*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) *** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) ***

Sorry you feel that way, but I feel by bringing him in, the media will focus more on us, and with the new uniform changes, could bring a new interest to our team.

This would be a "win-win" situation for everyone, including the fans.

ucfpf12

It would only be win-win for Teblow fans. It's lose-lose for fans of whatever team signs him. I'd puke-puke if Miami signs him. :puke:

Sorry you feel that way, but I feel by bringing him in, the media will focus more on us, and with the new uniform changes, could bring a new interest to our team.

ucfpf12

who cares if the media focuses on the dolphins more? ask the jest if they like the media attention.

Man-oh-man, you guys are really closed minded about even considering it.

I'm disappointed, but will agree to not bring it up any more.

I lost.

This is a very shortsighted way of thinking. What do you care who follows this team or who is or is not interested. All you should worry about is YOUR interest in the team, not someone elses.

Just for the record have you seen the kind of attention Teblow brings to the league. Although he is a positive person, he brings nothing but negative attention to the league in general, especially whatever team he is on. If we sign Tebow, it would create new interest, interest that includes people talking about us in the bathrooms when they are taking a piss.

ucfpf12

never said I wanted him to be a dolphin and in reality we dont know if Pat Devlin is a better qb than Tim tebow

I agree with you 100% we certainly cannot guarantee that Pat Devlin is a better QB then Tim Tebow. No way. And yes he did win some in Denver and the win vs Pittsburgh was great, can't take that away from him. However I could never picture a Tim Tebow led offense going up against an offensive power house like the Patriots and having any chance to win. I was angry when Denver beat Pittsburgh and it wasn't because I like Pittsburgh or hate Tebow it was because there was no way in HELL a Tim Tebow led offense was going into Foxboro and scoring enough points to beat the Nw England Patriots in the playoffs. I really didn't think there was any chance it would even be a good game and it wasn't. Now that's a tall order to begin with but one that requires a solid passing game to accomplish. Your not going to win with QB draws and the option.

Point is I do not think a Tim tebow led offense can hang with the teams that have real offensive firepower in the 2013 version of the NFL. He can win some nce games against teams who play solid defense and are average on offense, the 2011 Dolphins, the 2011 Jets, the 2011 Bears and to some extent the 2011 Steelers who have some firepower but also have a tendency to play sloppy. Tebow is dead meat against teams who can really score.

Comparing Tebow to Tannehill

In his three NFL seasons Tebow has completed 47.9 percent of his passes, throwing for 2,422 yards with 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He's been sacked 41 times and has a cumulative passer rating of 75.3.

Ryan Tannehill in one season has thrown 3,294 yards completed 58.3 percent of his passes, thrown 12 TD's against 13 picks, and a 76.1 rating, sacked 35 times.

One QB won a National Championship in college and won a Heisman.

The guy is a winner & can play ball but I don't understand why he is so reluctant to switch positions to the point of being booted from the league. He would be a awesome TE...Great hands,power runner & speedy for his size

The guy is a winner & can play ball but I don't understand why he is so reluctant to switch positions to the point of being booted from the league. He would be a awesome TE...Great hands,power runner & speedy for his size
He's reluctant to switch positions because he's only played QB. We don't know if he's any good at catching the ball, blocking a defender and running a route. However we do know that when he joins a team, the circus comes with him. Yes, including the bearded lady (she's still a virgin too), the sword swallower (he and Tim are just friends), the dancing bear (higher Wonderlic score than Tim) not to mention all the clowns who interpret his passes as miracles. There's a part of me that says Tim could be a bargain who was treated unfairly at the Jets, he is good at running the ball and he deserves a chance. But we have surrounded Tannehill with weapons and we really don't need the media distraction of Tebow + circus.

Last edited by a moderator:

In his three NFL seasons Tebow has completed 47.9 percent of his passes, throwing for 2,422 yards with 17 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He's been sacked 41 times and has a cumulative passer rating of 75.3.

Ryan Tannehill in one season has thrown 3,294 yards completed 58.3 percent of his passes, thrown 12 TD's against 13 picks, and a 76.1 rating, sacked 35 times.

I'd love to hear what your point is, exactly... ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Man-oh-man, you guys are really closed minded about even considering it.

I'm disappointed, but will agree to not bring it up any more.

I lost.

We aren't close minded...we can just see the train wreck coming a mile away. I think I speak for most of us when I say we are Miami Dolphins fans before we are fans of a particular player. The problem with Tebow isn't Tebow, it's his fans. They're like groupies. They follow him place to place, trash the joint and then bolt when he leaves. Bunch of bandwagoners...

I really feel bad for the guy. His fans are the reason he probably won't get another legitimate chance to be a QB in the NFL. When I say his fans, I don't mean the rational ones. I mean the crazy ones that think he could be a starting QB just because he's a great guy and a "Winner", regardless of skill.

Say the Phins sign him against everyone's better judgement, there is no possible outcome that ends well for the Dolphins other then Timmy leading them to a Superbowl. (Not gonna happen) Everybody says "give him a chance!" I agree, but not on this team. If Henne was still the QB sucking it up, I'd say what the hell, give him a shot.

Right now we have a pretty good, potentially great, young QB in Tannehill. We have the league's best backup in Moore and we have the "teacher's pet" in Devlin. Right now, Tebow MIGHT be better than Devlin. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. So we make him our third stringer, then all his fans cry, "Give him a chance!" and create a QB controversy. If his fans don't do it the media will. It will eat the team from the inside out. He is a cancer, all because of the media and his fans.

Also, I REALLY wish people would stop this "He was a winner in college" crap. A lot of QB's were good/great college players that sucked in the pros and I sure don't hear people shouting from the rooftops to give Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, etc... another chance. The reason some of them are still in the league is because they don't have a psychotic circus following their every move.

BTW, the Broncos defense was pretty darn good the year that he made miracles. We should also ignore the fact that the same Broncos team that he "made" barely a winner, is now one of the best teams in the league under Manning.

ARRGGGG!!! I HATE THE OFFSEASON! Bring on week 1 so we can end this crap!

Yep, T-Hill is still light years ahead in terms of development.
And Tebow had one more year of college QBing than Ryan did.

Tebowphobia out there.

He kicked phins butts last time he played in phins stadium, the only QB in the history of NFL to win a game losing 15-0 with 3 minutes left.

Bunch of phobics out there. In a pistol type offense like Washington runs he would be good. Actually he was 6-8 passing this year for the Jets which is 75% completion plus no butt fumbles. He is not better then Tannehill but better then any phins QB we have had since Marino retired until we got Tanne last year. Phins have 4 losing years in a row for you tebowphobics and Tebow is 8-6 with a playoff win without ever entering the season as a starter yet. $ years of losing makes all of you non-experts when talking about a winner.

Tebowphobia out there.

He kicked phins butts last time he played in phins stadium, the only QB in the history of NFL to win a game losing 15-0 with 3 minutes left.

Bunch of phobics out there. In a pistol type offense like Washington runs he would be good. Actually he was 6-8 passing this year for the Jets which is 75% completion plus no butt fumbles. He is not better then Tannehill but better then any phins QB we have had since Marino retired until we got Tanne last year. Phins have 4 losing years in a row for you tebowphobics and Tebow is 8-6 with a playoff win without ever entering the season as a starter yet. $ years of losing makes all of you non-experts when talking about a winner.

He did so well at Denver that they signed him to an extension....o wait. Is Tebowphobia a fear of signing a QB with a 46% completion ratio? Perhaps it's fear of a QB who only completes 9 passes per game.

Back
Top Bottom