Henne has improved no doubt, but where does he rank among AFCE QB's? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne has improved no doubt, but where does he rank among AFCE QB's?

Unfortunately, and although he has gotten better, Henne is currently the worst QB in the division. Who would have thought Fitzpatrick would be the second best.

Henne is playing like and is the 2nd best QB in the division. Even with the putrid job the Oline 'guru' has done in creating protection for him.

I liked what I saw Week 1 but both he and the offense regressed against Houston--despite getting great support from the ground game. With what you've seen so far, would you take him over Sanchez? Fitz?

well its certainly starting to look like fitgerald deserves more credit than hes ever gotten. its looking like he has the mind to develop into a pretty good QB. so well see. right now henne is a distant 3rd in the AFC east as far as quarterbacks are concerned. and certainly there is a case to be made that he is no better than 4th.

guess when you break it down this way it doesnt really matter how he compares to the rest of the NFL. its the division that matters. if you are the blue jays or orioles, you gotta beat the red sox and yankees or youll always be irrelevant.

certainly the same thing applies here for dolphins and henne. hes gotta develop into at least the 2nd best QB in his own division, or its time to move on.

henne has been given that 3rd year. so hes going to have every opportunity to show if he can develop. after 3 full years in the league what henne is will be a pretty clear picture.

Henne is playing like and is the 2nd best QB in the division. Even with the putrid job the Oline 'guru' has done in creating protection for him.

No knock on Henne cause i think hes played alot better than expected but i gotta give the nod to Fitz so far this season and put him just ahead of henne. Its not hennes fault his OL is the worst in football, our kicker misses chip shots and our D got lit up by Brady. NE beat an excellent SD team this weekend. Along with Balt and Pitt, NE and SD are the class of the AFC.

Fitz is better than Henne and Sanchez. Fitz does it with no one. Henne and Sanchez have weapons and continue to fail, the difference is Sanchez has the rest of the team to back him up, Henne does not.

Homerism at its finest. Henne has a 79 rating. Fitzpatrick has a 109.

There was an article on PFT this morning that forecasted Bradys, Rivers, Romos, etc yardage and other totals. They made no mention of Fitzpatrick however using their same law of averages to credit those QB's, Fitzpatrick is on pace to throw for 3,068, 45 TD's and 7 Ints, and one TD every 11 pass attempts. Controversely, Henne is on pace for a 3,809, 20 TD's and 13 INTS and 1 TD every 23 pass attempts. Yup, you got me convinced, Henne is the second best QB in the division. Has he improved this year? Yes.. He looks like a new QB.. But at this point in the season he isnt anywhere close to be the second best QB in the division.

Sanchez is terrible. He really is just a crappy QB. Definitely the worst in the division. Bottom 5 QB in the league no doubt.

Homerism at its finest. Henne has a 79 rating. Fitzgerald has a 109. Have another one.
If you don't count the 2 interceptions (why would you?), Henne has a 90 passer rating. While it's ludicrous to think that Henne is playing better than Fitzpatrick, he's still playing the best ball of his career.

True, I wish I had a QB who could just play caretaker for an elite running game and defense. Those QB's are rare to find :sidelol:

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Yup, and the offense sure lit up the scoreboard in the first half too :up:

dont worry bro all jets fans are homers anyways. dont know their head from the ***. sanchez is vastly overrated. fitz is vastly underrated. i had a jets fan on here the other day trying to tell me how underrated sanchez is. are u kidding me? thats why the dudes doing gq shoots and jets fans talk about how they wouldnt trade the guy for BOTH brady and aaron rodgers. and all they can ever point to is a couple throws in the playoffs. nevermind the fact he blows the rest of the time. nevermind the fact he had 15 interceptions dropped last year compared to hennes 1 (and no im not defending henne) just saying. his qb rating was still AWFUL even with that incredible LUCK. in fact you want to see how well he plays the position? go ahead and look again this year at espns QBR ratings - thats where u can fins him AGAIN at the very bottom of the league.

sanchez should be LICKING REXS BALLS (and btw i think hed like it) for managing him as a new york QB the way rex has. BRILLIANT job by rex. as moron o was bumbling the whole chad henne thing here in miami.

sanchez blows. he has mobility and he has arm talent. he isnt a quarterback yet. sorry jets fans. someday youll figure it out. and oh btw u HAVENT WON **** YET. u have ZERO BANNERS. no division championship. no afc championship. and no super bowl. in other words NOTHING.

talk when u actually do something. cause last i checked at least miami has a banner from a recent afc east title

To be fair, if you wanna throw stats out the window then throw that one out as well. Flacco's done the same with worse receivers. You can't pick and choose which stats you like.

The difference is Flacco has played poorly in postseason, Sanchez has not. Flacco has also won 4 road playoff games over 3 seasons and Sanchez & the Jets have won tougher road games.

Flacco beat Mia '08(weak), Ten '08(quality), NE '09(decent), KC '10(weak)
Sanchez beat Cin '09(weak), SD '09(hottest team in league), Ind '09(decent), NE '10(hottest team in league)

Bal has had plenty of talent, let's not pretend like they haven't.

Ok, dont count his 2 picks. Thats fair, but still lower than Fitzpatrick. Henne is playing better. Im just not sure its good enough. I mean last year he was just bad, so hopefully he can improve from bad to very good, and not just from bad to average. Average wont win us games. I mean 1 TD for every 11 pass attempts.. Thats got to be some kind of record.
If you don't count the 2 interceptions (why would you?), Henne has a 90 passer rating. While it's ludicrous to think that Henne is playing better than Fitzpatrick, he's still playing the best ball of his career.

Fitz is playin better ball tahn Henne these past two games - things change on the fly in the NFL - ask Philly - losing Vick

Sanchez is what held back the Jets the prior two years and will hold them up in the future - Fitz look like a stael in the 7th round - Buff has scored 10 TDs and the PATS 9 TDs so far so you have to give credit to them but they will have their hands full with Pats althoug the Pats sec looks chewed up already thank the Dolphins for working them over week 1.

Secretly I want Fitz to do well so they pass on a QB in rd. 1 - we need help in that area whether Henne is better or not... With KC and Washington all looking for a longterm solution our chances get better...

But your running game is the answer to why the passing game got off to a good start IMO

2009 Wild Card Game vs. Bengals: 12/15, 182 yards, 1 TD (just a sad game for Sanchez)
2009 Divisional Round vs. Chargers: 12/23, 100 yards, 1 td 1 int (not the best but run game was off the charts and he didn't need to do anything else)
2009 AFC Championship game vs Colts: 17/30, 257 yards, 2 TD, 1 int (Sanchez held the Jets back)

2010 Wild Card Game vs. Ind: 18/31, 189 yards, 1 int. (Lead a game winning FG drive against Peyton Mannings team)
2010 Divisional Round Game vs. NE: 16/25 194 yards, 3 TDs, 0 int. (One of the worst game of Sanchez's career. Barely beat the 14-2 Pats by 38-21.)
2010 AFC Championship Game vs. Pits: 20/33, 233 yars, 2 TDs, 0 int. (Held the Jets back, but 11 missed tackles on the Jets D in first half still deserved a SB appearance.)

Playoffs are when QBs tend to hold their teams back. Sanchez has had some great games in playoffs, but Dolphin fans just wouldn't admit it. Who gives a rats %%% anyways?

2009 Wild Card Game vs. Bengals: 12/15, 182 yards, 1 TD (just a sad game for Sanchez)
2009 Divisional Round vs. Chargers: 12/23, 100 yards, 1 td 1 int (not the best but run game was off the charts and he didn't need to do anything else)
2009 AFC Championship game vs Colts: 17/30, 257 yards, 2 TD, 1 int (Sanchez held the Jets back)

2010 Wild Card Game vs. Ind: 18/31, 189 yards, 1 int. (Lead a game winning FG drive against Peyton Mannings team)
2010 Divisional Round Game vs. NE: 16/25 194 yards, 3 TDs, 0 int. (One of the worst game of Sanchez's career. Barely beat the 14-2 Pats by 38-21.)
2010 AFC Championship Game vs. Pits: 20/33, 233 yars, 2 TDs, 0 int. (Held the Jets back, but 11 missed tackles on the Jets D in first half still deserved a SB appearance.)

Playoffs are when QBs tend to hold their teams back. Sanchez has had some great games in playoffs, but Dolphin fans just wouldn't admit it. Who gives a rats %%% anyways?

Great post. Just ignore. These fish fans are just bitter as their season crumbles so early. These are the same folks who said just a few weeks ago how good the Fins would be. As you can clearly see, this is nothing but a sign of frustration and jealously.

Unlike Henne who had 4 years of college and several others as an apprentice holding the clipboard, Sanchise was thrusted into a starting QB role after only one season of college football in the largest media market in the country. He has only excelled developing more and more each game. Keep in mind, this would be his senior year at USC.

So just ignore the fish fans. The rotten smell is the foul order of dead fish!

Back
Top Bottom