Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice

I thought the finger happened in spring practice, but broken fingers happen. I wouldn't judge based on that.

You forgot to mention the 2 ankle surgeries.
Sorry, one last year and one this year. Missed one game total

Don't laugh...I don't have social media. I avoid it like the plague. I come here as nice posters like you usually post the social media stuff.

Likewise. There's just too much junk.

GREAT clip, too. That's a stud DT, likely a top 20 pick, taking on a 2/3 rounder C and that C just stood him the **** up for 1/2 a second, left a good pocket, and even guided his man to his weak side (he's right handed, Im assuming.)

How's the very well regarded center from one of the best teams in college history going in the 2nd or 3rd? What's his flaw? Strength?

I'm ok with herbert. From a strictly physical point of view he's probably the best prospect. I have questions about his decision making and accuracy but if we feel those are workable he could end up being pretty good

I'm ok with herbert. From a strictly physical point of view he's probably the best prospect. I have questions about his decision making and accuracy but if we feel those are workable he could end up being pretty good
I'm seriously confused about this so called accuracy issue. I've posted earlier he has 1300 pass attempts and completed 64% . How is that accuracy issues?

I'm seriously confused about this so called accuracy issue. I've posted earlier he has 1300 pass attempts and completed 64% . How is that accuracy issues?

I like the kid as well but he definitely tends to get wild and high down field sometimes...

As with dink and dunkers like Tua, comp % can be a tad misleading vs. a kid that's attacking more downfield.

I'm just going off what I've seen and he has a tendency to sail the ball in the games I watched (recipe for ints). He wasn't as innacurate as Josh Allen, it was just he would miss about four to six wide open passes per game

Once again I don't have a problem spending a first rounder on him. I would prefer it's not 1A though

I agree, and having watched several games, I don't really see the decision making issue either. He did go with his first read a lot, so that could be construed as questionable, but we have no idea the parameters that were laid out by coaches.

His TD/INT ratio doesn't reflect poor decisions. In fact some have criticized him for being conservative, and not challenging tight windows.

I agree, and having watched several games, I don't really see the decision making issue either. He did go with his first read a lot, so that could be construed as questionable, but we have no idea the parameters that were laid out by coaches.

His TD/INT ratio doesn't reflect poor decisions. In fact some have criticized him for being conservative, and not challenging tight windows.
You havent seen a propensity to sail the ball at times? Ive seen it a number of times

You havent seen a propensity to sail the ball at times? Ive seen it a number of times
He does at times, but that really has nothing to do with "bad decisions".

I also believe that to be caused by issues with his delivery mechanics. Nothing a good coach, and 10,000 reps can't have a big impact on.

I was just watching the Senior Bowl highlight and saw that Herbert was 69.1% on his play action passes in 2019 and something like 16 TD's with only 1 INT on those 69% Play Action passes. Given Gailey loves the Play Action pass Herbert has to be on his radar.

I like the kid as well but he definitely tends to get wild and high down field sometimes...

As with dink and dunkers like Tua, comp % can be a tad misleading vs. a kid that's attacking more downfield.

C'mon man, I know you dont like him, but that is a joke, right? Tua's YPA is the best in the NCAA since 1956.

C'mon man, I know you dont like him, but that is a joke, right? Tua's YPA is the best in the NCAA since 1956.

Not true. I like the kid. But let's be real about his short passes
that got like 50yac as a matter of routine! In all honestly you
have to factor "that" into inflated stats and realize that doesn't
automatically translate into comparable success at the PRO level.

Not true. I like the kid. But let's be real about his short passes
that got like 50yac as a matter of routine! In all honestly you
have to factor "that" into inflated stats and realize that doesn't
automatically translate into comparable success at the PRO level.

Check the stats.

Last year, sarkesian's offense called for more short passes, the year before Tua was chucking the ball.

Trying to pidgeon-hole him as a dink and dunk QB is just misinformation.

Check the stats.

Last year, sarkesian's offense called for more short passes, the year before Tua was chucking the ball.

Trying to pidgeon-hole him as a dink and dunk QB is just misinformation.

I guess all those dinks that went for lots of YAC were an illusion on my TV and/or monitor!

I also believe in truth in advertising -- and IMO a LOT of folks around here have
incredibly inflated opinions on Tua. Again, I like the kid, and if we grab him @5
I'll be "OK" with the choice but NOT in love with it. IMO he's damaged goods
until proven otherwise and I don't see the "value" in that for such a premium pick.

Speaking of truth -- the stats you picked show him at 6-1. Is that a "fact?"

Tua a dink and dunker,but Hebert is a bomber..HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAA....:bobdole:

Back
Top Bottom