Having seen what wins championships today, do you see that foundation here? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Having seen what wins championships today, do you see that foundation here?

YungRobbin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I personally think Tannehill will be a better QB than Wilson but aside from that I do not see any of the groundwork here. We don't have a RB on the roster that will ever be as impactful as Lynch. Our gamebreaker doesn't return punts or kicks and hasn't been used creatively to this point. Our team plays like our coach but to the detriment of the team, we come out flat and emotionless where as SEA plays hard and with passion.

The Seahawks are also one of the youngest teams to ever win a SB showing you they did it through the draft. SEA also is a defensive first team and I feel like alot our money is tied up in non factors and even our good players aren't necessarily big play makers. We need more playmakers period which is why I was so upset we passed on Tyrann Mathieu, some teams might have the luxury of higher standards but we were talking about a talented play maker who got in trouble for taking part in something thats legal in some states but not others.

All in all I think if Hickey does pan out we are still atleast 4 years away from the foundation I feel like SEA has set.

Strong running game and tough physical defense.

We have neither. Coyle runs a finesse 'bend don't break' defense, and our zone offense is finesse. This team isn't even 1/10th as physical as Seattle.

We don't play with their passion either. We aren't exactly an old team either.

These sorts of threads remind me of what one of my high school teachers and also the swim coach told me. He said being the swim coach was the easiest job in the world. All he had to do was yell "swim faster".

So just draft a bunch of dominant defensive backs, and make good free agent signings, and have a good online and a great running back and you're made in the shade. Well okay then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its simple, the Seahawks won because they were too physical for a finesse Denver team. They dominated the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins have to get more physical on both sides of the ball.

Thinking Tannehill will be better than a QB that just won the Super Bowl in his second season is homerism at it's best.

We got dominated at the line of scrimmage by far less physical teams. We made the Falcons and many other teams look like the Seahawks when we played them. Biggest point of emphasis in the offseason.

So if Tannehill was at QB today the Seahawks would've lost?

To be fair, the question should be would Seattle had even gotten there had they had Tannehill. I have no idea.

We have a good QB in place, so that is a pretty big piece of the puzzle. Continue to build around him on offense and improve the defense and things could come together fast. Not saying we will be able to compete with a team like the Seahawks next season, but they can take the next step and get back in the playoffs.

It's not Tannehill. It's that we get dominated at the line of scrimmage. This team is finesse with no passion. They play like zombies on the field and they get abused at the line on both sides. Tannehill would be a SB winner right now if he played for Seattle.

all this qb talk its a team game everybody including coaches have to be on their game

To be fair, the question should be would Seattle had even gotten there had they had Tannehill. I have no idea.

So many flukey things happen game to game that I don't even think that is a fair question. If you replayed this season WITH Wilson I doubt the seahawks get back to the big game. Football is funny like that. Its not like the NBA where because series are 7 games long more often than not the better team wins.

I personally think Tannehill will be a better QB than Wilson but aside from that I do not see any of the groundwork here. We don't have a RB on the roster that will ever be as impactful as Lynch. Our gamebreaker doesn't return punts or kicks and hasn't been used creatively to this point. Our team plays like our coach but to the detriment of the team, we come out flat and emotionless where as SEA plays hard and with passion.

The Seahawks are also one of the youngest teams to ever win a SB showing you they did it through the draft. SEA also is a defensive first team and I feel like alot our money is tied up in non factors and even our good players aren't necessarily big play makers. We need more playmakers period which is why I was so upset we passed on Tyrann Mathieu, some teams might have the luxury of higher standards but we were talking about a talented play maker who got in trouble for taking part in something thats legal in some states but not others.

All in all I think if Hickey does pan out we are still atleast 4 years away from the foundation I feel like SEA has set.

Outside of San Francisco I don't see any team similar to Seattle. It's incredible that Denver broke all the offensive records this year and then almost got shutout in the SB. This just means the defense is that ferocious.

Not even close. We might have the QB, but that is about it. Clueles owner, bad coaching, no o-line, no running backs, defense that can never make a big play to get off the field, no fan base that can fill up the stadium. In essence we are not close at all to being like the seahawks.

Back
Top Bottom