hate that we changed the offensive line today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hate that we changed the offensive line today

The one offensive lineman that has impressed me this year is Boehm. He has been an exceptionally physical presence at times. But even with Boehm's moments, I'd still sign in FA/draft between 3-4 starting caliber linemen this year. My ideal situation would be having us draft one of the premier LTs in the 1st round and either Biadasz or Humphrey in the 2nd as our center for the next decade. Then sign one of the better LGs and RTs in FA, and let Boehm and Davis compete at RG.

No one mentioning the d? Having almost 40points scores on us at home against a just above average team is a concern no?

I know we got overpaid, but we're paying the price for Tunsil not being here by having an historically bad running game and pass blocking so bad the young QB we need to evaluate is on the bench because it takes a particular type of QB to get pummeled ten plays in a row and then throw accurate downfield on the 11th.

The major problem isn't LT

They played much better with Boehm at Center. Kilgore is back and they regressed, you tell me...
This started last week at Indy. Sitting in the stands up high it was easy to see the entire left side and Kilgore struggled to get any push and combined with Ballage's lack of vision, was/is a **** show. Davenport made it far worse yesterday.

It's a big part of it. Davenport/Webb along with Deiter who can get lost in pass blocking has been bad. I'm not at all sorry they traded Tunsil because you don't need a high end LT, but you can't have the combination of Webb/Davenport either.

I think what is difficult and what people don't always recognize is Grier doesn't deserved to be killed for this offensive line. You know that he built a team based on what Adam Gase wanted to do and there was no way in one off season he was going to make the flip to give Flo his ideal line. He traded away a good LT which stinks but added a number of players for Flo to mix and match to maybe find 1 or 2 pieces; I seriously doubt either Flo or Grier thought the answers where with this group of guys. If he finds a few pieces that work with his idea of a line then this off season has greater direction and can be executed far more effectively.

I think Boehm is a keeper and if you dont bring in or draft a center which tbh drafting one is my preference, he plays at C and honestly i think Davis is a keeper but you need to draft a T so he can kick into guard. Look for a T in the 2nd round or so and pick up a G in free agency, I will say this until he signs somewhere but Thuney our of NE will be a target for this FO. All of the sudden you built some depth with competitive reps this year for some guys and with your new additions you are far better off. Stop acting like it is some like 3 or 4 year project, gotta forget the past experience as hard as that is.

The OL is one of the biggest tracks on the tank that is steering this team to no where.
Pretty much 90% backup material. Not only backup but being played out weekly with little to no shot at developing much congruity, for which the majority and possibly being fair all OL men need to develop on a successful basis. No opportunity to gel and become more familiar with who and how the guy next to you plays. Constantly being adjusted and re-adjusted and also similar to the past 18 years we have mediocrity being replaced with more mediocrity and even less time to develop (as IF they could develop to a successful level anyway). This season it doesn't really matter and if the staff can be honest and look us in the eye and state they play to win, well lots of luck with the mediocre talent only a die hard Fin fan would justify and hope they know the BS behind that statement or we are really screwed.........again

IMO it is the most haphazardly area of our team tinkered with daily with constant filling of holes and even with my microscopic experience know that ain't gonna work no matter what level of delusion I prefer to believe...
We need to much to think of winning especially at this point in time as prudent. I mean possibly QB, reliable threat RB, Consistent WR one or two,,,,,, DL ,DE, LB, OL OL OL, and secondary.... I mean we probably don't need a kicker yet...
Play to win for what ? at minimum hopefully many of these guys will not be here next season at least not starters...
Winning tradition is a good thing ( from what I remember but putting lip stick on a pig doesn't make things better and for me a little integrity (whatever that used to be) would be welcome...
JMO

It's all a major problem, and by having one single solid guy on the line you could improve everyone else's play. But I'm not sure how anyone could have watched Davenport yesterday and thought LT isn't a problem anyway.

I like Boehm too, but honestly, I'm very impressed with the Wisconsin C, Tyler Biadasz. That guy is going to be GOOD. I realize C isn't a marquee position, but if he's available late round 1 or early round 2, I think I'd pull the trigger. We're probably drafting 3 OL, with one being in the round 2 or 3 area, another in the round 5'ish area, and another late (7th?). I'm also curious where that Oregon kid will go, his projections are wildly erratic, but he's a pretty decent OT, and he's got an all-draft name--Calvin Throckmorton. He's a LT skillset who played RT, so if we get a left handed QB, don't be surprised if we pick up Throckmorton as well.

This draft is going to be fun, because we have two bites at the apple just about every round!

Teams that regularly make the playoffs almost always have consistency at the C position. They don’t get the attention OT and OG get, but they preform the most important role on the OL. A good center is calling out block assignments, helping the QB identify the mike; generally improving the play of the entire line. Tyler Biadasz with our first 2nd round pick would be the steal of our draft.

except he doesn't throw particularly accurately downfield. I don't think Parker gets enough credit for what he did today. He got wide open several times.

Fitz missed a few throws but so does every QB. I'm as frustrated at fitz starting as anyone but even I admit that what he was able to accomplish yesterday, when the play of the line was atrocious, the running game was nothing, and the defense didn't do their part, was really impressive. This was the type of game that QB's like Tannehill get practically shut out in. Again, it's Fitz's unique position where he is playing with house money that allows him to take chances and play carefree when things are sheer garbage around him.

It's all a major problem, and by having one single solid guy on the line you could improve everyone else's play. But I'm not sure how anyone could have watched Davenport yesterday and thought LT isn't a problem anyway.
he's the worst I've seen almost tyson clabo style

Back
Top Bottom