Hayes Done! Torn Acl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayes Done! Torn Acl

Gase said that he was trying to avoid putting his weight on the QB and the awkward landing that resulted caught his foot in the ground :(

....**** off Bruce Arians and Trent Green. Trying to say Hayes just slammed the **** out of carr, then ragging on us when we get the roughing call.

Anyways, really sucks for Hayes... and our run D

2 years in ****ing row...and these new qb rules are going to end up getting more DL hurt with awkward landings...its ridiculous

Would you rather Hayes be hurt or Ryan Tannehill. League isn't as stupid as everyone thinks.

....**** off Bruce Arians and Trent Green. Trying to say Hayes just slammed the **** out of carr, then ragging on us when we get the roughing call.

Thats exactly what they said. "one of them said right after the sack "Isn't that a penalty? Putting your full body wait on the QB"?
The other one said it looked like his right hand was on the ground so he was trying "NOT" to do it.

Its sickening. But thats football and we know injuries are going to happen. It sucks but thats how it goes.

I have been saying for years, just make it 2 hand touch on the QB in the pocket. You already have the 'in the grasp' rule. Just extend it to that and be done with it. People have accused me of being a jerk who wants to ruin football, but would you rather see stuff like this? That rule would help the defense, too.

Biggest problem I see is this: grown men are being sent crashing through another row of grown men, at full force, with everything about the play hinging on these men getting to the QB. Now, they cannot hit the QB in the same way they would hit anyone else on the other team, but said QB can dodge and scramble at full force to get away. Even if we enacted your suggestions, how does one claw, tear, and crash his way through blockers (much like the Juggernaut) and still get after the QB in the same manner without risking crashing into him? The dynamic seems too great to overcome.

That rule is so dumb... Messes up Rodgers ONCE and now the league needs to create a whole rule around it. Seems very difficult to avoid landing on a QB when sacking. Pass rushers have been almost complete negating by new rules. They can hardly touch the QBs anywhere.

Rules against wilfully driving the QB into the ground is one thing, but landing on him? Come on...

The thing with Rodgers is he didn’t have the ball which I think should be the difference between a penalty or not. Rodgers released them got hit and landed at on.

So the new QB rules cause a season ending injury. No surprise. Panzy league.

Wish Hayes a full recovery; he was playing great football. He'll be missed, but fortunately we've got depth there and I'm sure someone like Langford will be signed.

Back
Top Bottom