Harris will be to the DL what James was to the OL: pure MEH. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris will be to the DL what James was to the OL: pure MEH.

So what athletic limitations does Harris have? I bet youre looking at combine numbers instead of actually watching him play.

And what defensive end other than ****ing myles garrett is great against the pass and the run?

Harris has one of the best motors in this draft and is probably the most complete pass rusher other than garrett.

Horrible thread. Absolutely ****ing horrible

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Also, I trust a room full of NFL scouts over some Joe's on an internet forum. Sorry, not sorry.

Ah.

C'mon man.

Same tired old take that's been making excuses for Fins talent acquisition for years. Just another iteration of "THE FRONT OFFICE KNOWS BEST SO SHUT-UP!"

I'm glad you're thrilled to spend another high draft pick to develop a player with question marks. Pay him to play part time for two years. In time to overpay or lose.

And not help the run D.

Glad you're thrilled about that. But I'd like the Fins to be great sometime in my lifetime.

LD

He's got the best get off bar none. It'll be like watching 2 Wakes on passing downs. Looks like they're fully committed to the wide 9.

Smart choice, if they somehow get McDowell...look the phuck out!

For our situation, its not the best pick. We definitely needed a three-down player or at least someone to challenge Branch for playing time. So I can understand where some of the disdain is coming from.

On the other hand, I can't be upset. Its our first year with a new DC and I trust Gase and the FO.

Look Harris is a Miami Dolphin now so obviously - as fans - we're all holding out hope for the best. If he turns into Dwight Freeney 2.0 then I highly doubt anyone is going to be down on the pick.

That said, people denying that this is indeed a bit of a head scratcher pick in a lot of ways seem a bit out of touch. Terrible against the run, for a team that is consistently gashed against the run? Questionable commitment to football at 22 overall? There are definitely some concerns there and lots of high quality players at positions of need were available.

Here's to hoping Harris and can internalize the best of both Wake and Hayes and develops quickly.

He's got the best get off bar none. It'll be like watching 2 Wakes on passing downs. Looks like they're fully committed to the wide 9.

Smart choice, if they somehow get McDowell...look the phuck out!
Would take our B draft to an A+. He's most likely gone early tomorrow.

Ah.

C'mon man.

Same tired old take that's been making excuses for Fins talent acquisition for years. Just another iteration of "THE FRONT OFFICE KNOWS BEST SO SHUT-UP!"

I'm glad you're thrilled to spend another high draft pick to develop a player with question marks. Pay him to play part time for two years. In time to overpay or lose.

And not help the run D.

Glad you're thrilled about that. But I'd like the Fins to be great sometime in my lifetime.

LD

How is a guy with elite pass rushing moves a developmental player?

AND MIAMI SIGNED WILLIAM ****ING HAYES, THE BEST RUN STOPPING DE IN THE NFL

Whatever.

Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

New regime but same MO of picking, it seems like.

Maybe Tannenbaum will leave in five years, after consigning Miami to five more years of mediocrity and causing Phins to need a new coach.

Maybe then Miami will be able to assemble a roster that strong up the middle on O and D, holds the edge on D and can defend all over the field.

Gonna be a long season guys. Branch and Harris the big money guys on DL. And Pouncey counted on up the middle after another off-season of losing core strength. And Bushrod and another scrub to protect the middle of the line on O. And non-run defenders on the roster again -- front seven will be in bottom 4th in run D.

And secondary bottom 4th in defending middle of field and quick hits.

It's discouraging, sometimes, to be a Phin fan.

LD

So Miami was supposed to fix all what you consider subpar positions with the 22nd pick? Interesting choice of looking at it.

How is a guy with elite pass rushing moves a developmental player?

AND MIAMI SIGNED WILLIAM ****ING HAYES, THE BEST RUN STOPPING DE IN THE NFL

So you're mixing in Hayes with Harris to create a player that doesn't exist?

C'mon man.

And you're rating Hayes too highly. Plus it's a one year rental. That's it. IF indeed Hayes shows up at all, Miami is out of luck again.

LD

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

So Miami was supposed to fix all what you consider subpar positions with the 22nd pick? Interesting choice of looking at it.

Not at all.

I was just hoping for a COMPLETE player at a point of need. Or simply BPA.

LD

James was pretty much universally seen as a reach at the time, though it was a reach that was still somewhat understandable given the dire need of the OL. He's our second worst lineman right now but it seems like he's worse now than his first couple of years where he was usually solid if not spectacular. I don't see any expert labeling this pick as a reach, maybe not a sure thing, but he's a guy who was considered a legitimate prospect in a very deep position group this year and some think he would have been drafted higher in other years if there weren't so many DE's this draft.

We wouldn't have been happy regardless. Conley has rape allegations, Peppers isn't much of an impact defender, Takk would have been interesting but his comments would have turned some fans off, White is a #2 CB at best, Taco is more raw than Harris, we already have a TE, Watt is more of a 3-4 OLB, Foster has a ton of issues, and we don't need another tackle.

So you're mixing in Hayes with Harris to create a player that doesn't exist?

C'mon man.

And you're rating Hayes too highly. Plus it's a one year rental. That's it. IF indeed Hayes shows up at all, Miami is out of luck again.

LD

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Not at all.

I was just hoping for a COMPLETE player at a point of need. Or simply BPA.

LD

No, I'm not rating Hayes too highly. He was rated as the best run stopping DE in the NFL.

Pass rushing talent is at a premium in the NFL. Teams desperately covet it. Miami gets one of the best pass rushers in the draft and people bitch that "he's not going to start".

How about instead of looking at his 40 time you watch him play a little bit and see his effectiveness at DE? Or maybe take into account that a player "starting" means nothing, snap count does.

But did you also forget that Miami has zero pass rushers other than 35 year old Cameron Wake?

No, you're probably meddling in the petty ****ing details of day one impact rather than career long impact.

So becuase Harris isn't great against the run means he's completely useless as a DE? Oh, ok.

Since it's so easy to teach premier pass rushing to a DE, let's just turn Terrence Fede into a pass rusher.

Back
Top Bottom