Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article224884175.html

US-NEWS-FLORES-DOLPHIN-MI.JPG

These days, Jim Nagy runs the Senior Bowl, an all-star showcase game held here every January.

But a decade and a half ago, Nagy was an area scout for the Patriots, working alongside Flores in New England’s front office. They won a Super Bowl together in 2004. And while it’s been years since they wore the same logo, Flores still has no better professional reference than Nagy, who gushed about his longtime friend Monday.

“He’s one of my favorite people that I’ve ever worked with or ever been around in my life,” Nagy said. “... I love Brian Flores. He’s going to be a great coach.”

I choose to be excited about him. John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin were once nobodies.

Compared to some of the total nonsense that got hired this cycle, not to mention some terrifying names that have been bandied about, we did the best we could do.

We aren’t winning for a couple of years and everyone understands that. It’s about installing a winning system, building the roster and developing talent.

It all sounds lovely, but how much stock are we supposed to put in this? "Someone's friend says something nice about them", yeah I read about it in Big Whoop magazine. Oh wait the guy used to work for the Patriots? Well that makes his opinion so much more valid. It's not the first article that suggests he's a nice guy and I doubt it will be the last.

Back
Top Bottom