Having seen what wins championships today, do you see that foundation here? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Having seen what wins championships today, do you see that foundation here?

Thinking Tannehill will be better than a QB that just won the Super Bowl in his second season is homerism at it's best.

Lol please. The seahawks wouldve won today with any other qb in the league. lets just see where wilson and kapearnick will be without their great coaching and top 3 defenses. No doubt tannehill has much more ceiling than those two

Do I see that foundation here...... HELL NO.

Seahawks use PEDs. Phins hang out at Pouncey's place and do coke and heroin. One of those drugs help you win games, the others destroy you.

The only thing is that Denver had a bad game too. The Seattle defense is amazing, but I also think the Broncos just had a bad night too. I think if they could have a rematch, Denver would do a lot better.

Do I see that foundation here...... HELL NO.

Seahawks use PEDs. Phins hang out at Pouncey's place and do coke and heroin. One of those drugs help you win games, the others destroy you.

Adoral wins football games! Molly kills your organs!

Comparisons are silly, worry about your own stuff.

Its simple, the Seahawks won because they were too physical for a finesse Denver team. They dominated the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins have to get more physical on both sides of the ball.

This is why Ireland should've been fired with Sparano, and hiring Philbin was a bad choice. Ireland can't draft playmakers on either side of the ball, and Philbin is all about finesse. Philbin wants finesse on offense and defense, which is why o-linemen who could block previously couldn't block in Philbin's schemes, and why the 3rd ranked rushing defense that he took over is now the 24th.

By keeping Philbin, this team will be screwed for years. Hickey will bring in the finesse players that Philbin wants, and in a year or two after Philbin is gone the next coach will need a major turnover of personnel.

I was marveling at Seattle's secondary and thinking that we have Reshad Jones out there. If that's not worth a seizure of laughter I don't know what is.

That was gorgeous football. My favorite games are when the receivers are punished. Denver's top receivers didn't even want to turn upfield today. The Canes have been on the other end of that a few times, notably against Penn State in '86 and Alabama in '92 for the titles in both years, but I still love those games.

Seattle richly deserved this. They steal the vital 2-10% in all categories, beginning with the brilliantly designed stadium. They have great people in the key roles like owner, coach and general manager. We have clods or mediocrities, although I'll give Hickey the benefit of a doubt.

Tannehill is not close to Wilson. That was true throughout their college careers and it's carried over to the NFL. We have a happy projection and the Seahawks have a trophy. I was glad that Wilson hit some key passes during the second half, otherwise there would have been the predictable nonsense here that Wilson did nothing and was carried by his team.

I still don't think fans realize how good New Orleans was this year. That was a huge test for Seattle right off the bat. If they hadn't managed the big lead early, thanks partly due to a lost fumble, I'm not sure they escape that game, against a team with a +1.6 YPPA Differential and an excellent pass defense. Today was like cupcakes for Wilson with the bootleg plays, after both the Saints and 49ers had taken them completely away.

Pete Carroll needs to get alot of credit, he had a great gameplan, and the players executed it tonight flawlessly. Seattle was physical, more emotional, hungrier, came out ready to play. Look at how the Dolphins played vs the Bills and Jets, with a playoff berth on the line, Philbin and company have the team completely flat, no emotion, no desire, no hunger, no nothing. We got whipped by 2 teams with far less talent than we had, and out coached badly in both those games.

We have some pieces in place personnel wise, however with a coach who cant get the best out of his players and cant get them fired up to play an important game, also with a poorly structured front office and an idiot for an owner, there is not the right foundation in place here. We are very far off for contending for a superbowl, and as long as Brady and Bill are in NE, they will continue to dominate our division until we can put together a strong front office, and get in a head coach who can teach, bring out the very best in his players, and is aggressive. You saw tonight what an aggressive team can do. What a hungry, passionate, physical, determined team can do. We have none of those traits under Philbin.

To be honest, not all. Our defense can be very soft at times...pretty much the antithesis of Seattle's D. Defense wins championships, and until we get some tougher and more dynamic players on defense, we won't be hoisting up the Lombardi Trophy.

I was marveling at Seattle's secondary and thinking that we have Reshad Jones out there. If that's not worth a seizure of laughter I don't know what is.

That was gorgeous football. My favorite games are when the receivers are punished. Denver's top receivers didn't even want to turn upfield today. The Canes have been on the other end of that a few times, notably against Penn State in '86 and Alabama in '92 for the titles in both years, but I still love those games.

Seattle richly deserved this. They steal the vital 2-10% in all categories, beginning with the brilliantly designed stadium. They have great people in the key roles like owner, coach and general manager. We have clods or mediocrities, although I'll give Hickey the benefit of a doubt.

Tannehill is not close to Wilson. That was true throughout their college careers and it's carried over to the NFL. We have a happy projection and the Seahawks have a trophy. I was glad that Wilson hit some key passes during the second half, otherwise there would have been the predictable nonsense here that Wilson did nothing and was carried by his team.

I still don't think fans realize how good New Orleans was this year. That was a huge test for Seattle right off the bat. If they hadn't managed the big lead early, thanks partly due to a lost fumble, I'm not sure they escape that game, against a team with a +1.6 YPPA Differential and an excellent pass defense. Today was like cupcakes for Wilson with the bootleg plays, after both the Saints and 49ers had taken them completely away.
And there still is! :lol: ;)

Pete Carroll needs to get alot of credit, he had a great gameplan, and the players executed it tonight flawlessly. Seattle was physical, more emotional, hungrier, came out ready to play. Look at how the Dolphins played vs the Bills and Jets, with a playoff berth on the line, Philbin and company have the team completely flat, no emotion, no desire, no hunger, no nothing. We got whipped by 2 teams with far less talent than we had, and out coached badly in both those games.

We have some pieces in place personnel wise, however with a coach who cant get the best out of his players and cant get them fired up to play an important game, also with a poorly structured front office and an idiot for an owner, there is not the right foundation in place here. We are very far off for contending for a superbowl, and as long as Brady and Bill are in NE, they will continue to dominate our division until we can put together a strong front office, and get in a head coach who can teach, bring out the very best in his players, and is aggressive. You saw tonight what an aggressive team can do. What a hungry, passionate, physical, determined team can do. We have none of those traits under Philbin.
Leadership among the players is the mediating variable there, in my opinion, and it's difficult to have effective leadership among the players when you don't yet have the talent to inspire a belief in the team's ability to win even among the players.

This team needs an adequate quarterback first and foremost, and then we can start talking about emotional variables. Notice the quarterback laid an egg in the two games you're talking about, in which you're attributing team flatness to the head coach. On good teams, a belief in the quarterback's ability to contribute to wins in games like those is a foregone conclusion, and then the leaders among the players, fueled by their belief in the team's ability to compete at a high level, can inspire their teammates and generate the passion you're talking about.

Do I see that foundation here...

hellnaw_o_2997711-1.jpg

Tannehill is a start in the right direction, but we have a long way to go in other areas.

Back
Top Bottom