Here's the real scoop on Manuel Wright. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's the real scoop on Manuel Wright.

I bet you that in the next draft we go after either Kyle Williams or Claude Wroten both are LSU DTs so Saban knows them well and they won't go until about round 3

Nothing higher than a 6th. Look for Grady Jackson now.

Raekwon The Che said:
He was out of shape but we already know he is a project.

Why anybody would waste a high pick on a guy who is out of shape for a private workout is beyond me.

What does that tell you about his work ethic? If he cant get motivated for a private workout this guy has some serious issues.

urbanski said:
Why anybody would waste a high pick on a guy who is out of shape for a private workout is beyond me.

What does that tell you about his work ethic? If he cant get motivated for a private workout this guy has some serious issues.

The Eagles are willing to give up a No 2 pick for him if you can believe the following article.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/12098987.htm

Manuel Wright has shown flashes of brillance, but he still is a project. We should spend no higher then a 4th on him.

Brett Tessler said:
. Besides, when is the last time you remember a top player being taken in the supplemental draft?

Jamal Williams

Brett Tessler said:
Besides, when is the last time you remember a top player being taken in the supplemental draft?

Bernie Kosar, Cris Carter, Brian Bosworth (If not for shoulder woes he woulda been a decent player), Steve Walsh (carrer journeyman QB. Lasted like 10 years in the league), Rob Moore, Mike Wahle, Jamal Williams, Tony Hollings.

That's been about it. There was at least 35 players taken in the history of the supplemental draft. Most have been huggggge busts.

Channing Crowder or Manuel Wright?

This is how I look at it.

We choose this idiot Manuel Wright (let's be honest, academically ineligible) and we lose out on another shot like we got in this year's third round.

In the 3rd round this year, we got a MLB with a 3.8 gpa and OUTSTANDING physical tools.

I really doubt that Saban takes this type of player, risking another gem that all his preparation will afford come next year, in the 3rd round.

Some might say, "but Wright would have been disgusting on next year's USC D-Line."

But he's not playing, he couldn't play, and he's a proven failure.

Period.

I really do wish sometimes that the mods around here wouldn't be so quick to merge threads. :shakeno:

This Crowder remark of mine belongs on an island, not at the bottom of an irrelevant thread.

South Florida said:
This Crowder remark of mine belongs on an island, not at the bottom of an irrelevant thread.

Personally I think you should have accompanied your thread with a poll, because it is a good question, worthy of merit. Would you take Channing Crowder or Manuel Wright?

I'd take Crowder, and therefore would not spend a future 3rd on Manuel Wright.

If you give up that future 3rd you really do give up the chance that you could pull another guy of Channing Crowder's caliber. People around here have already dubbed him Zach's successor without seeing him play a down in a Miami uniform. Who knows who else's successor we could get next year in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom