Hey Fin Fans, Better hope Miami scores first!!!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Fin Fans, Better hope Miami scores first!!!!!

Take Milloy out of the equation and my sister could look like Marino out there on Sunday. The fact is that you can throw down the middle all day if you don't have to account for the safety. I am not trying to suggest that Fiedler has Marino's skills. My post was in response to the ridiculous notion that Milloy will be lining up against the run all day. IF that does come to pass then, yes Fiedler will have a career day.

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Take Milloy out of the equation and my sister could look like Marino out there on Sunday. The fact is that you can throw down the middle all day if you don't have to account for the safety. I am not trying to suggest that Fiedler has Marino's skills. My post was in response to the ridiculous notion that Milloy will be lining up against the run all day. IF that does come to pass then, yes Fiedler will have a career day.

Thing is Milloy will be there!:lol:

LoL. So much pre-game trash talking going on in this thread. Its REALLY enjoyable to read in light of what happened in the game.

You know I said it in my Week 3 Analysis for Ask the Commish. People are going to look at the Dolphins being last in Pass D, and the Bills passing offense looking good, and they are going to say "Wow...Bledsoe should pass for 500 yards against them"

But you know what? Toss those stats out the window. These teams have played each other, more to the point these PLAYERS have played each other a LOT. Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison (and Brock Marion) know Eric Moulds...know him well in fact. They know Drew Bledsoe pretty darn well too. They all know Travis Henry. And Winfield and Clements know Jay Fiedler and our receivers. In a game like that, you toss the two-week-old statistical trends right out the WINDOW.

That said I expected Moulds and Henry to each have good days. I am so pumped not only for the win but how our defensive players played, AND how our defensive coach Jim Bates prepared the game plan and executed it.

Blitzes to knock down and rattle a standing target Drew Bledsoe. Confusing coverage screens and PLENTY of help on Eric Moulds. Sammy Knight and Brock Marion both taking advantage of Drew's tendancy to lock in on a target. Junior Seau being a playmaker against the run and now the pass as he collected a beautiful sack. Zach Thomas looking like the Thomas of old. The interceptions, great plays by Surtain, Knight, and Marion.

You forgot Ogunleye, he finally took advantage of the double teams on JT...

True that. Some real hustle for Ogun today. Disappointed that JT didn't get a sack, but he did give Jonas Jennings some fits. I tell you he's probably got the most penalties called for him in the NFL right now. He's not collecting the sacks but he's getting pressures and he's forcing his opposition to hold him and put hands to the face and crap like that. Those are almost as good as sacks.

Back
Top Bottom