Handling of Noah Igbinoghene an example of Dolphins’ long-term process | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Handling of Noah Igbinoghene an example of Dolphins’ long-term process

I thought Daniel Jeremiah had an excellent summation of Noah entering that draft. Jeremiah said it was an extremely difficult forecast because Noah has first round ability but late round production.

That's exactly what I saw. You have to be able to find the football and play the football. That's what allows Xavien Howard to outperform his ability level. Noah is the polar opposite. Looking great running alongside the receiver is hardly production. I think that mistake is still being made by too many analysts and coaches and scouts.

Who cares if Noah shadowed Devonta Smith in college? Why should Alabama throw it there when they've got so many other elite receivers and an offense creating mismatches? The mistake was believing that if Alabama did throw it there that Noah would make the play. He showed no indications of that in college and nothing changed as a rookie. In the NFL the quarterbacks will make that throw. They realize that shadowing is not covered. They don't have three other guys prancing wide open.

Noah should improve this year. There is no question that NFL defenses suffered last season without fans and therefore no home field advantage. Road teams won more games than home teams for the first time in NFL history. That frenzied home crowd allows defenses to thrive when the opposing quarterback is rattled and on tilt.

But I would really like to get away from this tendency of drafting so many guys with high picks who lack ideal frames and skill set for the position. We don't know if Robert Hunt is a guard or tackle because he looks like neither one. We had to draft an edge guy early partially because our #1 and #2 picks from the two prior years Wilkins and Davis offer very little interior pass rush. Noah plays small and can't find the ball. Of course it all rides on Tua and whether he's a physical match to the league. One big Yes there and everything else can be No

Back
Top Bottom