“he Can Take His’n And Beat Your’n, Or Take Your’n And Beat His’n” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“he Can Take His’n And Beat Your’n, Or Take Your’n And Beat His’n”

Lol. Cam Wake. Only 17 teams had an interest in him after winning back to back most outstanding defensive player in the cfl. He really found a diamond in the rough.

Redhead jones is overrated. Olivier Vernon has been bad with the Giants. Lamar Miller is a rb-easily replaceable. And ask buffalo fans how they feel about Charles Clay.

Ireland was absolute garbage. Trading ginn for a 5th. Moving up for Dion Jordan. Trading two 2nds for Brandon Marshall. Drafting a 23 year old college qb who has been underwhelming his entire life.

Signing Karlos dansby then cutting him to sign ellerbe.

Pat white etc

Reshad, Olivier, Lamar, and Clay's bank accounts disagree with you, and they weren't the only late round "diamonds in the rough" that he found and continues to find in NO...

Terrible?

I think Cam Wake, Reshad Jones, Olivier Vernon, Lamar Miller, Charles Clay to name a few might not agree with that.

Sure Jordan was an epic F up, but outside of that his first rounds were solid, albeit unspectacular, but he was far from "terrible" overall.

This team would have been better off just keeping him, even though it would have killed our brilliant fan base as he was and still is despised. Not like Hickey or Grier have done much better as I expected, but I do like Grier and am hopeful in the long run.

Cam Wake is the only special player he has ever uncovered and he wasn’t some secret. Half the league was in on him and he chose Miami based on the fit and the money.

And it wasn’t just Jordan. That whole 2013 with his “picks and money” was a trainwreck.

Reshad, Olivier, Lamar, and Clay's bank accounts disagree with you, and they weren't the only late round "diamonds in the rough" that he found and continues to find in NO...

Bank accounts have nothing to do with actual capabilities. You could be an average guy like Andre Branch all your career, put up a slighty above average season at the right time and market and become a top 12 paid player.

Like I said, let him evaluate the college ranks . . . Keep him away from running the show.

Cam Wake is the only special player he has ever uncovered and he wasn’t some secret. Half the league was in on him and he chose Miami based on the fit and the money.

And it wasn’t just Jordan. That whole 2013 with his “picks and money” was a trainwreck.

They all have bad drafts, check out this one by one of the best GM's in football (took Matthews over Landry):

• Marcus Smith, OLB, Louisville. 2014 Draft: First Round, 26 Overall. ...
  • Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt. 2014 Draft: Second Round, 42 Overall. ...
  • Josh Huff, WR, Oregon. 2014 Draft: Third Round, 86 Overall. ...
  • Jaylen Watkins, DB, Florida. ...
  • Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon. ...
  • Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford. ...
  • Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Bank accounts have nothing to do with actual capabilities. You could be an average guy like Andre Branch all your career, put up a slighty above average season at the right time and market and become a top 12 paid player.

Like I said, let him evaluate the college ranks . . . Keep him away from running the show.

Very wrong, OV got paid on the free agent market because of the excellent play he put on film in his time in Miami, these GM's are much smarter than you and I in regards to football (shocking I know), and OV would have been paid handsomely anywhere because he was a great 3rd round pick by Ireland.

Money talks.

Last edited:
Very wrong, OV got paid on the free agent market because of the excellent play he put on film in his time in Miami, these GM's are much smarter than you and I in regards to football, and OV would have been paid handsomely anywhere because he was a great pick by Ireland.

Money talks.

OV got paid more for being 25, a very athletic DE that stayed healthy, that the Giants gambled on to fulfill his potential on his second contract. He was playing opposite arguably the most dominant DE for 4 years.

He was a good pick, but he was never a special player.

Even Tannenbaum has a few good picks on his resume . . . .but his overall body of work is terrible, just like Ireland’s here in Miami.

Very wrong, OV got paid on the free agent market because of the excellent play he put on film in his time in Miami, these GM's are much smarter than you and I in regards to football (shocking I know), and OV would have been paid handsomely anywhere because he was a great 3rd round pick by Ireland.

Money talks.

I'm not an Ireland fan, but if OV proves anything, it's that a LOT of GMs did a poor evaluation. Glad both are gone.

OV got paid more for being 25, a very athletic DE that stayed healthy, that the Giants gambled on to fulfill his potential on his second contract. He was playing opposite arguably the most dominant DE for 4 years.

He was a good pick, but he was never a special player.

Even Tannenbaum has a few good picks on his resume . . . .but his overall body of work is terrible, just like Ireland’s here in Miami.

Demarcus Ware was a special player that Ireland reportedly "banged the table for" in Dallas, he knows what he's doing and is proving that in NO much to the chagrin of many Dolfans I imagine.

Can't wait until he takes over for Loomis...

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/03/saints_next_gm_jeff_ireland.html

Here it is from Wiki. Damn I love the one about Earl Campbell - LMAO.

• referring to Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula) "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."[10] He also said the same line about Bear Bryant.[11]
  • (referring to Houston Oilers quarterback Warren Moon) "That boy could throw a football through a car wash and not get it wet."
  • (when asked about Oilers RB Earl Campbell's inability to finish a one-mile run in training camp) "When it's first and a mile, I won't give it to him."

I forgot about some Moon Quote, and actually missed the Campbell Quote...Lol, GOLD....Pure Gold.

Demarcus Ware was a special player that Ireland reportedly "banged the table for" in Dallas, he knows what he's doing and is proving that in NO much to the chagrin of many Dolfans I imagine.

Can't wait until he takes over for Loomis...

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2018/03/saints_next_gm_jeff_ireland.html

And?

Joe Schad wrote an article about Miami being blessed to have Ryan Tannehill and his contract at QB after a few flukey wins. We see how dumb that looks now.

And the article you listed makes a few good points. Ireland is one dimensional . . .he needs to focus on player evaluation in the college ranks . . . .he is not a guy with the skill set to run the entire show . . . .similar to Dennis Hickey.

Very speculative article though from last year . . . Yet he still hasn’t had any serious interest in taking over a team in a role like he had in Miami.

Maybe Loomis and Brees will retire and he takes over and brings Tannehill with him. Guess you would really have a decision on your hands on who to root for as your favorite team.

Money talks.

Yeah everyone knows GM's are never wrong and clearly never hand out bad contracts. Everyone knows if you got paid big money it clearly means you were worth every penny and played up to it.

Like when Adam Archuleta bacame the highest paid safety in the NFL after signing with the Redskins for a 7 year $35 million contract and went on to play 7 games whole games after being benched.

Like when Antonio Bryant signed a 4 year $28 million contract with the Bengals in 2010 only to be cut during training camp.

Like when the Redskins signed Dana Stubblefield to a 6 year $36 million contract only to be cut after 3 years and accumulating on 7 whole sacks in 3 years after logging 15 sacks the year before he signed with the Redskins.

Like when Larry Brown got a 5 year $12 million contract with the Raiders was only the starter of 1 game and only had 1 INT after being demoted.

Like when Albert Haynesworth signed his 7 year $100 million contract and only lasting 2 years and starting 12 games before being traded for a 5th round pick.

Don’t mind him. He’s already admitted he’s a fan of the player and not the team.
Fans gravitate towards their favorite team early on in life because they are a fan of a particular player or players. It's pretty common for a fan to follow a player that moves on.

There are a lot of fan's that are not "team fans" but are "player fans", lets say like Lebron James.

It's also more common to cheer for an underdog which Ryan Tannehill will be.

When Ryan leaves the Phins I'll be watching him and hope he is able to succeed.I'm just hoping it's an NFC team.

It's more than likely your feelings might get hurt if a player you put the hate on so much may end up succeeding and making you look more foolish than you do now?

Yeah everyone knows GM's are never wrong and clearly never hand out bad contracts. Everyone knows if you got paid big money it clearly means you were worth every penny and played up to it.

Like when Adam Archuleta bacame the highest paid safety in the NFL after signing with the Redskins for a 7 year $35 million contract and went on to play 7 games whole games after being benched.

Like when Antonio Bryant signed a 4 year $28 million contract with the Bengals in 2010 only to be cut during training camp.

Like when the Redskins signed Dana Stubblefield to a 6 year $36 million contract only to be cut after 3 years and accumulating on 7 whole sacks in 3 years after logging 15 sacks the year before he signed with the Redskins.

Like when Larry Brown got a 5 year $12 million contract with the Raiders was only the starter of 1 game and only had 1 INT after being demoted.

Like when Albert Haynesworth signed his 7 year $100 million contract and only lasting 2 years and starting 12 games before being traded for a 5th round pick.

Albert Haynesworth was a f****** beast in a 4-3 in Tenn BEFORE he got paid (and decided he hated playing nose in a 3-4).

NFL GM's have their careers on the line (unlike you and I) with every move they make, especially the big ones, so they try and sign the best players available that they can with much more knowledge and information than you and I will ever have (shocking, I know).

Of course many mistakes are made because people f*** up, but players get paid on how they performed prior to signing their big contract, so money does talk at the end of the day.

I remember the entire NFL world salivating over Haynesworth's impending FA, that is precisely WHY he got overpaid, because he was a beast and a great draft pick by whoever made that pick.

On a side note, Ray R u the best lol.

Last edited:
Love to have him restructure as our backup if he’d be willing.. As I mentioned before, maybe Lauren loves Fla and won’t wanna leave..

Fans gravitate towards their favorite team early on in life because they are a fan of a particular player or players. It's pretty common for a fan to follow a player that moves on.

There are a lot of fan's that are not "team fans" but are "player fans", lets say like Lebron James.

It's also more common to cheer for an underdog which Ryan Tannehill will be.

When Ryan leaves the Phins I'll be watching him and hope he is able to succeed.I'm just hoping it's an NFC team.

It's more than likely your feelings might get hurt if a player you put the hate on so much may end up succeeding and making you look more foolish than you do now?
Really? I never said I hated the guy, but hey go ahead and put words in my sentences.. I wish him the best wherever he plays and have supported him up until the past couple of years. But I sure as hell will not go out of my way to watch him on another team. I’m a Dolphin fan first and foremost, not a fan of one particular player. If he plays well or if he doesn’t on another team I can honestly say i wouldn’t care either way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom