Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

No matter what your opinion/outlook is for Tua going foward... I dont remember a rookie QB getting this kind of negative attention from the media after that kind of rookie season... I mean Sam ****ing Darnold who hasnt sniffed Tua's production after 3 seasons is mostly believed to be a major breakout candidate by mainstream media...

They aren't necessarily lying. Its just that they are basing their current opinions off 9f current results.

The rest of the world doesn't see Tua through aqua tinged glasses.

We all hope that with a healthy and improved receiver core, a year of experience and a full offseason he will light it up this year.

People not affiliated with the franchise in some way aren't going to just assume that happens until it does.

Damn I’m all for Tua but this guy is trying to compare what Allen did in comp to Tua wk 17. Ahh.. Allen played half the game guy.

The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.

Writer of article is engaging in pure speculation. Laying out another " I heard a some people say" argument. Literally writes "true or not" after maligning others for "lying". " Doing the same as Bayless et al in an attempt to stir up controversy, inflame people, etc to get clicks,.

"True or not, maybe not for the sports writers and sports personalities mentioned in this article, but maybe for some, the reason could very well be politically motivated. Tua is a firm believer in his Christian faith and sometimes associates himself with those of strong conservative views off the field. For those that know Tua, they know he is humble and kind enough that he would make friends with anyone that needs a friend, and even be a friend to the friendless."

The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.
Yeah didnt like the title either... Are they biased or something like that would've been better IMO...

No matter what your opinion/outlook is for Tua going foward... I dont remember a rookie QB getting this kind of negative attention from the media after that kind of rookie season... I mean Sam ****ing Darnold who hasnt sniffed Tua's production after 3 seasons is mostly believed to be a major breakout candidate by mainstream media...

Maybe, there aren't any ghost's in Charlotte? /s

Edit - To be fair, Gase isn't in Charlotte either.

There is some articles that just by reading the headline, you know its a waste of time. The headline is total click bait. Whether inside is turth or not, not worth my time.

Goes to show that the media, sports analysts, and even fans, base their opinions on the current year. Thats why as Dolphin fans, we should support Tua, even if you didnt like how he performed. Moreover even if you dont like him.

“Whether true or not, maybe not for the sports writers and sports personalities mentioned in this article, but maybe for some, the reason could very well be politically motivated. Tua is a firm believer in his Christian faith and sometimes associates himself with those of strong conservative views off the field. For those that know Tua, they know he is humble and kind enough that he would make friends with anyone that needs a friend, and even be a friend to the friendless.

For those that don’t like that, it becomes a personal issue with them, despite it being his right to do so or not or even how good of a person Tua may be to them or anyone else.”

We have a few of our own FH faithful who said Tua was to clean for their liking

As tho it has anything to do with football

great write up. alot of good stuff i didnt know within his comparison section

https://aquathirteen.com/has-sports-media-being-lying-about-tua-tagovailoa

The problem I have in addition to Feverdreams astute observations, is that the quality of the article (such as it was) was also diminished by it's grating 'had went's and erroneous 'whom's demonstrating the author's utter ignorance of proper English grammar.
e-circular file.

Back
Top Bottom