August but was Called out for being negative.

Everyone apologize to Snoop for seeing this crap as an issue back in August but was Called out for being negative.

Lol no need, I'm not that petty. If I really wanted to be petty I'd up that Branch signing thread, lotta gems in that bitch

You are playing the result though. Howard is a starting caliber cb and we needed one. So...

Playing the result? Nonsense, I am ardent believer in drafting from the inside out. I also live in BIG 12 Country, specifically KST backyard. I know Bill Snyder has a way of developing offensive lineman. I also know Whitehair was the highest rated guard in the draft who slipped to the early second.

Sorry but unlike some of you, I haven't liked the offensive line in decades. It's been built with odds and ends and the results speak for themselves. Again, I take the highest rated interior lineman over a chance to develop a Big 12 corner. Inside/out.

Also, not taking the #1 rated Guard (BPA) over the 6th CB taken in the draft was just plain dumb. And this team is still paying for decisions like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom