Herbert looking pretty solid…JS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert looking pretty solid…JS

A honest question for you. If Herbert was our QB today. Do you think that we would have won?

All things being the same just Herbert as the QB.
Nope, but the first time I saw Marino it was a loss, but even as a kid, I knew we had found a QB. I don't have that feeling now....

Nope, but the first time I saw Marino it was a loss, but even as a kid, I knew we had found a QB. I don't have that feeling now....

You’re not getting another Marino. You might as well find something else to do with your time if that’s your expectation.

You’re describing an outlier among outliers. You nor any fan of any other team will ever know they’ve found a QB the first time they see one.

It wasn’t the case for Elway, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Favre, Mahomes, Young, Aikman, or anybody else. Think about what you’re saying.

Nobody knows if Tua is the answer for Miami. But everybody knows damn well the offensive lineman aren’t.

You’re not getting another Marino. You might as well find something else to do with your time if that’s your expectation.

You’re describing an outlier among outliers. You nor any fan of any other team will ever know they’ve found a QB the first time they see one.

It wasn’t the case for Elway, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Favre, Mahomes, Young, Aikman, or anybody else. Think about what you’re saying.

Nobody knows if Tua is the answer for Miami. But everybody knows damn well the offensive lineman aren’t.

I know the line sucks Pach, but did Tua ever have to change the blocking schemes at the line at Bama. Is there anything he could do to help with changing his protection at the line or is it just a lost cause. I know Bama has the best of the best so didnt know if he always had a clean pocket or if he sometimes had to manuever his assignments around to give him protection.

But back to this post, Herbert has special talents BUT he's able to show case them. Hard to say Tua sucks when he's laying on his back. It would be so nice to have pretty things. Other than Herbert has the bigger frame to take the hits...if he was in Miami i think he looks like David Carr. Its just said that might be the route we go with Tua, destroy him before he has a chance to show anything.

Even a clown like Tanenbaum would have made the right pick. Grier needs to go

Tannenbaum was the only one I remember banging the table for Herbert. I give anyone who missed on Herbert a pass because there was absolutely no way you could watch his Oregon tape and see this coming. He literally never flashed.

I know the line sucks Pach, but did Tua ever have to change the blocking schemes at the line at Bama. Is there anything he could do to help with changing his protection at the line or is it just a lost cause. I know Bama has the best of the best so didnt know if he always had a clean pocket or if he sometimes had to manuever his assignments around to give him protection.

But back to this post, Herbert has special talents BUT he's able to show case them. Hard to say Tua sucks when he's laying on his back. It would be so nice to have pretty things. Other than Herbert has the bigger frame to take the hits...if he was in Miami i think he looks like David Carr. Its just said that might be the route we go with Tua, destroy him before he has a chance to show anything.

Tua was better than Herbert coming out of high school, and for their entire career in college. Tua had better coaches and better surrounding talent than Herbert. But that all flipped the day they were drafted.

For all the talk about Marino, he was drafted by a Super Bowl team that already had 3 pro bowl offensive lineman on it, and a proven legendary head coach. Two of those offensive lineman were Hall of Fame caliber even though Kuechenberg has been snubbed up to this point. Marino was 6’4” passing over 6’2” lineman back then. He went on to have guys like Webb and Sims to protect him. He had Duper, Clayton, Tony Nathan, etc.

As you can clearly see, not quite the same situation a kid like Tua stepped into. Marino ain’t throwing 40 TD’s behind the offensive lineman Miami has currently.

I watched Marino. People forget he routinely had 3.5 to 4 seconds to find somebody. The lineman Miami has now simply can’t block. There’s no RB or running game. No receivers to count on. Look at the coordinators he’s had - a retired guy and a couple of green youngsters.

What you’re seeing is basically the same thing Tannehill went through. Miami is a QB killer just like the Jets. Look at Sam Darnold now in Carolina. Look at Zach Wilson with the Jets.

Miami was a terrible place for Tua and I knew it from the start. Said it many times I hoped he didn’t go there. Tua will have to get a chance somewhere else to play up to his ability.

He has doubters as most QB’s do, but I don’t doubt his ability to play at a high level in the NFL. I just doubt it in Miami for obvious reasons. I know what he can do in the right situation. I just hope for his sake he gets the opportunity somewhere else before the imbeciles the Dolphins keep betting on
ruin him before he has a fair shot.

But it’s happened to many. Some organizations should be banned from drafting quarterbacks. No quarterback is coming in to save the people in Miami from their own incompetence. Watson can’t do it either, not any better than he did in Houston.

The problem i see is that Tua is the only one that ever gets held accountable. Not the offensive lineman, backs, receivers, defensive players, coaches or front office for their job performance.

There is no accountability in the Dolphins organization and it starts at the top. That’s why they’re not any good.

Herbert is looking real nice but San Diego's OL is miles better than ours. I am not sure he would fare well in Miami.

Just look at Brissett - this is a legit backup QB who could go start right now for a few teams. He had pedestrian stats at best yesterday. Yeah, he threw a back pick to shake the rust off, but after that I thought he did about as well as anyone could do in that situation. WRs dropping TDs, fumbling. OL grading out below C level.

Just focusing on the QB is really the most basic form of football watching. It truly sucks that so many people watch football for years and still don't truly understand how the game actually works.

Didn’t Herbert lose yesterday?

I’m not seeing what everyone else is with Herbert. A couple of wow throws a game and the rest looks like young Tannehill.

I’m not seeing what everyone else is with Herbert. A couple of wow throws a game and the rest looks like young Tannehill.
Well, he did win Rookie of the year. Broke the rookie record for TDs by 2 (30). And he broke the rookie completion record with 396. All that throwing the ball behind the only Pass protect O-Line worse than the Dolphins.

These are Miami’s records over the past 17 years:

2004: 4-12
2005: 9-7
2006: 6-10
2007: 1-15
2008: 11-5
2009: 7-9
2010: 7-9
2011: 6-10
2012: 7-9
2013: 8-8
2014: 8-8
2015: 6-10
2016: 10-6
2017: 6-10
2018: 7-9
2019: 5-11
2020: 10-6

That last 10-6 is because Tua went 7-3 in games he started.

Miami is 8-4 in games that Tua started. Look at those records over the past 17 years and think about it.

Then think about the fact he’s done it with a sieve in front of him.

They expect Kansas City Chief numbers with 5 guys that literally offer no resistance to the opposing team’s pass rushers.

And in the few plays he has had time, the receivers are wearing 2 jerseys because the DB is on them so tight.

Miami fanbase and media make no sense and never have. 🤣

Tua will probably be fine if he’s able to escape a bad situation and go to another team. Just like Sam Darnold.

There are no quarterbacks that come to Miami and perform up to the level they achieved with previous teams - whether it’s Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, Cutler, Pennington, Trent Green, Harrington, Culpepper, Frerotte….

Nobody goes to Miami and improves their situation. Nobody.

Likewise, no quarterback leaves Miami and doesn’t improve their situation.

It applies to coaches also.

Yeah, trade for Deshaun. What’s left of his career will go down in the flames of incompetence like everybody else.

I agree, Tua needs to get the fu_k on and continue his career elsewhere...

Let me stew in my mistake for advocating drafting him.

Back
Top Bottom