Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

The individuals in the media try to one up each other. So if one of the so called experts question Tua as an NFL QB, others jump on board to question Tua too.
Yet none of them point out that Peyton Manning was terrible as a rookie. That it took John Elway 4 years in the league before he was even an average QB.
‘The Falcons traded away Farve because they didn’t feel he would be an effective starter for them. The Chargers drafted another QB to replace Brees because they were convinced he wasn’t the long term answer for them at the QB position.

The reality is that the vast majority of rookie QB’s struggle in their first year in the league. So anyone listening to the so called experts who have already decided Tua will be a bust just need to wait and see how Tua develops over the next 2 years. Only then will we be able to determine if Tua is the long term QB solution for the Dolphins or not.

The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.
Voice of reason. Modern day “journalism”. When it comes to sporting evaluations it’s hard to be lying about something inherently subjective.

It’s interesting to see how many threads get hijacked By whatever means when the content is pro Tua

See above for an example View attachment 80834
You believe in the vengeful Old Testament god then?

More ppl commented on writing quality, and perception of the word lying than anything else.

How many times can the same posters say the same things with regards to Tua before it gets tired?

Who cares Rev it's the off season and little to talk about :shrug:

When football begins we will get tighter with the rules and merge all the similar threads on both sides

I'm old enough to remember the days, when the media bashed Miami for tanking. Where did they all go? Every big mouthed TV talking head, had Miami in its crosshairs.

Now the focus is on Tua, they'll all crawl back into their holes, soon enough.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember the days, when the media bashed Miami for tanking. Where did they all go? Every big mouthed TV talking head, had Miami in its crosshairs.

Now the focus is on Tua, they'll all crawl back into their holes, soon enough.
Yeah right?

Ppl calling for an investigation by the league, etc.

I don't expect any apologies.

Who cares Rev it's the off season and little to talk about :shrug:

When football begins we will get tighter with the rules and merge all the similar threads on both sides
I don’t want to see Tua’s threads merged - ever

Those who hijack Tua threads kno who they are - pretty obvious - it is what it is - one thing gonna change that

When he balls out they will disappear or change their user name and find something or someone else to attack

The problem I have in addition to Feverdreams astute observations, is that the quality of the article (such as it was) was also diminished by it's grating 'had went's and erroneous 'whom's demonstrating the author's utter ignorance of proper English grammar.
e-circular file.
My criticism of grammar is justified to support the lack of journalistic quality, not only of content, but style.
There is no excuse for such woeful ignorance of English in an article presumably written by a 'professional' journalist.
To apply such a lofty standard to ordinary sports fans, often half in the bag on gameday threads, would be a fools errand.
So no one does.

Back
Top Bottom