Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt

This is the equivalent of finding a needle in a haystack. The chances that a first year HC (and 1 year DC) is "the guy" would beat ALL odds. If he doesn't work out, he will suffice until we draft a new QB and people actually want to come to Miami again.

I will still root for him but I need to see the off-season plan unfold first.

A fair shot. LOL

There could pages and pages in a thread debating what constitutes a "fair shot" by the member base here. We've seen it recently regarding a certain player who's plagued this team for the last 7 years. But I digress.

I'm not willing to give ANYONE more than 2-3 years. And this is assuming we actually see some sort of clear progress along that time. Because if that wolf doesnt bite and bite early, he should be dealt with.

No. More. Waiting.

This fan base deserves better.

The sheeple will read these kind of fluff articles and feel comfortable with the choice their team made. It happens every year across the NFL. How often does a team hire a first year head coach and you read overly critical things about them? Maybe one or two that I can remember?

But hey Dolfans, eat it up. I don't care. I will call a spade, a spade.

Produce or gtfo should be the motto and mind set of every Dolfan in response to this hire.

Someone actually said they are "optimistic for Flores"....LMAO

Have you posted one positive thing since returning to this site under an alias? All you do is criticize or laugh at every single thing the team does, and mock those who don't agree with you.

Aside from the continual negativity being abrasive, it must be exhausting for you.

A fair shot. LOL

There could pages and pages in a thread debating what constitutes a "fair shot" by the member base here. We've seen it recently regarding a certain player who's plagued this team for the last 7 years. But I digress.

I'm not willing to give ANYONE more than 2-3 years. And this is assuming we actually see some sort of clear progress along that time. Because if that wolf doesnt bite and bite early, he should be dealt with.

No. More. Waiting.

The sheeple will read these kind of fluff articles and feel comfortable with the choice their team made. It happens every year across the NFL. How often does a team hire a first year head coach and you read overly critical things about them? Maybe one or two that I can remember?

Produce or gtfo should be the motto and mind set of every Dolfan in response to this hire.

So are you in essense declaring that you're not gonna support him because he's not your preference?

Have you posted one positive thing since returning to this site under an alias? All you do is criticize or laugh at every single thing the team does, and mock those who don't agree with you.

Aside from the continual negativity being abrasive, it must be exhausting for you.
Funny you should note that. I'm automatically suspicious of all "new" posters who show up here with an established agenda and familiar talking points. IMO they're usually banned posters with new IPs or they've outworn their welcome elsewhere. It's hard to believe that with so much pent up anger, they've never vented in a forum before :shrug:

I'll fully support flores as as head coach and give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise in my eyes. That being said everybody has somebody that's going to vouch for the person but a nice read nonetheless .... go fins!

You seem to be fixated on what I have to say. Do you think it could perhaps be in your best interest to simply ignore what I post since it seems to bother you so much?

Perception makes every head coach a longshot to succeed. Unless you win the Super Bowl or multiple playoff games in a short time span then almost every coach is considered a failure. Look at all the disbelief when Marvin Lewis' name came up in a thread here, regarding our coaching vacancy. Lewis had the Bengals averaging an 8 point margin in 2013 and 9 point margin as recently as 2015, yet posters here acted as if it were an outrageous submission.

Without either an elite quarterback or freakishly good defense, the standards simply cannot be met to satisfy those fan demands.

I hope we make noticeably smarter decisions across the board, and specifically toward finding that premier quarterback no matter how many swings it takes.

Piece by piece leads nowhere. Every time I read about trading down I want to laugh. New England can trade down because they have had Brady throughout this trade down era. That organization cannot be used as example of anything. That organization would not be trading down if it had a mediocre quarterback.

I agree, even though I don't trust this organization but I have to put my trust in them because it's all we've got. If they like a quarterback then go get him for whatever it takes.

Having trouble figuring out how the defense was "so much better" yet allowed more points....

I'll try to look into this further when I have more time. They were better in just about every other category, but it's a legitimate point.

Good read. I’ve been much more optimistic about him if late. Looking forward to his PC

Perception makes every head coach a longshot to succeed. Unless you win the Super Bowl or multiple playoff games in a short time span then almost every coach is considered a failure. Look at all the disbelief when Marvin Lewis' name came up in a thread here, regarding our coaching vacancy. Lewis had the Bengals averaging an 8 point margin in 2013 and 9 point margin as recently as 2015, yet posters here acted as if it were an outrageous submission.

Without either an elite quarterback or freakishly good defense, the standards simply cannot be met to satisfy those fan demands.

I hope we make noticeably smarter decisions across the board, and specifically toward finding that premier quarterback no matter how many swings it takes.

Piece by piece leads nowhere. Every time I read about trading down I want to laugh. New England can trade down because they have had Brady throughout this trade down era. That organization cannot be used as example of anything. That organization would not be trading down if it had a mediocre quarterback.

How about trading down for ammo in the following years draft to target a QB?

A fair shot. LOL

No. More. Waiting.

This fan base deserves better??? You mean, the only fan base that saw the only undefeated season capped off with a super bowl win? The fan base that has seen it's team go to multiple super bowls, (including 3 in a row, winning 2)? The fan base that witnessed the winningest HC of all time? Yea, sure, we deserve better. There are fans of many more teams that would LOVE to have had their team accomplish just ONE of those things. Every franchise suffers for periods of time. Sure it seems like it's been a long time, but check with the Lions fans, and some of the dreadful things Browns fans have had to live through.

Last edited:
I'll try to look into this further when I have more time. They were better in just about every other category, but it's a legitimate point.

Yah, I don't doubt they may have been better in certain aspects, but there's just no way in hell a defense could be "way" better and give up more points.

Just the general idea of attributing their success to Flores is ridiculous to me though. How many coordinators have to come and go from NE over the years without the team really changing at all before people realize it's all Bellichek?

This fan base deserves better??? You mean, the only fan base that saw the only undefeated season capped off with a super bowl win? The fan base that has seen it's team go to multiple super bowls, (including 3 in a row, winning 2)? The fan base that witnessed the winningest HC of all time? Yea, sure, we deserve better. There are fans of many more teams that would LOVE to have had their team accomplish just ONE of those things. Every franchise suffers for periods of time. Sure it seems like it's been a long time, but check with the Lions fans, and some of the dreadful things Browns fans have had to live through.
Bro, they can never take that history away from us, but good GOD that was a long time ago. We haven't whiffed a conference championship game since 92 and 35 years since a SB appearance. Sure, Lions and Browns fans have had it worse. That's not the bar for team success that I want to set for satisfaction, however. We've been patient a LONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time.

Bro, they can never take that history away from us, but good GOD that was a long time ago. We haven't whiffed a conference championship game since 92 and 35 years since a SB appearance. Sure, Lions and Browns fans have had it worse. That's not the bar for team success that I want to set for satisfaction, however. We've been patient a LONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time.

Oh, to be sure.... but it just irritates me when people say we "deserve" a championship.

Back
Top Bottom