Haskins Declares! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins Declares!

Yes. Absolutely. Sell the farm. Seriously.

If you believe this guy can be a franchise QB, you do anything you can to get him.

If these past 20 years have shown us anything, it doesn’t matter who you take with any first round pick. If you don’t have a true franchise QB, you’re not going to get anywhere

No, selling the farm is idiotic. Just look at RG3; where is he now! It’s so much smarter to pull a Colts or Browns.

No to a trade for Haskins... But yes to draft him outright.

I just want us make a dedication to finding a great QB... stop drafting a guy and naming him the franchise QB for the next 7 years while ignoring all other options available to you.

If he sucks after year 1 draft another QB.

Last edited:
I'm pretty high on Haskins and also a big fan of Will Grier. Would I be mad if we stayed put and drafted Grier at 13? Not really. So it makes it a tough call on whether it's worth giving up picks to move up to Haskins. I do think Haskins is more ready at this stage and could be a great QB at the next level. Either way we go theres 1 thing for sure, we NEED A QB

Nope nope. D Jones, Duke.

How can people mention Stick and Lock, and not Jones? Lol

Seeing Easton Stick's name pop up a lot. He's interesting, because he looks like he has an NFL caliber arm and that Bison team obviously does something right coaching up quarterbacks, but I feel like trying to fit him into the Carson Wentz mold is asking a lot of the kid.

Seeing Easton Stick's name pop up a lot. He's interesting, because he looks like he has an NFL caliber arm and that Bison team obviously does something right coaching up quarterbacks, but I feel like trying to fit him into the Carson Wentz mold is asking a lot of the kid.

pocket presence and an arm. I would prefer to take him if he falls to us in the 2nd round rather than try to tank.

Don't see Haskins as a good fit in Miami. Good QB prospect, natural passer, but he struggles vs pressure and struggles when the play breaks down.

sounds familiar, i'd pass if that is truly the case and I was in charge

sounds familiar, i'd pass if that is truly the case and I was in charge

He's better than Tannehill if that's what you're getting at, but I said it in numerous other threads: his bottom line is similar to Jared Goff's. Put him in a good situation, and he'll make some incredible throws. Put him in a tough situation, and he'll look pretty bad.

I'm really impressed by Haskins, although I have only seen him a couple of times. I think he will be the #1 overall pick. Obviously, Miami is competing with NY Giants, Denver and Jacksonville to move up. If the front office feels like I do, I hope they make the move. If a qb pans out, you never hear (or care) how much the team gave up to make the move. That said, the Dolphins are picking lower than all those teams so that complicates things.

I saw
I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing in Haskins. I saw him play twice this past season and was not impressed. I'd rather go Easton Stick in the second.
i can't agree more. I saw 3 compressed games on YouTube and saw nothing impressive about him. One was vs tcu I believe. There was much more that I liked on the games I saw from Grier. Im sure I'm not discovering the wheel here but you can pretty much enter any prospect name on YouTube and you can watch there snaps on any game in like 8 minutes

I stopped reading after this. I guess you missed the national championship game last year when Tua was a freshman?

Did he start that Nat'l title game? Nope.

It's clear I'm referencing his time as the starting QB. He didn't finish the Georgia or Clemson games. The only 2 games he was pressured consistently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom