Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice

I will leave the analysis and projection of him to someone else. He has tons of physical tools but played in an offense that limited his skills and development. He looked uncomfortable under center but it is a totally new concept to him. And I will always find it hard to analyze a Big 12 or Pac 12 QB, the defenses there are not complex and a one read rpo style offense can dominate there. With the evolution of the NFL offensive scheme this isnt as big of a problem as in the past but still means there is a steeper learning curve than others.

Lastly, good lord does he look thin. He doesnt need to be built like Big Ben or Luck but the kid looks tiny and not in any good way. He isnt some elite track star like RG3 or Jackson. Never had a good look at his frame but gotta wonder if he can add more mass and thickness to his body.

He is a total Bad Asz too. Humphreys was my fav center due to his versatility but is going back for his senior year. Since I have been researching Harris based on some posters supporting him. He is a solid choice at center too. What I really want is a qb and C in the same draft class so they progress through thier career together.

The big winners so far this week at C are Hennessey and Cushenberry. Both might be more of a 2nd round pick which is just fine by me. Harris fits a zone scheme which I thought would be perfect but gotta be honest when Flo said Gailey has a reputation of being adaptive and able to change things up he needs a versatile C and Harris really isnt that.

I just didn’t see a great NFL QB when I watched Herbert play in big games this year.
Did you see a great QB whe you watched Russell Wilson play?

The big winners so far this week at C are Hennessey and Cushenberry. Both might be more of a 2nd round pick which is just fine by me. Harris fits a zone scheme which I thought would be perfect but gotta be honest when Flo said Gailey has a reputation of being adaptive and able to change things up he needs a versatile C and Harris really isnt that.
I've seen a bit of Hennessey already and can get on board with him. I'm going to go back and review cushenberry based on your suggestion. Thanks.

Go to twitter and look for clips from this week. Only guy to really hold up to Kinlaw with any confidence.

Don't laugh...I don't have social media. I avoid it like the plague. I come here as nice posters like you usually post the social media stuff.

How is Kushenberry a 2nd round pick when people were pounding the table for Biadasz and Humphrey as high as our 18 pick?

He was the best olineman on arguably the best college team ever...and he's shining in the Senior Bowl practices.

You are the one that said his stats were bad. Now you are saying it's not the stats?

Which is it?

What are his bad stats you spoke of?

Don't make a statement, then move the goal posts.

Show me where I’ve said a single thing about Herbert. I’ll wait.

I’ll save you the time. I haven’t. You’re thinking of someone else.

How is Kushenberry a 2nd round pick when people were pounding the table for Biadasz and Humphrey as high as our 18 pick?

He was the best olineman on arguably the best college team ever...and he's shining in the Senior Bowl practices.

Biadasz regressed this year and is limited athletically, not going to be able to do much more than operate within the phone booth. Not sure he was ever in the #18 discussion IMO. Humphrey is young and super talented so his ceiling was very high.

Kushenberry is relatively new to the position, never really called out blocking assignments or identified defensive markers. He is having a great week and displaying his potential. But is still very raw, his hand technique is inconsistent, inst great climbing to the 2nd level, and isnt really the best drive blocker at this time though he does have sufficient strength so it feels more like a technique thing. And there is a lot to learn for the position in the NFL. Potential wise he is late 1st round which IMO between 25-45 is kind of the sweet spot for the best Centers in a draft.

Show me where I’ve said a single thing about Herbert. I’ll wait.

I’ll save you the time. I haven’t. You’re thinking of someone else.
You are correct. It was a different poster. My bad.

I agree that stats are not the sole measure.

Usually not always but usually if a guy has the desire to be great he will continually improve. You didn’t see consistent improvement from year to year with Herbert you saw the same mistakes which to me means he doesn’t desire to be better

I am not disagreeing with you that Herbert does have a "I could not care less" attitude, but I have seen lately a more fired up, more excited Herbert.

The one thing that can change a QBs attitude for the game is coaching, put him with uninspiring Coaches, he will drag his feet, and not feel challenged, put him with good motivators, good teachers, and it may be a different story.

The one thing about Herbert that can not be challenged, his skill set is high, high enough that with the right coaches, he will become a quality to great QB.

I think he's a great third option.

With the apparent improvement from Herbert, since leaving Oregon; its beginning to look like he was held back at the college level, by his coaches. Herbert's best may be in front of him, with pro coaching?

Held back?

Seriously?

Still all in on Tua, but whoever they end up drafting at QB is going to be the guy I support unless he proves to be ****.
Supporting the QB we pick 100%. Unbridled support. A treasure trove of support. Nothing but support from top to bottom.

Unless he sucks.

I can get with this plan!

Biadasz regressed this year and is limited athletically, not going to be able to do much more than operate within the phone booth. Not sure he was ever in the #18 discussion IMO. Humphrey is young and super talented so his ceiling was very high.

Kushenberry is relatively new to the position, never really called out blocking assignments or identified defensive markers. He is having a great week and displaying his potential. But is still very raw, his hand technique is inconsistent, inst great climbing to the 2nd level, and isnt really the best drive blocker at this time though he does have sufficient strength so it feels more like a technique thing. And there is a lot to learn for the position in the NFL. Potential wise he is late 1st round which IMO between 25-45 is kind of the sweet spot for the best Centers in a draft.

Hump is not coming out...

Bummer news I know.

Back
Top Bottom