Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has The Sports Media Been Lying To Us About Tua's Playing Ability ?

The problem I have in addition to Feverdreams astute observations, is that the quality of the article (such as it was) was also diminished by it's grating 'had went's and erroneous 'whom's demonstrating the author's utter ignorance of proper English grammar.
e-circular file.
9BA0A807-BBDB-48BB-A410-BF4FBB65B8EC.jpeg

I don't recall even JaMarcus Russell or Matt Leinart among others getting as much scrutiny and criticism as Tua has received. I think part of it is Flores removing him several times for a pinch hitter but still, imagine if he sucked it up like the two mentioned :shrug:

Tua played like a player who had no confidence, a player coming off a major injury and a player who needed to get bigger stronger faster..

Thats what the rest of the world saw..

The rest of the world does not know what we know nor how to put those factors into its proper context.

s
The problem I have with this entire frame of reference is that this author conflates 'having an opinion' with 'lying to us'. In essence... denying these men the freedom to think for themselves. Saying that they are 'lying' is cancel culture in action. It demonizes writers with a different opinion...

It's shoddy thinking and a stunningly childish and amateur way to frame this discussion. I'm embarrassed for him.
Well stated and sadly indicative of todays culture on all sides of the spectrum. If you don't agree with me completely, you are the enemy. We don't appreciate diversity of OPINIONS. And FACTS are either portrayed in a skewed fashion to support an agenda or ignored. As a society, we are DEVOLVING.

Yeah, I'm gonna file this article under; life is not always fair. QB criticism goes with the territory. We all know the only way to stop the naysayers is to go out and perform at a high level. This is a big year for the Dolphins where we will see if our rebuild is going the way we all hope. We added some nice pieces on offense. I can't wait for the season to begin! Woot!

A better way to state it is that the Sports Media is over exaggerating Tuas playing ability, not necessarily lying about it...

Theres no doubt he played like a rookie its actually plain and simple. He made alot of mistakes, and looked even worse when coaches decided to remove him from games. As fans we knew he didnt play up to par of how we wanted him to...

Then comes the media, (actually alot of the media), blows it out of proportion, fans over react, then all of a sudden he is a bust. They forget it was only 9 games, and many start basing his entire career on it.

What im hoping is that the media is hyping him up in a negative way, because thats the impression they got LAST YEAR. Its making us fans feel the burn that Tua is actually gonna prove them wrong. Ive watched this guy as a young player and like many have already heard, he is a winner and has the drive to get better.

LETS GO FINS!!!!

Last edited:

Although no one cares, I believe if someone has a career/hobby using words, they should be good at it. I expect good grammar from a newspaper editor, not so much from an auto mechanic.
As others have said, the OP's use of 'lying' hurt the cause. Miami is like an addict having gone through treatment multiple times. Until success is proven, the default is 'we'll see.' This time Miami's emergence looks real, but I get the skepticism.

Although no one cares, I believe if someone has a career/hobby using words, they should be good at it. I expect good grammar from a newspaper editor, not so much from an auto mechanic.
As others have said, the OP's use of 'lying' hurt the cause. Miami is like an addict having gone through treatment multiple times. Until success is proven, the default is 'we'll see.' This time Miami's emergence looks real, but I get the skepticism.
I certainly agree in the case of professional writers. Sometimes I am baffled by writers (and editors who allow it) that can't even be bothered to run a basic spell/punctuation check in a word processor.

It takes all of about 10 seconds.

I don’t believe the word lying was necessary

His long list of rhetoric was quite balanced considering he can’t pass the grammar test

Simms and Leaf are well off the edge when it comes to Tua. They just say stuff

Yes Tua painted crosses on his face and that is going to leave a mark positive and negative he should have expected it

As I have said in the past in my opinion there appears to me be an under tow of jealousy when it comes to Simms and Leaf while the others like Bayless and Cowherd are looking for clicks - and they need someone to whip in the public

Kurt Warner, Dan Orlovsky and Trent Dilfer are also out spoken Christians who had varying levels of NFL success support Tua but keep there views about him a lot more moderately allowing the player to grow.

And yes I feel some in the media are trying to create a Tebow like feel around Tua but for all their efforts all they are going to get is what they see - he is a very nice young man his skill set is an embarrassment of riches and is something for the petty to get enraged enough about that the out themselves when they put Jaret Stidham ahead in any category let alone overall

Tua is not Tebow he is a good man but it isnt about his brand Tua is more like Russell Wilson Drew Brees Kurt Warner some wouldn’t even know they are out front Christians

The problem I have in addition to Feverdreams astute observations, is that the quality of the article (such as it was) was also diminished by it's grating 'had went's and erroneous 'whom's demonstrating the author's utter ignorance of proper English grammar.
e-circular file.
I just thought the comparisons were interesting. I didnt know alot of that.

Back
Top Bottom