Hayes Done! Torn Acl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayes Done! Torn Acl

This is a tough one to understand. Guys get injured all the time, but in this case the new rules in place may have played a major part in Hayes injury. I'm not happy about these new rules, but until they adjust them penalties and injuries are abound. I expect Miami will sign Kendall Langford to the roster and perhaps Cameron Malveaux back to the practice squad. Branch could miss several weeks? So its looking like the LS on the PS's, time is about to end. Perhaps Miami looks elsewhere? But who is available?

Would you rather Hayes be hurt or Ryan Tannehill. League isn't as stupid as everyone thinks.

I mean QBs aren't changing something they gave been taught since pop Warner and getting hurt...these defensive players have been taught how to tackle for years

Injuries happen although this is a tough one... at least this is a position of strength. Time for Charles Harris to earn that 1st round selection.

Injuries happen although this is a tough one... at least this is a position of strength. Time for Charles Harris to earn that 1st round selection.

DE is technically a spot we have good depth at. Run stuffing DEs who we can kick inside however...he was one of a kind.

Not as big a loss as Sitton, but still big. We don't have a lot of injuries left before it becomes season crippling

We still have 4 DT's and 4 DE's. I'm not sure Kendall Langford is the answer because I'm not sure he has played 4-3 DE. Maybe if he offers more in the sub-package as a pass rusher inside. I know he is a 3-4 DE but that's not really the same in this defense. We still need a stout run defender at SDE to alternate with Wake if Branch is out for any amount of time. I think the addition would be a DE.

Perhaps Woodward or Malveaux get called up (maybe both depending on Branch).

I did see Godchaux playing some RDE after the Branch injury. But I'm figuring another combo DLineman, who can play both DT and DE, will get the call?

Horrible. HORRIBLE.

Hayes is a very good football player, but it's the way that he was injured that really bothers me. He was desperately trying not to land with his full body weight on the quarterback and he got hurt for it.

I'm steamed. Defensive players are getting hurt because the NFL only wants to protect quarterbacks. That's not right.
Yet QBs make more and more money.

I did see Godchaux playing some RDE after the Branch injury. But I'm figuring another combo DLineman, who can play both DT and DE, will get the call?

Thinking about this today, I think the initial answer is more Vincent Taylor (inside) and Charles Harris (outside). Clearly they'll need to add depth, but I think those 2 are now clearly in the spotlight with the injury to Hayes (and possibly Branch). I am actually excited about seeing more Taylor. Harris, however... man he better step up. First round pick, time to pay off in some way.

Back
Top Bottom