Help me Understand why DE Is such a big need. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help me Understand why DE Is such a big need.

When he was blocked by AT Hall (17th ranked OT in CFB) he was handled quite nicely. He'll face better tackles on Sundays...hopefully he wont be a Dolphin...unless at 54.

Because Stanford was the only team they played last year....

And Willis played quite well vs Stanford so I'm not even sure why that was brought up as negative.

It was sarcasm. Willis played well against a lot of good teams last year. In the Big 12 that features lots of passing.

It was sarcasm. Willis played well against a lot of good teams last year. In the Big 12 that features lots of passing.

I got your end of it, it was an indirect comment to the one who originally brought it up. :up:

Just wondering and I know it doesn't matter but I'll ask anyway. What's the highest anyone has seen Willis going on all the mocks out there? I haven't seen anyone from ESPN or NFLN that has him going top 25 that I can think of and most don't even have him in the first round so I'm just curious

Ozzy rules!!

If Charles Harris is there at 22 then there are going to be a lot of upset posters on this board. Guaranteed. The Dolphins are absolutely in love with him. I heard he's right after Foster and Reddick on their board.

Just wondering and I know it doesn't matter but I'll ask anyway. What's the highest anyone has seen Willis going on all the mocks out there? I haven't seen anyone from ESPN or NFLN that has him going top 25 that I can think of and most don't even have him in the first round so I'm just curious

Ozzy rules!!

I've seen him late in the first, also has to do with the needs of those teams in the later part of the round who are looking elsewhere besides. I've also seen him mocked to us in one as well. Might have been th PFF mock, IIRC.

Dallas at 28 is the highest I've seen Willis, but there are always at least a handful of players that teams have higher on their board than the "experts"

Other teams also reach for need.

Thanks guys. Like I said I know those mocks don't really matter plus as soon as we get two or 3 trades all those mocks will go to hell and then you really don't know who's going where. This is the year to draft a DE. Not saying reach far for one but someone should be there worth taking at 22. I hope is not Taco and I'm hoping for 3 or 4 QB, 3 WR's and 3 RB's to all go top 21 so that it'll push the DE's down

Ozzy rules!!

Dallas at 28 is the highest I've seen Willis, but there are always at least a handful of players that teams have higher on their board than the "experts"

Other teams also reach for need.

At the end of the day, no one cares in which round where a player is drafted. When it's all said in done the question is, "how will he be used and where does he fit on your team?".

Because statistically we were horrid against the run....not much better in the air either

Dallas at 28 is the highest I've seen Willis, but there are always at least a handful of players that teams have higher on their board than the "experts" Other teams also reach for need.
Nailed it. For those faulting Miami (with justification), a number of teams have players ranked higher than consensus and a number "reach" for need. Too many here want to think Miami is the only inept team in the league. For those hoping Miami drafts by THEIR evaluations/rankings, most should prepare for disappointment. My hope for the draft? No "reaches, no trades up, and position of need. Don't want ANY what-were-they-thinking.

You dont waste a 1st rounder for rotation. We have 2 huge holes at G and OLB.

Without some youth at that position we will ran out of gas at the end of games quite often, we have nothing to rotate in.
DE"s are worn out because we have no LB"s hitting the hole to help. Goes both ways. We need LB help immediately.

We need DE and DT depth and front 7 run stoppers in addition to pass-rush. That's why we should focus on position-flexible DL like McDowell or Charlton. They have the size to move inside and rush from there, plus they can set the outside edge on run downs. Both guys need to learn pass-rush moves but that's doable with coaching and mentoring.

It is so obvious.....

RW

Back
Top Bottom