hate that we changed the offensive line today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hate that we changed the offensive line today

terphin

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know Webb has been struggling but damn, this was week one bad today. Does anybody doubt that we need to draft a first rounder and pick up an established free agent at the minimum. The only guys I see going forward are Boehem(sp) Deiter and I guess Davis , but we don't have a chance with this group. Also a very mobile QB needs to be in our future

I know Webb has been struggling but damn, this was week one bad today. Does anybody doubt that we need to draft a first rounder and pick up an established free agent at the minimum. The only guys I see going forward are Boehem(sp) Deiter and I guess Davis , but we don't have a chance with this group. Also a very mobile QB needs to be in our future
I'd rather use high picks on playmakers (offense or defense), but if they burn one on a stud olineman I'll live.

I'd rather spend money on young, proven olinemen and swing for the fences in the draft.

Webb will likely be back with the injury to that lineman today. Suppose to have an MRI done tomorrow from what I saw in a tweet.

I like Boehm too, but honestly, I'm very impressed with the Wisconsin C, Tyler Biadasz. That guy is going to be GOOD. I realize C isn't a marquee position, but if he's available late round 1 or early round 2, I think I'd pull the trigger. We're probably drafting 3 OL, with one being in the round 2 or 3 area, another in the round 5'ish area, and another late (7th?). I'm also curious where that Oregon kid will go, his projections are wildly erratic, but he's a pretty decent OT, and he's got an all-draft name--Calvin Throckmorton. He's a LT skillset who played RT, so if we get a left handed QB, don't be surprised if we pick up Throckmorton as well.

This draft is going to be fun, because we have two bites at the apple just about every round!

Dieter is not as bad as most think. He is a rook learning with a rotating line. The issue is C. Boehm is descent but Kilgore is just awful. The misses on the o line today was K and Davis. We need Prince at RT. And I have 1c in the draft slated for Humphreys.

Miami has no one in the Front Office who can evaluate/recognize o-line talent outside of the first round, and IMO even their recent first round o-line picks weren't what I would consider tough and physically dominating! I'm sick and tired of seeing Miami's o-line pushed around and dominated by tough, physical d-lines, and this has been a major problem ever since Philbin took over the team and wanted finesse rather than tough and physical. Gase also went with finesse, and I was really hoping that Flores and Grier would have put more effort and resources into replacing Gase's ENTIRE o-line. I understand that they need to rebuild the entire roster, but it's impossible to properly evaluate offensive skill position players when your o-line can't stop anyone. IMO, they just wasted a year by failing to focus on rebuilding the trenches first!

I know we got overpaid, but we're paying the price for Tunsil not being here by having an historically bad running game and pass blocking so bad the young QB we need to evaluate is on the bench because it takes a particular type of QB to get pummeled ten plays in a row and then throw accurate downfield on the 11th.

I know we got overpaid, but we're paying the price for Tunsil not being here by having an historically bad running game and pass blocking so bad the young QB we need to evaluate is on the bench because it takes a particular type of QB to get pummeled ten plays in a row and then throw accurate downfield on the 11th.
except he doesn't throw particularly accurately downfield. I don't think Parker gets enough credit for what he did today. He got wide open several times.

Back
Top Bottom