Heat-Pistons Predictions | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat-Pistons Predictions

nyjunc said:
Explain why he was just a mediocre NBA shooter before this year?

Damon has always been able to shoot the three. His career average is 39%. His issue is he cant do much else. But dont try and say he was a lousy shooter. Its true playing with Shaq has increased his average, just as Richardson and Korver benifit from Nash and Iverson. Any player who can draw double teams and pass is going to give their teammates open looks.

I brought you facts...you just ignored them because they made you look like an idiot.

:rolleyes: Your "facts" are telling me I am wrong while I PROVE you are wrong.

Nice that you didn't post his numbers from the Washington Series.....

That's b/c I quoted your post where you said he kept shooting the 3 well in the NETS series. Pay attention.

This is the final proof that you know nothing about basketball....The Lakers teams from the 80's played great defense and had the best defender in the league in Michael Cooper....Riley's teams always played defense.....how do you think all those fast breaks started? Yep...a defensive rebound. As for copying Daly....well....just making that statement makes you look ridiculous....they played COMPLETELY DIFFERENT styles of defense. The Pistons played a trapping 2 quarters flex defense...(which was borderline illegal since they didn't allow zones) The Riley Knicks teams and Heat teams played a matchup man to man and would try to funnel the ball to the weak side for their shot blockers (Ewing/Zo)....Please know at least a little about what you talk about.

They were not great defensive teams, they were good defensive teams but they were finesse teams. yes Coop was a great defender but that doesn't make the team great defenders. Check out the scoring averages of the Lakers opponents, it was well over 100 points. Offenses were MUCH better back then BUT they were not a great defensive team.

Last time I checked...Larry Brown isn't going to suit up....it means actually nothing...Coaches don't win championships...teams do. Was Jeff Van Gundy a better coach than Riley? Was Marv Levy a better coach than Don Shula? No on both counts.....the better coaches lost series and games to each other....

Coaching plays a big part and yes Levy was a better coach than Shula in the 90s. Maybe not his entire career but from the mid 80s-mid 90s Levy was a much better coach. Larry Brown is an all-time great and his significance should not be minimized.

Keep going.....I think Finheaven has a ******* poster of the year award that has your name written all over it.

Any objective poster who views this thread can see who the ****** poster is, if there is a least knowledgable poster you certainly have my vote.

Damon has always been able to shoot the three. His career average is 39%. His issue is he cant do much else. But dont try and say he was a lousy shooter. Its true playing with Shaq has increased his average, just as Richardson and Korver benifit from Nash and Iverson. Any player who can draw double teams and pass is going to give their teammates open looks.

I didn't say he was a lousy shooter but he wasn't a great shooter or even a very good one until this year. There is a reason this is his 7th yr in the league and he is on his 9th team and the only year besides this year where he shot 40+% from 3 was a year in which he only took 62 shots. Look at his %'s:

'99- 40%(only 62 shots)
'00- 38%
'01- 36%
'02- 37%
'03- 36%
'04- 36%
'05- 43%

Again, there is a reason this is his 7th year and his 9th team.

The last thing I will say about this for now is that Miami will beat Detroit in 5, just watch the game tomorrow night and you will see

nyjunc said:
:rolleyes: Your "facts" are telling me I am wrong while I PROVE you are wrong.

What Bull$hit.....do you practice this stuff?

That's b/c I quoted your post where you said he kept shooting the 3 well in the NETS series. Pay attention.

The guy shot well in the Washington series.....when they were closing out on him the whole time....you stand corrected.

They were not great defensive teams, they were good defensive teams but they were finesse teams. yes Coop was a great defender but that doesn't make the team great defenders. Check out the scoring averages of the Lakers opponents, it was well over 100 points. Offenses were MUCH better back then BUT they were not a great defensive team.

Look at their numbers as far as FG%...you stand corrected again....

Coaching plays a big part and yes Levy was a better coach than Shula in the 90s. Maybe not his entire career but from the mid 80s-mid 90s Levy was a much better coach. Larry Brown is an all-time great and his significance should not be minimized.

Saying Levy was a better coach than SHula even in the 90's...just invalidates any arguement you may have....if you said the sky was blue...we would need verification.

Any objective poster who views this thread can see who the ****** poster is, if there is a least knowledgable poster you certainly have my vote.

I have taken dumps more knowledgable than you......BTW....how come I have some that back me up and the only guy with you is the resident Heat hater that almost got banned for his wacky posts in the political forum? I guess I win again.

I didn't say he was a lousy shooter but he wasn't a great shooter or even a very good one until this year. There is a reason this is his 7th yr in the league and he is on his 9th team and the only year besides this year where he shot 40+% from 3 was a year in which he only took 62 shots. Look at his %'s:

'99- 40%(only 62 shots)
'00- 38%
'01- 36%
'02- 37%
'03- 36%
'04- 36%
'05- 43%

Again, there is a reason this is his 7th year and his 9th team.

Another ignorant post.....in the NBA you are rarely allowed to keep players for long periods of time if they are bench players...That is why the HEAT always has a great backup point guard that just happens to be a different guy every year......Jim Jackson is one the best backup Guards in the league...he has played on MORE teams than Damon....Robert Horry has played every single year for the last 6 years on one year contracts....Boy...you really don't know anything about the NBA....

Enough back and forth with you already......debating you is beneath me and quite frankly....you just are not very knowledgeable....my guess is that you are probably 15 years old and I am wasting my time.

What Bull$hit.....do you practice this stuff?

*Yawn* tpical knowledgeless response. You give heat fans a bad name, at least others are bringing something to the discussion to try to prove a point.

The guy shot well in the Washington series.....when they were closing out on him the whole time....you stand corrected.

This is your quote:

"Oddly enough when New Jersey adjusted and decided to play everyone straight up...Damon Jones still hit his three's.... "

That is why I posted the NJ #s, who stands corrected?

Look at their numbers as far as FG%...you stand corrected again....

Again you prove you haven't been watching basketball long. It was a different game back then and comparing #s of today w/ #s of then is as silly as comparing Alonzo Mourning to Bill Russell. Players today don't play basketball, they shoot 3's and dunk. Basketball was a beautiful game back then and offenses were much mroe efficient. I watched the Lakers very closely as a kid in the 80s and they were NOT a great defensive team.

Saying Levy was a better coach than SHula even in the 90's...just invalidates any arguement you may have....if you said the sky was blue...we would need verification.

It's not my fault you are a homer. What did Shula do his last decade? He lost 2 AFC Title Games at home, 1 of them as a HUGE favorite. Levy went to 5 AFC Title games and 4 SBs. Levy had to regroup that team every year after SB losses and he guided them back 4 straight. It was an amzing job and MUCH better than Shula's final decade.

I have taken dumps more knowledgable than you......BTW....how come I have some that back me up and the only guy with you is the resident Heat hater that almost got banned for his wacky posts in the political forum? I guess I win again.

Who has backed you up? Ferret is joining the discussion and trying to state some points, he is backing the Heat argument b/c he is a Heat fan and Nick is backing you b/c he is a Heat fan and no offense to Nick but he is very young and doesn't quite yet understand what he is posting(but I like his zeal and he's a good poster).

The dumps you have taken are your arguments, this is a very 1 sided debate. You have made yourself and other heat fans look extremely foolish.

Another ignorant post.....in the NBA you are rarely allowed to keep players for long periods of time if they are bench players

Do you believe the stuff you write or are you just making things up to keep this thing going? The man has been on NINE teams in 7 years! If he was any good he would have latched on w/ another team by now.

Jim Jackson is one the best backup Guards in the league...he has played on MORE teams than Damon

Jim jackson weras out his welcome and asks for more money so he goes elsewhere, Damon Jones plays for the league minimum.

Robert Horry has played every single year for the last 6 years on one year contracts....

I don't know if that is true but if it is he never has to worry about playing for a team(maybe now as he's getting old), he was a proven player making alot of $. Jones was a journeyman scrub barely in the league.

Enough back and forth with you already......debating you is beneath me and quite frankly....you just are not very knowledgeable....my guess is that you are probably 15 years old and I am wasting my time.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Check Damon Jones contract.

Minimum?

You have brought nothing intelligent to this thread. All you have brought is a blatant disrespect to the #1 seed in the east.

Every post comes with more and more disdain of the Heat to the point where it seems as if you are just so blinded by your biases.

Your clear lack of knowledge as to how the NBA salary cap works just makes it impossible to debate Damon Jones movement in the league.

I brought plenty to the thread and stated facts and links...you just latch on to the same stupid arguements.

BTW...how come you ceased to say that the Phoenix perimeter players had an easier time than Damon? Could it be that you even relaized how ridiculous that sounded when you typed it?

As for who backed up who...check the thread...CirclingWagons is hardly a heat homer and he thought you were insane.

Enough talking already...the games start Monday....I guess you will be gone from the board completely 5 or six games after Monday.... ;)

Check Damon Jones contract.

Minimum?

If he's not at the minimum he's close, there's no way he's making big $, he wasn't exactly a sought after FA.

You have brought nothing intelligent to this thread. All you have brought is a blatant disrespect to the #1 seed in the east.

Please stop w/ the nonsense, I have armed you w/ a plethora of information which should have tought you something about the NBA.

Every post comes with more and more disdain of the Heat to the point where it seems as if you are just so blinded by your biases.

You are just a homer(who probably just jumped on the badnwagon this year), I never said Miami didn't have a chance. I said they COULD win the series but if they do it would be in 7. You are a complete homer and act like they are the '85 Lakers after they beat 2 mediocre teams and had a poor record against the best teams in the lague this season.

Your clear lack of knowledge as to how the NBA salary cap works just makes it impossible to debate Damon Jones movement in the league.

Damon Jones is a journeyman who doesn't even make the mid-level exception.

BTW...how come you ceased to say that the Phoenix perimeter players had an easier time than Damon?

I never ceased, I didn't say they had an advantage w/ a great penetrator like Nash BUT it's still not like playing w/ Shaq and Wade. Quntin Richardson had less than a percentage point increase from not playing w/ Nash last year to playing w/ him this year while Jones jumped 7 %. Joe johnson doesn't take enough 3's, I know you'll bring up Johnson whose % went up but he takes half the 3's that Q takes.

As for who backed up who...check the thread...CirclingWagons is hardly a heat homer and he thought you were insane.

he said I was insane? Show me the post. I have seen alot of posters agree w/ me by the way.

Enough talking already...the games start Monday....I guess you will be gone from the board completely 5 or six games after Monday....

I will not run and hide if I am wrong about the series, there is no way this is a 5 game series unless Shaq is hurting and Detroit wins in 5. Good luck to you guys, now I am intereste when otherwise I wouldn't have cared who won.

nyjunc said:
If he's not at the minimum he's close, there's no way he's making big $, he wasn't exactly a sought after FA.

Damon Jones was signed for half of the MLE. It was split between he & Doleac. Doleac got a 4-year/$12m deal and DJ got a 2-year/$5m deal with an opt out clause for this year. There is no such thing as "close" to the minimum in the NBA. It's either the minimum, the LLE($1.6m), part of the MLE($2.5m-$3.5m) the full MLE(about $6.3m because S-Jax got the full MLE on a 6-year/$38m deal) or a contract starting at $6.5 million or more. Then of course the money hungry b-tches get the max..

X-Con said:
Damon Jones was signed for half of the MLE. It was split between he & Doleac. Doleac got a 4-year/$12m deal and DJ got a 2-year/$5m deal with an opt out clause for this year.

$2.5 million a year isn't exactly close to the minimum. The LLE is $1.6 million, so be sure to take that into consideration......

Thanks for the info.

nyjunc said:
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I cleared it up a bit......

nyjunc said:
I will not run and hide if I am wrong about the series, there is no way this is a 5 game series unless Shaq is hurting and Detroit wins in 5. Good luck to you guys, now I am intereste when otherwise I wouldn't have cared who won.
I agree but I wouldn't be COMPLETELY surprised if Miami takes care of business at home and splits in Detroit to go 4-1. Of course, Shaq would have to be the good ole Shaq for that to happen, and that is a big question. If Shaq plays every game, I'm gonna go with Miami in 6, but this could very easily come down to a game 7.

nyjunc said:

You were wrong...X-Con showed you just how wrong you were.

Please stop w/ the nonsense, I have armed you w/ a plethora of information which should have tought you something about the NBA.

:roflmao:

You are just a homer(who probably just jumped on the badnwagon this year), I never said Miami didn't have a chance. I said they COULD win the series but if they do it would be in 7. You are a complete homer and act like they are the '85 Lakers after they beat 2 mediocre teams and had a poor record against the best teams in the lague this season.

WOW...now I am a bandwagon fan... :rolleyes: WOW..the only way we can win is in 7? We might as well forfeit then. OH and yeah...I am a homer... :rolleyes: That's why I said that the Mavs would beat the Heat easily and that for the Heat to beat the SPurs it would take 7 games.

Damon Jones is a journeyman who doesn't even make the mid-level exception.

You were wrong...see above.

I never ceased, I didn't say they had an advantage w/ a great penetrator like Nash BUT it's still not like playing w/ Shaq and Wade. Quntin Richardson had less than a percentage point increase from not playing w/ Nash last year to playing w/ him this year while Jones jumped 7 %. Joe johnson doesn't take enough 3's, I know you'll bring up Johnson whose % went up but he takes half the 3's that Q takes.

Johnson doesn't take enough three's? He is in the league leaders:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/2004/...s/LeagueLeadersFG3AQuery.html?topic=0&stat=11

he said I was insane? Show me the post. I have seen alot of posters agree w/ me by the way.

Go read his post..he basically said you were nuts.

You don't wish us luck....stop patronizing. Watch this series...at least then you can say that youv'e seen the Heat play this year.

This is too easy.

Again you prove you haven't been watching basketball long. It was a different game back then and comparing #s of today w/ #s of then is as silly as comparing Alonzo Mourning to Bill Russell. Players today don't play basketball, they shoot 3's and dunk. Basketball was a beautiful game back then and offenses were much mroe efficient. I watched the Lakers very closely as a kid in the 80s and they were NOT a great defensive team.

First of all I agree with most of what you stated. I must however disagree with you about the 80's Lakers not being a good defensive team.Michael Cooper was one of the best defenders in the league at the time,Kareem in the middle redirected alot of drives to the hoop.The "showtime" fastbreaks almost always started with a defensive stop or steal and of course rebounds.The Lakers ran all the time, I don't know about great but they were at least very good defensively.IMO.

Just for the record...I predict Heat in 5...But the most likely outcome is HEAT in SIX.

Want an even deeper prediction? The series will be 2-2 and the Heat will win two in a row.

First of all I agree with most of what you stated. I must however disagree with you about the 80's Lakers not being a good defensive team

I didn't say they weren't good, I said they weren't great. They were good, a little underrated b/c of how good their offense was but they were not great.

Back
Top Bottom