*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) *** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hey look, a Tebow thread (Merged x4) ***

It's not happening, I predict Tebow will be a Jacksonville Jaguar very soon...wait for it.

Let me humor the idea of Tebow in Miami, where does he fit on the team from a football standpoint?

At quarterback? The Dolphins already have four quarterbacks on the roster and I don't see them choosing Tebow over Tannehill, Moore or Devlin. Tebow probably beats out Belton, but they are not keeping four quarterbacks.

Running back? Is he better as a running back then Miller, Thomas, Gillislee, Gray or even Thigpen? Don't see it.

Tight End? Is he better than Keller, Clay or Sims? No. I don't think he could even beat Egnew out.

Special Teams? I think we all know he can't play there since we saw firsthand Jimmy Wilson embarrass him.

There is no real spot on the team for him and the circus he would bring with him is not worth it. Not his fault that the media circus follows him, but why would Miami ruin all the good they have done lately by signing him? They wouldn't.

He could line up in the slot position alas Jim Jensen type.

I would buy his Jersey.

Why would Tebow prevent us from playoffs. He wouldnt start or even play probably. The jets did not fail last year because of Tim Tebow.

Tebow was part of the reasone the jets failed last year. You dont think tebow had any affect on sanchez and his mental aporoach always looking over his shoulder to see if he was getting yanked. It was a joke and if tebow would not even play why even bother. From a football standpoint it makes 0 sense.

I guess it depends on what you mean by affordable. I would not pay a guy 2.5 million esp if I know he will probably clear waivers.
I would sign him to be my third qb and developmental player.

His base salary is $630,000. That's all he is due by whatever team would have claimed him. He was advanced most of his salary by Denver, which ended up being split by Denver and NYJ, and subsequently reduced his base salaries for 2013 and 2014.

I absolutely don't want him, but he is cheap enough that if someone did want him, it wouldn't be hard to fit him under their cap. My point is that it is not his salary the deters teams from claiming him.

Why would he come here if he wants to play QB. I would take him on the team for a low rate if I was the owner, but Tebow would be insane to do it. He would put the nails in the coffin as only being some strange sensation. For sure the Jets took the first step in his ruin. Kind of sad, hope he finds work.

Damn, I'm losing this opinion, just keep an open mind on ticket sales and his popularity with Gator fans and religious followers. He's a good person and I would like to see him become a Dolphin. He will help fill up our stadium, Gator fans are loyal.

He has a better playoff win record in Denver than Peyton Manning.

Just take the emotion out of it, it makes for a smart business move.

ucfpf12

Damn, I'm losing this opinion, just keep an open mind on ticket sales and his popularity with Gator fans and religious followers. His a good person and I would like to see him become a Dolphin. He will help fill up our stadium, Gator fans are loyal.

He has a better playoff win record in Denver than Peyton Manning.

Just take the emotion out of it, it makes for a smart business move.

ucfpf12

winning will fill the seats. tebow will not help win. if anything, it might hurt the dolphins, as he's wasting a roster spot.

The Jets really screwed Tebow, even if you aren't a fan of his you have to admit that he should have gotten the starting nod at some point during the season ahead of Sanchez. Unfortunately for him Rex Ryan is in love with Sanchez so he never got a shot. At this point Tebow is more of a distraction than anything, which is unfortunate because I am a big fan of his.

Back
Top Bottom