Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

My criticism of grammar is justified to support the lack of journalistic quality, not only of content, but style.
There is no excuse for such woeful ignorance of English in an article presumably written by a 'professional' journalist.
To apply such a lofty standard to ordinary sports fans, often half in the bag on gameday threads, would be a fools errand.
So no one does.
20 posts since 2019 and this is what you want to biatch about?

You post once a month since you signed up and this is what matters to you???

Grammar how exciting

No matter what your opinion/outlook is for Tua going foward... I dont remember a rookie QB getting this kind of negative attention from the media after that kind of rookie season... I mean Sam ****ing Darnold who hasnt sniffed Tua's production after 3 seasons is mostly believed to be a major breakout candidate by mainstream media...
Yeah all of Darnold’s shortcomings is blamed on the Jets being incompetent…which is hard to argue.

Tua is getting judged prematurely, which could also be viewed as unfairly.

I think he's going to be fine, but that's the fun that awaits us this season, right?

Besides, to paraphrase the article's author:
'Whom among us had went and throwed a first stone... at whomevers house.. should have a pox'.

PS. I hope to see him vs Daniel Jones Dec 5 as I have three FINE tickets to the Giants game @Hardrock Stadium!

No matter what your opinion/outlook is for Tua going foward... I dont remember a rookie QB getting this kind of negative attention from the media after that kind of rookie season... I mean Sam ****ing Darnold who hasnt sniffed Tua's production after 3 seasons is mostly believed to be a major breakout candidate by mainstream media...
It's crazy. It's as if Tua had 5 touchdowns and 11 interceptions and completed less than 50 percent of his passes.

No question Tua needs to improve, and his rookie year wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

I think you can argue that it was better than Josh Allen's rookie campaign as well. And probably with less talent than Allen had in Buffalo.

Anyway, I think it comes down to having extremely high, maybe even unrealistic expectations for Tua media- wise. That can happen when a quarterback has had the kind of success he had at Alabama.

20 posts since 2019 and this is what you want to biatch about?

You post once a month since you signed up and this is what matters to you???

Grammar how exciting

We do not call out fellow posters Rev

Don't do that my friend

The problem I have in addition to Feverdreams astute observations, is that the quality of the article (such as it was) was also diminished by it's grating 'had went's and erroneous 'whom's demonstrating the author's utter ignorance of proper English grammar.
e-circular file.
I blame that on haphazard editing or lack completely thereof . Rub stamp it and send it to print.

That 10-6 revord last yr. Is only going put more pressure on Tua..idk what going happened..our schedule is tough..first five games ain't easy.Tua is top pick. he must step his game up to another level.we will see what happens...got too be able handle pressure..on field and off field...that what makes QB good or bad..

Last edited:
We will see or time will tell story on Tua...he was not bad but he was ok...only thing dolphins can do put lot talent around him..and see what happens

Last edited:
This shouldn't come with any surprise. It is the animosity that some qb's get when playing for national teams. Add Justin Herbert to the mix, and you are going to have deeper criticism from the same news media. I just hope mac jones get's the same media critiques that Tua did, but we all know he won't because he will be playing for America's team.

This shouldn't come with any surprise. It is the animosity that some qb's get when playing for national teams. Add Justin Herbert to the mix, and you are going to have deeper criticism from the same news media. I just hope mac jones get's the same media critiques that Tua did, but we all know he won't because he will be playing for America's team.
America's team?......lol.

I would say, among the football knowledgable in general they are a hated team.

Don't let the media fool you.

The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.
The media shouldn't have an opinion. Sure, they can have a take for a reason to have a conversation but real journalists don't report their opinion. They report what happened. Once we get into the editorials which are what all of those are and those editorial opinions being comingled into the news we get this problem. Tua was what he was last year. Frame it however you like. However, the media has put together an anti-Tua agenda lately and they are bashing him quite a bit. Some of that is deserved due to things like the "I didn't know the playbook" comment and then some others are simply highlighting the negative without reporting the positive. A perfect example is practice one in a storm throwing 5 Ints zero TDS led many headlines Dolphins related. However, you then had to hunt for the information on the fact that he came back out there the next day and threw 6 TDs and zero INTS. The media doesn't want to tell the whole story because that second day negates their stance that he's not good. The media shouldn't flavor the tea but they decide to. It's becoming quite agitating. TELL THE WHOLE STORY.

The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.
I like how taking the time to establish that Tua performed better than some choose to paint the picture is, to you, embarrassing. God forbid that someone takes the time to isolate how he isn't the trash that Simms, Omar, Florio, and the Co-owner of PFF Colinsworth want to pretend he is. he was a rookie. We all need to just let his second-year play out. If we're true fans we want him to succeed. He is after all the QB of the Dolphins.

Regarding the descent into grammar police comments, come on people. It's a football fan site.

When a PROFESSIONAL reporter produces grammatically sloppy work it necessarily diminishes the respect one gives to the quality of the content.
Posts on message boards are immune from this criticism as they are akin to text messages, but published articles are not.
End. Of. Subject.

..GO DOLPHINS!!!

When a PROFESSIONAL reporter produces grammatically sloppy work it necessarily diminishes the respect one gives to the quality of the content.
Posts on message boards are immune from this criticism as they are akin to text messages, but published articles are not.
End. Of. Subject.

..GO DOLPHINS!!!
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Back
Top Bottom