Help me Understand why DE Is such a big need. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help me Understand why DE Is such a big need.

I dont get it.. We are paying alot of money to Branch and Wake to be our starters... why is everyone wanting to waste a first round pic on a DE who will not be starting? If the plan is to draft Wakes eventual replacement then groom a 3-4th rounder. We need to hit hard in this draft this year if we want to compete and need G & OLB to fill 2 huge holes right now that we have no quality starters at.

Because people have sipped the Jordan Willis Kool Aid and now have to follow that decision to it's conclusion.

I have my doubts...is this guy the same edge rusher that dominated Missouri State, or is he the
edge rusher who pulled a Harry Houdini against Stanford? I think the answer lies somewhere in between. This is unworthy of the title "BPA" and try to connect that untruth to fulfilling a need...not fully understanding what "need" denotes.

We could draft defense every pick, and hit them all...and still draft 13 next year....

You don't waste a 1st rounder for rotation. We have 2 huge holes at G and OLB.

I think you could argue that Misi is as good of an outside linebacker as Branch is a defensive end. on the other side Alonso is a solid linebacker and while Wake is a better de, he's also getting old and you don't want to put a heavy load on him if you what him to play his best. I would say both positions are positions of need. I would say there are more quality de prospects in this draft than 4-3 outside linebackers. Most of the top outside linebackers in the draft are really 3-4 types and more edge rushers than pure linebackers that Miami needs.

I hope the phins aren't so shortsighted to be JUST focusing on this upcoming season as far the draft goes. You must secure the pass rush!

I think you could argue that Misi is as good of an outside linebacker as Branch is a defensive end. on the other side Alonso is a solid linebacker and while Wake is a better de, he's also getting old and you don't want to put a heavy load on him if you what him to play his best. I would say both positions are positions of need. I would say there are more quality de prospects in this draft than 4-3 outside linebackers. Most of the top outside linebackers in the draft are really 3-4 types and more edge rushers than pure linebackers that Miami needs.
I call DE and LB equal needs. A quality guy at either one and I'm happy. Quality guy at BOTH and I'm thrilled.

Because people have sipped the Jordan Willis Kool Aid and now have to follow that decision to it's conclusion.

I have my doubts...is this guy the same edge rusher that dominated Missouri State, or is he the
edge rusher who pulled a Harry Houdini against Stanford? I think the answer lies somewhere in between. This is unworthy of the title "BPA" and try to connect that untruth to fulfilling a need...not fully understanding what "need" denotes.

We could draft defense every pick, and hit them all...and still draft 13 next year....

Had 5 tackles, a sack, a TFL, and a FF vs Stanford.

I dont get it.. We are paying alot of money to Branch and Wake to be our starters... why is everyone wanting to waste a first round pic on a DE who will not be starting? If the plan is to draft Wakes eventual replacement then groom a 3-4th rounder. We need to hit hard in this draft this year if we want to compete and need G & OLB to fill 2 huge holes right now that we have no quality starters at.

1. DE is one of the premier positions in football and offers great value in round 1. Especially when compared to a 2 down player like SLB.
2. Branch is JAG (The team does not think so but everyone would benefit if we can find a better weak side rusher to put him on the bench).
3. I would argue that we are in no worse shape with Larsen and Bushrod at guard than Branch at DE.
4. We currently need 2 players at SDE to play one spot and Wake is 35 years old.
5. DT is as great of a need as G or SLB.

I hope the phins aren't so shortsighted to be JUST focusing on this upcoming season as far the draft goes. You must secure the pass rush!

We averaged about 40 sacks a game from 2009 to 2014...did we win anything as opposed to 2016 when we had 33 sacks and made the playoffs.

I just want to see an increase of defensive speed. DE who can pursue, LB who can cover, FS who can roam. CB who can cover. DT who can penetrate.

Had 5 tackles, a sack, a TFL, and a FF vs Stanford.

When he was blocked by AT Hall (17th ranked OT in CFB) he was handled quite nicely. He'll face better tackles on Sundays...hopefully he wont be a Dolphin...unless at 54.

GM Grier and HC Gase had the opportunity to fix the OL in FA.

There was a real god thread about find starting quality young FA ol for cheap during the beginning of free agency.

Instead Greir and Gase spent the money on a 3 WR and rotational (at best) DE.

Add-in the clusterflock due to Caroo tradeup and yes spending a number 1 for a starting DE and really additional DE depth is a huge vacancy.

I just want to see an increase of defensive speed. DE who can pursue, LB who can cover, FS who can roam. CB who can cover. DT who can penetrate.

Yes!! We absolutely need team speed on D.

It's almost embarassing to see us having our SS chasing wrs down the field like the bada$$ he is.

Reshad was a godsend pick

Thank the football gods he's back

If we don't take a DE in the first round we will not be getting one at 54. None of the quality guys will make it. The best edge rusher on the board at that point might be DeMarcus Walker, and he would be a huge reach there. The only way I'm not drafting a DE in the first round is if Foster falls. Not even considering Reddick anymore -- he's a lock for top 15.

Back
Top Bottom