Hey Fin Fans, Better hope Miami scores first!!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Fin Fans, Better hope Miami scores first!!!!!

You know why Im so fired up for this game, simply because this game will actually seem like a rivalry game. It has been since the Kelly and Marino era that the Bills and Fins really played a rivalry game.

I love the fact that IMO there is a fierce tackling LB in Spikes and a powerful runner in Williams. It will be a great matchup, I think Spikes will get the better of it, but I should think that way because Im a bills fan.

I stick to my point though that the Bills will be very very very emotional and intense early on. I really dont think you know what I mean. If you watch the NE game maybe you would know.

I just dont see Miami matching our intensity to start the game. Maybe they will or maybe they wont........nah they wont.

You guys are missing something here...

Originally posted by FFiB

So what running backs has Taco Spice faced this year?

Oh, the Bills just won the superbowl and in heaven is a fair.

Takeo Spikes might be the biggest off season aquisition....but SAM ADAMS is the player that will really be a thorn in Miami's side?

Why? Our linebackers are looking so good because they now have a legit set of DT's in front of them that let them make plays.......last year Ricky might have blown through our offensive line and out the other side....that wont' happen in this game....

Also two more comments:

- You can bet Milloy will be playing in the box and

- Ricky will have a hard time running the ball if you guys fall behind early.........

Originally posted by gobills2oo3
You know why Im so fired up for this game, simply because this game will actually seem like a rivalry game. It has been since the Kelly and Marino era that the Bills and Fins really played a rivalry game.

I love the fact that IMO there is a fierce tackling LB in Spikes and a powerful runner in Williams. It will be a great matchup, I think Spikes will get the better of it, but I should think that way because Im a bills fan.

I stick to my point though that the Bills will be very very very emotional and intense early on. I really dont think you know what I mean. If you watch the NE game maybe you would know.

I just dont see Miami matching our intensity to start the game. Maybe they will or maybe they wont........nah they wont.

Yeah, I agree. It does feel like an 'event' game even this early in the season.

I wish I'd been able to see the Bills-Pats game because as you mention I (and many of us here probably) don't really know what you mean about this intensity, but I do think you're hoping for a bit too much if you expect the Fins to come out flat. It's national TV, and all players like knowing that other teams will be watching (the ones not still on airplanes and busses). If it weren't for the loss to the Texans, I'd say the Bills have more to prove in this game, but I'd guess the Fins will be very fired up to win at home -- it would go a long way toward putting the week-one embarrassment behind them.

Linebackers are usually at a disadvantage trying to make a difference against a good team, since the offense dictates where the plays go and can design things to minimize their effectiveness (unless the rest of the defense makes that impossible). Ray Lewis didn't have a big day in Miami last year and Ricky ran for over 100. But it should be fun to watch, regardless.

Re: You guys are missing something here...

Originally posted by John from Hemet
- Ricky will have a hard time running the ball if you guys fall behind early.........

Naah. Even two scores down, if the defense is playing well there's no reason to ditch your offensive game plan until the fourth quarter, if you think it'll work (say, if you're wearing the defense down).

Now, if the Bills get up by 17 or so and our defense looks a mess, well that's another story. But that's true in any game.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

surely, this assessment has nothing to do with the fact that he plays for your favorite team :rolleyes:

It probablly has more to do with the stats
15 tackles 2 interceptions 1 sack

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
TKO might be the one who needs to be warned.

He'll have a nice view of the sky after #34 runs over him.

yeah this for me is the real truth about TKO. we will see who he is really all about when JF takes his ars for a ride.:lol:

Takeo Spikes might be the biggest off season aquisition....but SAM ADAMS is the player that will really be a thorn in Miami's side?

Why? Our linebackers are looking so good because they now have a legit set of DT's in front of them that let them make plays.......last year Ricky might have blown through our offensive line and out the other side....that wont' happen in this game....

Also two more comments:

sam adams will be sucking wind.

should be a nice humid night in s florida dont ya think? run counters, run screens, run ricky, run playaction, run everything at them. and you all know what norv likes to do best at key situations. :tongue: or maybe you dont............that is how you tire the bills D down.

Originally posted by finfan54
should be a nice humid night in s florida dont ya think? run counters, run screens, run ricky, run playaction, run everything at them. and you all know what norv likes to do best at key situations. :tongue: or maybe you dont............that is how you tire the bills D down.

Problem is, who runs the show? Wanny. Watch him contradict Norv's calls.

sam adams will be sucking wind.

Or maybe run back an INT for a TD.

Originally posted by justafan

Problem is, who runs the show? Wanny. Watch him contradict Norv's calls.

Or maybe run back an INT for a TD.

You said it! Wanny is the problem !! :D :D :D

Originally posted by gobills2oo3
EXACTLY!!!!!!! He was in Cincy, No one cared about him in Cincy. Thats why he will be a crazy man sunday night. This is his chance for the spotlight. Its his First ever national game. He is ready to eat. Its his time now.

Oh please!!! Spare me with this stuff your dreaming up!

I could care less what you think, no one took him lightly when he was with Cincy, every single team knew about him.

You think he wants the rest of the worlds fans to know him?

I seriously hope he thinks like you, and is just looking for some "SpotLight"! But I really really doubt it!

I think he wants to play football with his "Team Mates"

Also two more comments:

Oh That would be a laugh. Put Milloy in the box!! So Jay won't have to account for your secondary. Overload against the run. :lol: Let Jay Fiedler look like Dan Marino. Which side are you going to overload anyway. Ricky can run in traffic as well as Emmit Smith in his prime and can bounce to the outside as well as Marshall. Maybe Ditka wasn't such an idiot after all.

:billsbite

BTW. For your information it is only necessary to abandon the run if you fall behind very late in the game, early in the game you still want possession.

Re: Re: You guys are missing something here...

Originally posted by StartingTailbak

Oh That would be a laugh. Put Milloy in the box!! So Jay won't have to account for your secondary. Overload against the run. :lol: Let Jay Fiedler look like Dan Marino. Which side are you going to overload anyway. Ricky can run in traffic as well as Emmit Smith in his prime and can bounce to the outside as well as Marshall. Maybe Ditka wasn't such an idiot after all.

:billsbite

You forget one thing. Fiedler doesn't have Marino's arm. He can't throw down the field and has no quick release.

Back
Top Bottom